Trip to Camp Nou next week!

AndreasA

Hello everyone,

I am from Germany and a big Barca fan as well. I was lucky to see the 3:1 victory of Barca in Leverkusen three years ago. We all know how the backgame ended :)

I always wanted to go to see a game in real life in Camp Nou but unfortunately did not make it so far. A friend of mine has tickets for the next weeks game versus Manchester City. His fellow cannot join due to work reasons. I was completely stunned when Thomas asked me to come with him !!!

This means that I will finally come to Camp Nou and watch the worlds best team defeating City! I can not tell how excited I am right now.

Now I got one question. I have not been to Barcelona so far and I would like to experience the city from the Barca perspective. Can anyone recommend me a hotel close to Camp Nou or maybe even better, a hotel which has some relation with the club of Barca? Maybe there are further locations related to the club. I would really like to experience the city with connection to FC Barca!

Thank you very much in advance and looking forward for the answers ...

frog-fcb

If you want close to the stadium there is the princess sofia hotel i think its called. When i was over i stayed in hotel derby was nice clean an cheap an about 10 mins to the stadium

Bucky

Penya Member
You also have the NH Barcelona Stadium hotel about 1-2min walk from the Camp Nou.

I plan on staying there in April.

You also have the metro a short walk from the hotel too, stop: Les Corts on the green line that will take you into the city so you can check out Las Ramblas etc.

Hope you enjoy, definitely envious as that is sure to be one heck of a game!

AndreasA

Thank you Bucky for the advice.

I found now a suitable hotel which is actually very close to the stadium (just a few hundred meters to walk). Bus and Tram station is also directly on the other side of the street. You can more or less see the stadium from there.
I will let you know how the trip was ...

But still, has anyone some insider tips what to do in the city to experience the spirit of Barca?

Bucky

Penya Member
No problem, happy to help.

Will look forward to hearing about your experience, I've yet to finish writing mine up just been quite busy with some of my spare time chillaxing on these forums.

When you say experience the spirit, do you mean Barça or Barcelona?

You'll see Catalan flags almost every where you look and the Catalan culture is obviously dear to them; patriotic, proud & passionate (try learning some Catalan phrases that will usually put a smile on some as you acknowledge the Catalan culture, they appreciate it - so things like please - Si us plau. Many thanks - Moltes gràcies. Bye - adéu. Although Castilian will suffice, Catalá is just more respectful). Walk down Las Ramblas, a lot of stalls there, they have a fair few "unofficial" Barça gear as well as official merchandise too but I'd always, always buy from the FCBotiga's for Barça merchandise to make sure it's 100% genuine plus the money definitely going to the club.

The spirit of Barcelona can be found in most of the top tourist attractions in the Sagrada Familia - cannot recommend enough, nothing like it in the World, it's breath taking & so unique. It's an architects wet dream :lol:

Casa Batlló - haven't yet checked it out but have stood outside it and it's another marvel as it's one of Gaudí's creations.
Park Guell - another Gaudí creation that is a must see to these truly unique houses.
There's another Casa up the road from the Batlló family house but I can't remember what it's called, it stands out and is opposite the Diagonal metro station (green line).

The Olympic stadium too with the Magic Fountain (if it's fixed when you go, unfortunately it was under maintenance when I went, would have been brilliant for Valentines but oh well).

Spirit of Barça however, definitely, definitely do the Camp Nou experience! You will not regret it.

Whilst Barcelona hold Barça close to their hearts, they have advertisements in places, Barça TV, FCBotiga's, but if that's what you mean by the team spirit inside the city... I'm stumped and maybe someone else can answer that better :thinking:

Last edited:

AndreasA

Ok, Bucky. What I just read from you sound quite nice and I think the combination of Barca and Barcelona will be the best solution. I already heard that the city and the club is very close related to each other. The thing with Catalonia probably contributes as well. I just can say I am really looking forward and hope to see a super great game next week!

Cheers :)

AndreasA

Hello everybody,

back from Barcelona and I just can tell you I was absolutely amazed by the game, the atmosphere and the city itself !!!

The goal of Rakitic was simply beautiful and the whole stadium went crazy. Too bad, that they just scored one ;-) For me as a German it was special when Ter Stegen kept the penalty ...
We where sitting quite high on one of the highest rows of the stadium. We could even see a little bit of the houses around. I was surprised that the view was good, even though we where far above the field. Camp Nou is simply a wonderful stadium and the atmosphere was very different compared to other arenas! I will definitely go there again, if possible for the Clasico!

Cheers

Bucky

Penya Member
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it!

Stegen is a hero, was such an epic save and great to keep a clean sheet. Could not be happier for him :D

Different atmosphere in a good way? I'd imagine in CL games & Clasico's, or generally bigger games, Camp Nou comes alive?

Unfortunately when I went it was against Levante and the only noise came from the Almo's, it was pretty disheartening but as expected really with so many tourists in town.

:cheers:

Home of Barca Fans