Mateu Lahoz to oversee 'Clásico' on 22nd March

cmsy27

Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz has been appointed to officiate the Barcelona vs Real Madrid 'Clásico' in La Liga gameweek 28, which will be played on the 22nd of this month.

Real Madrid have secured a couple of titles against Barcelona with the Valencian referee in charge - the 2013 Super Cup and the 2014 Copa del Rey, winning 2-1 in both cases. However, they lost to Atlético in this year's edition of the cup with Mateu overseeing proceedings.

In general terms, both teams have tended to come out on top in the games officiated by Mateu Lahoz.

From http://www.marca.com/en/2015/03/10/en/football/spanish_football/1426002328.html

Referee stats:

clasicobbva-arbitro-1415-02-mateu-lahoz.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In general, Barcelona do not win with Lahoz in charge against RM - not a surprise selection for El Clasico

FC B

Not happy to have him refereeing any Clasico. I think this Barca can win even with Lahoz.

raskolnikov

To be fair though, we consider any topref in la liga to be a Madridista in heart and a bad choice for the classico. I have never seen people happy about the ref.

G

Gasgas

Lahoz is a top ref. he is very lenient with fouls but in his case towards both teams. He is not at all impartial.
This is when we need to play our physical game and not succumb to being bullied around like us vs atletico in the league last seasoon at the Vicente Calderon in a 0-0 draw

dostoevskij

i like this, he has what it takes to control a clasico, guts!!!!!!

he lets the game flow and has a tendency to allow more than what should be allowed, but he is not afraid to make unorthodox and difficult calls like so many other referees

Home of Barca Fans