Busquets injury confirmed

F

Flavia

Busquets out of Rayo game

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
03/05/2015 11:15

Tests on Thursday morning conformed Busquets' ankle injury will rule him out of Sunday's game

2015-03-04_VILLARREAL-BARCELONA_16.v1425551230.JPG

Club doctors confirmed that Sergi Busquets’ ankle injury picked up in the game against Villarreal on Wednesday will rule him out of this Sunday’s league clash with Rayo at the Camp Nou and that his availability beyond that will be carefully monitored.

Replaced by Mathieu

Busquets’ injury happened on 39 minutes in the build up to Villarreal’s equaliser when he clashed with Pina as they both challenged for a ball in midfield. Busquets was stretchered off and replaced by Mathieu.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, we all knew that. Everyone want to know for how long he'll be out. This is like Pique's injury last season. "Pique will be out for the next game, his recovery will be closely monitored". Ended up being away for long.

L

linetty

Maybe we could use Rakitic as DM? I don't want Mathieu to start against City...for obvious reasons

Wasn't it Iniesta-Xavi-Rakitic for a while yesterday, with Rakitic being DM?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Maybe we could use Rakitic as DM? I don't want Mathieu to start against City...for obvious reasons

Yes. But my bet is LE will use Mathieu.

vlad

no no no, im from croatia, and our national team coach niko kovac sometimes put rakitic as a DM, i doesn´t suit him at all, he looks awful on that position against team like Cameroon, so believe me you dont want see him there against real. I hope that busi recover before that match, if not, then there is masche or sergi samper from barca b

Mido

I know this might sound crazy, but why not let Samper start against Rayo Vallecano ? He seems to have a great potential to me. He's already ahead of Sergi Roberto iny my opinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
no no no, im from croatia, and our national team coach niko kovac sometimes put rakitic as a DM, i doesn´t suit him at all, he looks awful on that position against team like Cameroon, so believe me you dont want see him there against real. I hope that busi recover before that match, if not, then there is masche or sergi samper from barca b

I agree you with you Vlad. Putting Raki on CDM would be a waste of his abilities and form.

Mido

---Neymar-----Suarez---------Messi

---Iniesta-----------------------Rakitic

-----------Xavi----------Mascherano--

---Mathieu--------Piqué----------Alves

------------------Bravo-----------------

That would, of course, imply using different tactics : something similar to what Guardiola does at Bayern Munich.

( And for the Xavi skeptics ( and also haters) he wouldn't play as a DM like Mascherano, so don't worry, he will not suffocate at the 30th minute...)

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Would you care to elaborate on that team because it looks like a shambles. 1 CB? Really?

Home of Barca Fans