Lliga: Eibar - Barça 0-2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Montoya-Pique-Bartra-Adriano
----------Gumbau
------Rakitic----Rafinha
--Messi-----Suarez---Neymar

Pitch isnt that important, mentality is. We have played 3 weak matches with good results in a row now. If we continue to play weak we wont beat city and real.

Team has lost some of the momentum in my opinion. We had some months with good results and fantastic individual performance. Now we need to focus and not Get too relaxed.

This is the the real test for enrique, conquer or be conquered. He must put real down.

L

linetty

Pitch isnt that important, mentality is. We have played 3 weak matches with good results in a row now. If we continue to play weak we wont beat city and real.

Team has lost some of the momentum in my opinion. We had some months with good results and fantastic individual performance. Now we need to focus and not Get too relaxed.

This is the the real test for enrique, conquer or be conquered. He must put real down.
We played well the last games but Messi was a bit off (reserving his energy for RM and Man City presumably). It was clear as daylight that we haven't been giving 100% lately because it wasn't needed. Rayo can be beaten easily without much effort, we had a decent lead ahead of Villarreal in Copa and after scoring in the 4th minute it was clear we will be just passing it sideways.

It's not like we lost momentum, you're just overreacting as usual. Also, the pitch is very important, as it depends on how we'll play.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Montoya-Pique-Bartra-Adriano
----------Gumbau
------Rakitic----Rafinha
--Messi-----Suarez---Neymar

Gumbau? Nah. Unless your logic is that taking Samper away from Barca B would hurt them too much, and we could probably still function with Gumbau at CDM against Eibar.

Linetty

You may be right. But what about the granada match, you didnt mention it. It was very important in the title race, and we played very bad, actually we were much better against Malaga, where we dominated at least.

And this energy conservation you are talking about, is it like messi out on the field thinking "hey we are up 2-1 and face real in some weeks, I rather not take that goal opportunity"? I dont think so, you are making it sound to rational.

Its natural to lose momentum, you cant stay super tuned all the time. And its never easy to tell whats what, maybe you are right, it will show against city and real. Its not that easy though:) Maybe we have lost momentum, and find new energy against real - I am right then, you are wrong, but it will look like I am wrong;) Same the other way around.

Anyways, I am getting very nervous already, and cant stop thinking about our midfield. I fear modric and isco I have to admit. We need busi after all.

L

linetty

Why do you fear their midfield? Modric will most likely still be rusty after the injury, Kroos is burnt out and Isco is not that much of a threat. I'd be nervous if I were a RM fan actually, especially if they play 443 without a DM.

Bucky

Penya Member
Why do you fear their midfield? Modric will most likely still be rusty after the injury, Kroos is burnt out and Isco is not that much of a threat. I'd be nervous if I were a RM fan actually, especially if they play 443 without a DM.

443!!??!?!?! They get an extra man advantage, we're f'd!

Vs Eibar, if we play like we have been these last few games we're going to get turned over 5-0.

:troll:

vs Levante, we were dominant.
vs Malaga, kept possession, made silly mistakes, poor and lacked ideas to break through. Frustrating game.
vs Citeh, dominant first half, went to sleep in the second and looked sloppy.
vs Granada, we were even sweating?
vs Villarreal in CdR, didn't sweat, in La Liga, sweated a little bit.

Our midfield was out of sync and totally outplayed last time, in october if I remember correct.

Do you really think 35 year old xavi should start against isco, kroos and modric in 2015? I dont think so. Without busi it will be raki, masch and iniesta - is that a top notch midfield in your opinion?

Rusty? Modric? I hope so. I have seen players performed pretty well after some months out. Kroos burnt out? What do you mean. Isco had been reals best player this season.

I think we can win if the three up front deliever, but it will be a tough one. Pique must be outstanding again.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Raki - Masch - Iniesta will be fine for the Clasico. No way should Xavi start.

Anyway we have this game before we get to that point. We need to go one game at a time and see where it gets us.

L

linetty

Our midfield was out of sync and totally outplayed last time, in october if I remember correct.

Do you really think 35 year old xavi should start against isco, kroos and modric in 2015? I dont think so. Without busi it will be raki, masch and iniesta - is that a top notch midfield in your opinion?

Rusty? Modric? I hope so. I have seen players performed pretty well after some months out. Kroos burnt out? What do you mean. Isco had been reals best player this season.

I think we can win if the three up front deliever, but it will be a tough one. Pique must be outstanding again.
In October we were still adapting to what Lucho asks of the team...

Iniesta - Raki - Masch is a good midfield although Busi is a big loss. Of course they can compete with Kroos, Isco and Modric.

It was a long injury after all, he can be rusty, especially in such a high tempo game. Kroos looks dead tired, doesn't get any rest, Ancelotti is trying to kill him I guess. Isco best Real's player? Far from that.

Also, we don't need to win to keep the lead.

Your pessimism is ridiculous. You are trying too hard to prove we're not having a good season.

Home of Barca Fans