What are your top 5 players in the world?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Because

Stop it with the top 5 discussion please.

Mine

Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar
Lahm
Neuer/Suarez/Aguero/Robben

Can't decide on the last one, top 4 locked in though :lol:

Last edited:
L

linetty

It's really hard to do this without undermining any player.

Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar
Robben
Hazard (a lot of players could be here like Suarez or Modrić but picking Hazard is probably my personal preference).

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'm curious, are you guys all including only attacking players or do you guys not rate Lahm/Neuer? I'm personally not a huge fan of Neuer, but I had the impression most people here thought he was far and away the best GK in the world

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I'm curious, are you guys all including only attacking players or do you guys not rate Lahm/Neuer? I'm personally not a huge fan of Neuer, but I had the impression most people here thought he was far and away the best GK in the world

I'm just going with attackers for this list. Would do another list to compare the best defensive players.

EdmondDantes

I would go with:

Messi
Ronaldo (despite his slump and over a dozen penalties)
Neymar
.................................................. .................
(a noticeable step down from the first three)
Robben
Neuer

L

linetty

I just naturally went only with attacking players. It gets way too complicated when you want to compare both defensive and attacking players, in my opinion. Your list looks good though, Semi.

raskolnikov

At this moment

Messi
Robben
Neymar'
Ronaldo
Hazard

If Ronaldo can get back to his ballon dor motivation form he can get back to number 2, of he keeps this up he will drop out of the top 5 by the end of the season for sure.
Attacking players are usually rated higher since its more difficult to act than react. Goalkeepers are difficult to add since its completely different.

I

instinct

I would go with:

Messi
Ronaldo (despite his slump and over a dozen penalties)
Neymar
(a noticeable step down from the first three)
Robben
Neuer

Why do you think that Robben is so far away from Neymar? The latter is even better in my honest opinion.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Few years back i would have included xavi and iniesta but at present i can not pick a single player who is in top 5 right now. Hazard, Modric, Lahm, Neur and Godin could complete my top 10. Di Maria, Sanchez, Aguero and Cesc have the quality to be in top 10 easily but their consistency is a big problem and aguero is just because of his injuries. If he plays more i would easily place him in top 7. There are many players to be considered but these come to mind when i think who is my top 10 right now. Top 5 is tough, but top 10 is tougher to decide.

Messi
Ronaldo
Robben
Neymar
Suarez

I would remove suarez if he continues like this and replace him with Hazard.

Home of Barca Fans