Penya Blaugrana...

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
If you guys are seriously considering taking the train to Barcelona, book your tickets NOW. I bought my two first class tickets from Madrid to Barcelona from the Renfe website, I was able to get the discount, so all in all less than 100 euros for two first class high-speed train tickets!

Nice.

No I wasn't planning on doing it myself (at the moment ;) ), I was just giving some info to Bucky.

Edit: Like KingMessi said, I wouldn't be able to afford it ATM.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: I wish. Being the broke college student that I am, I can't afford to go to Europe. :lol:

Well, I am just way too old compared to most of you here. Don't worry, you will have your chance, you've got so many years ahead of you! ;)

But seriously, this is the perfect time to go to Europe right now as Euro hits the historical low. Just stop partying so much, cut the drinks an stuff and save up some money to go to Europe! :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nice.

No I wasn't planning on doing it myself (at the moment ;) ), I was just giving some info to Bucky.

Edit: Like KingMessi said, I wouldn't be able to afford it ATM.

I'd rather be young like you guys than being able to afford to go to Barcelona. :(

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, I am just way too old compared to most of you here. Don't worry, you will have your chance, you've got so many years ahead of you! ;)

But seriously, this is the perfect time to go to Europe right now as Euro hits the historical low. Just stop partying so much, cut the drinks an stuff and save up some money to go to Europe! :p

:lol:

I plan to go on a study abroad to Germany/Spain. So maybe then.

pacp_96

Sad thing is that I don't spend any money on that sort of stuff either. If I can get enough money together I'm hoping to be able to become a Socio at some point (that will be a long way into the future though).

I

instinct

:lol: I wish. Being the broke college student that I am, I can't afford to go to Europe. :lol:

hahaha-ha-ha.gif

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Sad thing is that I don't spend any money on that sort of stuff either. If I can get enough money together I'm hoping to be able to become a Socio at some point (that will be a long way into the future though).

Same.

Institutions here just bleed you dry when it comes to money.

Andrew M

Worst since before the recession anyway

Bucky

Penya Member
Yeah you could look into going by train. Always thought that might be a cool idea and I plan to do it one day. You would take Eurostar to Paris and then high speed train from Paris to BCN. Heres a link that I used to read about it:

http://www.seat61.com/Paris-to-Barcelona-by-TGV-train.htm#.VP6tzrlyZdg

Looks like it would be an awesome day going like that. No airports and you get to see views across the length of France, the Pyrenees and Catalunya. :worthy:

Nice one pacp, I was actually talking about train to London :lol:

That is a great idea though so may try and convince the Mrs to go with in April if it's cheaper as flights are about £70-£80 at the moment EACH way :banghead:

I'll give it a look and see if it's possible. Wow, would be cool!! Ha, feel like Sheldon - except not nearly as smart luuul And yes the Euro is ridiculous right now!! £1 is €1.4, that's crazy, in Feb it was 1.34, damn, going to go get some Euro's and get my spending money sorted :p

Also anyone in the Birmingham or West Midlands area check out FC Barcelona Birmingham Supporters group, word from the group leader is he's going to try organise a meet up for the El Clasico match.

Although going to the Penya in London might be a good idea... hmmm...

Last edited:

pacp_96

Oh OK :lol:

That train does look awesome though. :worthy:

If its cheaper than the flights then why not. Then you can give me a first hand review of the experience so I can decide if its worth it. :keita:

Last edited:

Bucky

Penya Member
Haha will do, if all goes to plan :tito:

***EDIT!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOW!

Nope.

Train is reserved for those like Sheldon only lol

I've just got as far as getting the train from B'ham International > London > Eurostar to Paris.

The outbound is looking to cost about £107.50 so £215 for 2 people. Inbound so the return ticket, would then bring the total to about the same cost as a RETURN journey by plane.

Great for taking in the sights and all but oh damn, time + cost is definitely "travelling by style to Barcelona" but I rather go old back o' the airbus.

That's all before getting the train from Paris to Barcelona too :smiley_scared:

With the connecting train at Paris you might just about make it before the game the same day if it's played on the evening. From here to Barcelona by train you're looking around an approx time of 6-8hours. Think it said about 4 or 5 hours from Paris to Barcelona? Then it's just over an hour to London from B'ham and London to Paris is just over 2hrs.

Sweatyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans