Lliga: Eibar - Barça 0-2

Bucky

Penya Member
433 of course. :lol:

:pep:

Does explain how they are every where and do look like they have far too many players on the pitch though lol

Indeed, I'd like to see Bartra & Piqué duo in CB, call me crazy but Bartra has had solid performances this year, I have faith.

Alves banned for Clasico?

Although Adriano... hmmm.

Midfield wise Xavi offers some control & possession, that is evident, watch him play. Xavi paired with Iniesta still works it was glorious to watch them again even if it was vs Rayo. Iniesta looked himself again too so that's a no brainer. Unsure of Masch in CDM... great defensively but just cause of that WC... I'm not 100% on sticking him in that role. Raki is great and all but would you choose Iniesta - Masch - Xavi or Iniesta - Raki - Xavi.

OR swap Xavi out for Raki and put Masch in CDM? That is going by if Busi isn't back obviously.

Gram for gram I cannot see RM's midfield stronger than ours. If Modric is back he will be rusty, that's a no brainer. Having not played in how long? He'll need much needed game time to get back up to speed especially against Barça. Kroos? Don't make me laugh. Isco? OK now you're taking the piss.

Isco or Rafinha? Rafinha.

Last edited:
Black sabbath man

Bartra/pique is too slow in my opinion. I wont say masch is very fast, but he is faster Than bartra. Mathieu is actually the best pairment for pique - if masch isnt starting. But bartra has been good though, it seems that enrique dosent really appreciate his performances.

Xavi should not start against kroos, modric and isco in 2015. He has become too slow. Give Him some minutes at the end if we have the upper hand.

Raki, masch and iniesta is the only Serious solution in my opinion.

Alves will most likely play.

Xavi the boss

Ronaldo has been absolutely awful for some months now and didnt really delieverin any of the big games - Barca/atletico home, atletico away. Hat trick on penalties against elche, and a lot of tap ins isnt sufficient to be theyre best player.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
:pep:

Does explain how they are every where and do look like they have far too many players on the pitch though lol

Indeed, I'd like to see Bartra & Piqué duo in CB, call me crazy but Bartra has had solid performances this year, I have faith.

Alves banned for Clasico?

Although Adriano... hmmm.

Midfield wise Xavi offers some control & possession, that is evident, watch him play. Xavi paired with Iniesta still works it was glorious to watch them again even if it was vs Rayo. Iniesta looked himself again too so that's a no brainer. Unsure of Masch in CDM... great defensively but just cause of that WC... I'm not 100% on sticking him in that role. Raki is great and all but would you choose Iniesta - Masch - Xavi or Iniesta - Raki - Xavi.

OR swap Xavi out for Raki and put Masch in CDM? That is going by if Busi isn't back obviously.

Gram for gram I cannot see RM's midfield stronger than ours. If Modric is back he will be rusty, that's a no brainer. Having not played in how long? He'll need much needed game time to get back up to speed especially against Barça. Kroos? Don't make me laugh. Isco? OK now you're taking the piss.

Isco or Rafinha? Rafinha.

Definitely Iniesta - Masch - Rakitic. Xavi just doesn't provide adequate defensive cover when facing the top teams.

Bucky

Penya Member
Bartra/pique is too slow in my opinion. I wont say masch is very fast, but he is faster Than bartra. Mathieu is actually the best pairment for pique - if masch isnt starting.

You're trolling me aren't you, come on, you're trolling :mathieu::vermaelen::pep:

Whilst I appreciate the Black Sabbath reference, my name isn't primarily orientated to the comic IRON MAN ;)

Maybe I should change my avatar...

Huh there's a random Q: Can you change usernames? i.e. a mod or admin able to do such a thing on request?

Definitely Iniesta - Masch - Rakitic. Xavi just doesn't provide adequate defensive cover when facing the top teams.

Your logic is faultless. Strongest line up possible. One v City. Again if Busi isn't back though.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

For me, the week of City/Real is our first major defining point. We've successfully made a balls of these points in the last 2-3 years.

Eibar are a poor side, and for me this team would be enough:

Bravo
Montoya Bartra Mathieu Adriano
Xavi Rakitic Rafinha
Pedro Messi Sandro (or Munir)

With Suarez, Neymar etc on the bench.

We really really need to not fuck up the week after this.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you would bench Neymar who missed the Rayo game and bench Suarez who missed the first 4 months of the season.

Mighty iron man

No trolling. Mathieu is a better option against real if masch is a no go.

He is fast, has physicality, and tackles well. Remember that he was our best defender until the real match/injury.

I like bartra, but he plays too seldom. Would be kind of a risk playing Him against top sides.

Anyways, based on enriques decisions this season bartra will at best be on the bench.

Gnidrologist

I still have a fresh memory of ''fast'' Mathieu losing in pace and doing reckless tackles to players of Valencia in the away game. He was lucky not to be sent off.

DinhoR10

Theres a difference between speed and acceleration, Ronaldo and Bale are faster than Messi but Messi accelerates faster than them so depending on the situation acceleration > speed.

Kohe321

There's also another factor. Messi runs with the ball inside his feet, Bale and Ronaldo both push it ahead of them inviting a duel (Bale more than Ronaldo). Messi seems extremely fast because if you are going to challenge him for the ball as he's running full throttle, you'll either succeed at pick-pocketing him or foul him. Very rarely is there a duel for the ball when Messi runs with it, which makes the speed he has extremely effective - he can use his top speed with almost complete control over the ball. It's pretty unique, but you can see Di Maria at his best and a few others share the same attribute, though not nearly as well as Messi.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans