Nabil Fekir

Messi983

1563795174_455285_1563803777_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

michelco

he did fail the medical with liverpool didnt he? they came out and said it was fake news but surely must have happened since not a single top 5 is interested any longer.

Messi983

Fekir has officially signed with Betis until 2023.

[tw]1153432036390121472[/tw]

According to OL's official statement transfer fee is 19,75M with 10M in add-ons and 20% of a profit from future sale.

Lyon will also get 50% of future sale of Nabil's younger brother Yassin Fekir (22) who is also part of the deal.

Barcilliant

Betis and Barca have a very good relationship after that shared Emerson purchase.

Abidal probably told Fekir if he does well he may have a chance to join Barca next year.

It's a smart move. Let's see how he performs. If he does well we'll probably sign him.

Calidad

I like Betis, but I feel it’s a strange move. Lyon are a better side. And Betis are likely to be losing their best players (Lo Ceslo, Firpo) shortly.

So he’s either crocked, or has fallen out with Lyon and Betis were the only suitors.

Newcomer

I like Betis, but I feel it’s a strange move. Lyon are a better side. And Betis are likely to be losing their best players (Lo Ceslo, Firpo) shortly.

So he’s either crocked, or has fallen out with Lyon and Betis were the only suitors.

There is the speculation Betis was the only club willing to sign his brother in a deal to get Nabil Fékir.

Messi983

I don't believe his brother would really be a deal-breaker if a CL club like Napoli would really like Nabil. His brother probably won't earn much and they could just sign and loan him to another club like Betis will do.

michelco

i think they're something permantently wrong with his knee that was found out during his liverpool medical and now betis is the only club willing to gamble on him. they only payed 20 ME for him, 10 ME in variables which directly or indirectly are linked to playing time. i mean there's prolly 30-40 clubs able to shell out 20 ME on a player with his quality, which begs the question why no better/bigger club than betis was willing to do that

Messi983

Well, he has played around 80 games in the last two seasons but maybe his knees are really a ticking bomb. I still think he would be worth a risk for bigger clubs for that low transfer fee and he's certainly worth it for Betis as well. If he stays healthy and has a good season they will probably get good offers next year and if not they willl gladly keep him.

I'm reading that he wanted to play in La Liga and of the interested clubs (Betis, Valencia, Sevilla) Betis offer was the best. It's understanable from that standpoint. He is their star signing and replacement for Lo Celso. Sevilla has already spent over 100 millions and while I think he would fit them well I don't think they would give him 3,5M net. And I don't see a spot for him in Valencia system. He would be the best used in Rodrigo's role but for that Rodrigo would have to be sold first and it doesn't seem they have good enough offers to consider selling him.

Barcilliant

I hope he does well.

I think it's pretty obvious his knee is what clubs were worried about. It must be a chronic issue otherwise Liverpool would have signed him.

I think Fekir is a Spurs level player. I'm surprised Spurs didn't try to sign him. They probably would have got him even cheaper.

Home of Barca Fans