Lliga: Barca - Rayo 6-1

slvtn

If you wanna watch Barca games in a live stream, I suggest www.laola1.tv
It's an Austrian broadcaster and they bough La Liga rights, so you can stream every League and Copa match. I'm not sure if it's available outside of the German speaking countries, but it's worth a try.

J

Jamie Cal

I can't see the treble happening although I do think that we are amongst the top 3 teams to win the CL.

I think the double looks very realistic at this point though.

in regards to the CL, I see it as 5 teams that you wouldn't be surprised to see win it (Atleti, us, Bayern, Real, Chelski), and everyone after that would be an upset. I do give us a good chance, though I would worry how we'd do against Chelsea and their demonic ways.

raskolnikov

We wouldnt be favoured h2h against Real,Bayern, Chelsea in my opinion.
Lets hope they draw each other or go out soon, we deserve a team like Basel/Porto/Monaco or Bayer Leverkussen if we go trough against City.
When we get in the semi's and start facing one of thek then anything can happen.

Last edited:
L

linetty

I think you're underrating what we can do, honestly I watched both Bayern and Chelsea this season and they always looked far from convincing. Chelsea was inferior in 2 games against Spurs (they had to line up 5 defenders to containt Harry Kane...) and Liverpool bossed em around. Bayern is just passing it sideways, something like Barca under Tata and I think we could give away possession H2H against them and hit them hard on the counter. Real is burnt out and if Carlo sticks to the 433 they might be in for a little suprise.

raskolnikov

Yes but as our games showed, we cant do fuck all against a parked bus unless Messi steps up, facing Chelsea would be Malaga x5. We havent proven we can beat Real so far therefore currently they should be favoured h2h in two games when they are at full force.
And Bayern have a wider squad and of course Pep who knows our players inside out.

L

linetty

Yes but as our games showed, we cant do fuck all against a parked bus unless Messi steps up, facing Chelsea would be Malaga x5.
No, it wouldn't. Liga games and CL games are absolutely incomparable.

We havent proven we can beat Real so far therefore currently they should be favoured h2h in two games when they are at full force.
No, we haven't, but the form they're in indicates it would be more of a 50-50 than anything in favour of Real Madrid.

And Bayern have a wider squad and of course Pep who knows our players inside out.
Pep knows shit. We play way different than what he adjusted back in the day. He don't know life outside of having a shitload of possession.

raskolnikov

No, it wouldn't. Liga games and CL games are absolutely incomparable.
A parked bus is a parked bus and with Chelsea's players, Mourinho as a coach and Courtois between the posts it will be even harder.

No, we haven't, but the form they're in indicates it would be more of a 50-50 than anything in favour of Real Madrid
Right now it would, but come april when they have James,Ramos and Modric all fit and with a bit of winning streak it will be different, I favour Real 60/40 h2h over 2 games in a potential cl clash at the moment, lets see what happens on march 22 first.

Pep knows shit. We play way different than what he adjusted back in the day. He don't know life outside of having a shitload of possession.
He knows how all the players think/play, thats a huge advantage for him and allows him to easily set up a good tactic against us.
He would struggle more against Chelsea and Real than against Barca.

All in all we are the fourth favourite to win the whole thing imo, can we win it? most definitely, will we? probably not but we can be optimistic about our chances even when we arent h2h favourites against some opponents.
For now I would be very happy with a domestic double.

Gaudi

Chelsea was outplayed completly by PSG, we can beat them as well as others but there are no clear favourites in those matches.

L

linetty

He knows how all the players think/play, thats a huge advantage for him and allows him to easily set up a good tactic against us.
He would struggle more against Chelsea and Real than against Barca.

All in all we are the fourth favourite to win the whole thing imo, can we win it? most definitely, will we? probably not but we can be optimistic about our chances even when we arent h2h favourites against some opponents.
For now I would be very happy with a domestic double.
Messi is too unpredictable (even for Pep). Guardiola also knows nothing about Neymar, Suarez or Rakitić. It's impossible to set up tactically perfectly against MSN because you never know what they're gonna do next & they also switch positions often. Parking a perfect, tight bus is the only thing you can do & this season even Atleti's boeing couldn't handle MSN.

While Chelsea and Madrid seemed to have had a great start to the season, now it's Barca that's on fire and they look a little like burning out. Of course anything can happen in CL, that's the beauty of this tournament, but I think we have great chances this year.

BBZ8800

I am afraid only of Bayern.
I think that they would knock us out, either 3:0, or on some unlucky Goals.

I would want to avoid only them (both in QF, Sf and in a final).

Imo, with all other teams we are 60:40 or 50:50, in worst case scenario.

So, if someone else knocks out Bayern, we can win the CL.
I don't think that we can knock out Bayern, by ourselves.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Shaktar have got them running for the hills :pep:

J

Jamie Cal

Chelsea was outplayed completly by PSG, we can beat them as well as others but there are no clear favourites in those matches.

Yeah, but it's Mourinho away from home in the Champions League with an away goal. Not indicative of a bad Chelsea team. Their negative tactics could hurt us, but I feel good about our chances now that we've got El Pistolero in our ranks.

L

linetty

Yeah, but it's Mourinho away from home in the Champions League with an away goal. Not indicative of a bad Chelsea team. Their negative tactics could hurt us, but I feel good about our chances now that we've got El Pistolero in our ranks.
Indeed, Luisito knows how to deal with English teams. :suarez:

vlad

bayern at this moment is really boring to watch, i think they will suffer against teams like chelsea, atletico or real, barca can hurt them too with direct play, i would not put them as a favorites for UCL.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Let's just take one game at the time. Eibar could be tricky: away game, Alba and Dani Alves won't play, Mascherano got his 4th yellow, so he probably won't play as well and it's just before City game, so players' could be not concentrated like against Malaga.

Home of Barca Fans