Nabil Fekir

Jombi

Suarez had already agreed to Barcelona and the fee was set.

His antics altered nothing other than making it more of a risk.

On the back of that he was the third most expensive player ever and much closer to the price of the most expensive players than Griezmann would be.

His fee was set? Give me a link to that.

You are the one who talk about risk and how bad it is. I am talking about luxury. Two different things. Taking risks is crucial. Griezmann is nowhere near the level of Suarez was, its ridiculous to suggest that.

JamDav1982

His fee was set? Give me a link to that.

You are the one who talk about risk. I am talking about luxury. Two different things. Griezmann is nowhere near the level of Suarez was, its ridiculous to suggest that.

Griezmann is nowhere near the cost in the market Suarez was either.

Barcelona had agreed to sign Suarez, it was his dream move and he wasnt interested in other clubs. The WC did nothing but increase the risk.

If you can show me a link to where other clubs were in the mix but scared of WC antics and left him to Barca I will show you a link.

Jombi

Griezmann is nowhere near the cost in the market Suarez was either.

Barcelona had agreed to sign Suarez, it was his dream move and he wasnt interested in other clubs. The WC did nothing but increase the risk.

If you can show me a link to where other clubs were in the mix but scared of WC antics and left him to Barca I will show you a link.

I'd like to see a link were they say the fee was set. Regardless, we are going way off on a tangent. Its not about risk. Signing 27 year olds for huge fees is a luxury, not necessarily very risky. You seem to rate Griezmann extremely highly.

JamDav1982

I'd like to see a link were they say the fee was set. Regardless, we are going way off on a tangent. Its not about risk. Signing 27 year olds for huge fees is a luxury, not necessarily very risky. You seem to rate Griezmann extremely highly.

I do rate Griezmann highly enough that he is worth 100m in this market. Just as I argued for the Suarez signing at the time so not comparing them as one bad one good.

Said I will show you a link to fee being set when you show me link to back up your claims his antics helped Barca sign him due to other clubs interest fading.

Last edited:

Jombi

I do rate Griezmann highly enough that he is worth 100m in this market. Just as I argued for the Suarez signing at the time so not comparing them as one bad one good.

Said I will show you a link to fee being set when you show me link to back up your claims his antics helped Barca sign him due to other clubs interest fading.

It all depends on his wage. If he is given a massive superstar wage on a fat 5 year contract, while we are unable to offload Suarez as well, we are severely weakening our ability to operate in the market going forward. Griezmann isnt likely to perform for more than 3 years IMO. Its definitely a luxury for a player who is good but not great.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It all depends on his wage. If he is given a massive superstar wage on a fat 5 year contract, while we are unable to offload Suarez as well, we are severely weakening our ability to operate in the market going forward. Griezmann isnt likely to perform for more than 3 years IMO. Its definitely a luxury.

What is a superstar wage?

Three years top level is decent and could easily get more than that.

Could spend 40/50m on an relatively unproven players and get no years top service in comparison.

Assuming you agree Barca need a creative mid and a striker who would you move for if not Coutinho and Griezmann?

Jombi

What is a superstar wage?

Three years top level is decent and could easily get more than that.

Could spend 40/50m on an relatively unproven players and get no years top service in comparison.

Assuming you agree Barca need a creative mid and a striker who would you move for if not Coutinho and Griezmann?

Superstar wage would be close to Suarez level. 3 decent years for 100m transfer fee+huge wage for 5 years and then zero sell-on value? Thats luxury. Is it luxury we can afford? Coutinho as well? First we have to make great efforts reducing our wage bill. Suarez is huge problem going forward. Not to mention our huge squad.

JamDav1982

Superstar wage would be close to Suarez level. 3 decent years for 100m transfer fee+huge wage for 5 years. Thats luxury. Is it luxury we can afford? Coutinho as well? First we have to make great efforts reducing our wage bill. Suarez is huge problem going forward. Not to mention our huge squad.

Dont think wages of around 200-250k a week are really all that high very soon. Top players going to be on much more than that. Already heading for the top top players being on closer to 500K+ a week.

Suarez is too high for his age though and said that at time.

You dont want him for 100m I do. Can see how that pans out if he signs but who would you sign in place of Griezmann and Coutinho?

Jombi

Dont think wages of around 200-250k a week are really all that high very soon. Top players going to be on much more than that. Already heading for the top top players being on closer to 500K+ a week.

Suarez is too high for his age though and said that at time.

You dont want him for 100m I do. Can see how that pans out if he signs but who would you sign in place of Griezmann and Coutinho?

It all depends on what we can afford. It would surprise me if we can afford Coutinho for 150m+100m Griezmann (+taxes on the release clause or negotiate a higher price) and give them both huge wages when we have Suarez and others already on the books. What happens with Suarez going forward? And our huge squad? Midfield in particular is a problem. Losing out on Naby Keita was a big blow.

Riordon

We need two quality midfielders while offloading Rakitic, Gomes, Rafinha and Arda. Possibly Denis Suarez as well. One of Coutinho/Eriksen/Fekir/Lemar + Jorginho while promoting Alena is what we should do. If Liverpool and Spurs demand absurd amount of money for Coutinho and Eriksen, we should get Fekir and Jorginho. Jorginho is a must. Would completely transform our midfield.

Unfortunately there is no rumours linking Jorginho to us.

Jombi

We need two quality midfielders while offloading Rakitic, Gomes, Rafinha and Arda. Possibly Denis Suarez as well. One of Coutinho/Eriksen/Fekir/Lemar + Jorginho while promoting Alena is what we should do. If Liverpool and Spurs demand absurd amount of money for Coutinho and Eriksen, we should get Fekir and Jorginho. Jorginho is a must. Would completely transform our midfield.

Unfortunately there is no rumours linking Jorginho to us.

I agree an overhaul is needed. Problem is our terrible record of offloading players. What happens if we cant get any decent money for the players while at the same time are stuck with many of the high wage-low quality players? It reduces our ability to act in the market. Hopefully, some opportunities open up for us in the market so we dont have to spend silly money on players that are not worth it.

Last edited:

Riordon

I agree an overhaul is needed. Problem is our terrible record of offloading players. What happens if we cant get any decent money for the players while at the same time are stuck with many of the high wage-low quality players? It reduces our ability to act in the market. Hopefully, some opportunities open up for us in the market so we dont have to spend silly money on players that are not worth it.

Doing our business, especially the sales over more windows would probably help. Starting from January. We have way too much garbage.

Rakitic should offloades next summer. Chelsea got 40m for Matic, no reason to keep Rakitic for 2-3 more seasons and let him go for peanuts.

JamDav1982

It all depends on what we can afford. It would surprise me if we can afford Coutinho for 150m+100m Griezmann (+taxes on the release clause or negotiate a higher price) and give them both huge wages when we have Suarez and others already on the books. What happens with Suarez going forward? And our huge squad? Midfield in particular is a problem. Losing out on Naby Keita was a big blow.

Clubs dont pay taxes on release clauses.

For value and quality balance who would you want Barca to sign instead of Coutinho and Griezmann?

Assuming Barca can afford to pay the 225m odd it would take to sign both or could go for cheaper 'better value' options who suit squad better going forward.

Last edited:

xXKonan

DOynbozW4AAESzl.jpg

Sport says we contacted Fekir.

Home of Barca Fans