Following Barca away, is it even possible?

VivaBarcelona

Hi folks, still missing Barca best city in the World! The Barca fans were superb in Manchester so just thought I'd ask you re membership mate, how does it work for someone like me living in the UK and English? Do you get tickets posted to UK if I got a ticket for an english club away in champions league or do you have to collect and how much is membership normally and does it guarantee you tickets for any home game including el clasico and does it help you get tickets for champions league final?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hi folks, still missing Barca best city in the World! The Barca fans were superb in Manchester so just thought I'd ask you re membership mate, how does it work for someone like me living in the UK and English? Do you get tickets posted to UK if I got a ticket for an english club away in champions league or do you have to collect and how much is membership normally and does it guarantee you tickets for any home game including el clasico and does it help you get tickets for champions league final?

The membership rules were changed when Sandro Rosell was elected as President in 2010 so you should read this thread first about how it is now: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11872-How-to-become-a-member

Also you get tickets in your email which you can print out and bring to the stadium.

For away games and CL finals you'll have to apply for tickets(only members can apply) and if you're lucky you're among the ones who are able to buy a ticket through FC Barcelona and likewise for home games with big demand like El Clasico. Members are able to buy tickets first and its basically first come first service if I'm not wrong.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
So are you looking to become a member? If you are then you have to get the commitment card and travel to BCN to renew it for 3 consecutive years. We have a thread on it somewhere (Think its in the General section)

Edit: DonAKs post explains it better than mine :D

VivaBarcelona

Sounds like unless you know a fellow member related to you you can't be a member and apply for tickets, has it ever been a case of just going onto the barca site and becoming a member or always difficult? Live in UK and would love to become a member and follow Barca away in Europe but living in UK obtaining away tickets would be difficult as Barca wouldn't post and can you be a member if English?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Tell me about it. :(

Unfortunately the only way you can become a member is the commitment card.

F

Flavia

Sounds like unless you know a fellow member related to you you can't be a member and apply for tickets, has it ever been a case of just going onto the barca site and becoming a member or always difficult? Live in UK and would love to become a member and follow Barca away in Europe but living in UK obtaining away tickets would be difficult as Barca wouldn't post and can you be a member if English?

Ofc you can. There's everything explained here: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11872-How-to-become-a-member

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Yes, currently it works that way ever since Sandro Rosell changed the criterias for club membership. Previously everyone could be a member whenever they wanted, but ever since Rosell was elected, it has been this way. Hopefully whoever wins the elections in Summer will decide to make it easier.

It doesn't matter whether you're English, Catalan, Spanish, Norwegian, Japanese, Mongolian, you can become a member, but currently it's very difficult to do so unless you fulfill those criterias which most people would fail to do.

Kerrybai

Sites like viagogo always have tickets for games.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
My wife and I will be in Barcelona to catch our home game against Getafe on April 29th which I already bought tickets for; however, I am trying to buy tickets for our away game against Espnayol on April 26th but to no avail. Both the Espanyol official site and Ticketmaster.es specify that the tickets are for Espanyol members only at this time.

Does anybody know if they will be opening it up to general public to purchase later? And does it matter where we sit? Do we have to sit in the away fan's section or not? I will be wearing my Barca jersey, of course.

Bucky

Penya Member
Looks like everyone's answered it, but you could always join a supporters club in the UK.

^Lucky you Luftstalag, we were going on April 29th for the Getafe game but my wife just massively flaked on the plans and I'm contemplating going on my own to the match v Almeria. However for one night stay with flights, food etc considered it's looking to cost me our recent visit of an entire 5 days, so a massive bitter pill to swallow for just the 2 =(

Being a Barça fan is expensive business! :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Looks like everyone's answered it, but you could always join a supporters club in the UK.

^Lucky you Luftstalag, we were going on April 29th for the Getafe game but my wife just massively flaked on the plans and I'm contemplating going on my own to the match v Almeria. However for one night stay with flights, food etc considered it's looking to cost me our recent visit of an entire 5 days, so a massive bitter pill to swallow for just the 2 =(

Being a Barça fan is expensive business! :lol:

Haha, no kidding. That's OK, it is worth it. ;)

If I have the time and money to visit Barcelona every year for three years, I'd be applying for the commitment card and then the membership. It is my dream to become a member.

Bucky

Penya Member
Definitely, nothing like seeing Barça in the flesh. The Camp Nou is worth it alone and cannot wait until the Nou Espai Barça.

Join you on that though, I've put the idea across to visit Barcelona every year for the annual holiday to the Mrs as she loves it too and so much to see. Already made plans for when we have kids :lol: Bringing them up to be Barça fans obviously too!

Yup, ultimate goal to become a member but for now I'm considering joining the UK Penya. Although that's expensive on it's own to travel down there but the benefit is joining UK Barça fans & potentially going to games in the UK to show our support. It's pretty awesome around the Camp Nou all around the ground outside you can see all the different Penyas.

Kerrybai

My wife and I will be in Barcelona to catch our home game against Getafe on April 29th which I already bought tickets for; however, I am trying to buy tickets for our away game against Espnayol on April 26th but to no avail. Both the Espanyol official site and Ticketmaster.es specify that the tickets are for Espanyol members only at this time.

Does anybody know if they will be opening it up to general public to purchase later? And does it matter where we sit? Do we have to sit in the away fan's section or not? I will be wearing my Barca jersey, of course.

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/Spanish-Premier-League/Espanyol-Tickets/E-676576 tickets here

Also the stadium was not full last year so maybe u could buy tickets on the day? As for the jersey if you are worried just put a coat over it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/Spanish-Premier-League/Espanyol-Tickets/E-676576 tickets here

Also the stadium was not full last year so maybe u could buy tickets on the day? As for the jersey if you are worried just put a coat over it.

Thanks Kerry, I am going to keep checking on the ticketmaster.es site, I don't want to pay the prices viagogo asks for, way too much in my opinion.

I don't think anybody would attack me if I openly wear my Barca jersey, right? After all this is in Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans