Nabil Fekir

Xaviniesta

It looks like he can score from outside the box...

[youtube]NjqsV5hDKVI[/youtube]

The ball literally hit the bottom corner :lol:

M

MessiCam

I’m not a fan of these YouTube clips. Anybody can be made to look good in clip. I’d much rather watch them play.

That said, Fekir is a fantastic player. World Class actually. If it hadn’t been for his injury he’d be playing for a big team already.

Messi983

Saw some highlights (and liked it!) Looks like he plays same position as Messi. Same foot, cuts in, dribbling as his forte, solid finishing. Reckon he'd be a right forward.

Yeah, that's why I asked where he'd play if we'd sign him.

Riordon

Yeah, that's why I asked where he'd play if we'd sign him.

Its true he occupies the same areas on the pitch as Messi but he is also an attacking midfielder midfielder, not a CM.

Its really difficult to find a direct Iniesta replacement as he is a very rare player, not just in terms of quality but also playing style. He is basically a 10 with the positional awareness of a CM.

Not many players like that around. Wouldn't say Coutinho fits this criteria either. The closest is probably Eriksen. Pep is doing a great job helping De Bruyne developing these traits. Its also looked like he played the same position as Messi back in his Wolfburg days.

Its up to the technical department deciding if Fekir is able to play this role. Both him and Coutinho play way more offensive than Iniesta their clubs.

Last edited:

krakdol

I'm French and I know French players pretty well. In my opinion, Fekir is a good player but unlike Dembele, he's not Barcelona material. Just not good enough.

He always looked soft when they tried him in the National Team. He didn't provide any spark as a bench player either. He looks more like an Arsenal player. Wenger loves this kind of technically gifted but soft player.

Now he may get better, but I just don't see it. I would look elsewhere.

Xaviniesta

I'm French and I know French players pretty well. In my opinion, Fekir is a good player but unlike Dembele, he's not Barcelona material. Just not good enough.

He always looked soft when they tried him in the National Team. He didn't provide any spark as a bench player either. He looks more like an Arsenal player. Wenger loves this kind of technically gifted but soft player.

Now he may get better, but I just don't see it. I would look elsewhere.

Thanks for your insight :) What do you think of Lemar?

krakdol

Thanks for your insight :) What do you think of Lemar?

Lemar looks better and he could be special. He has more potential than Fekir.

He's still very young so the jury's still out on this one but he already brought a lot more than Fekir to the national team.

Great assists, great finishing, great at reading the game and probably a more competitive spirit than Fekir.

Lutece FC

I really like him. Would love to see him to sign for Barca. Maybe he won't be a regular starter, but he's very classy.

Home of Barca Fans