Lliga: Barca - Malaga 0-1

mssarm

Madrid just got a boost by looking at this result. They smell blood.

They have by far the easiest matches left if you compare to Barca's. I really don't think they'll lose or draw more matches (other than maybe the Clásico).
Enough of this doom and gloom. We are still in February and only 4 points behind. My real concern is if the previous 11 games were due to momentum, which is slowing down. If that's the case we are screwed. If it's just a bump on the road - not a big deal- we still have our chances in ligue. City game should give us a clue.

PhilS

This was a game where I was looking for 3 Barca subs at the half.

The Malaga keeper deserves a lot of credit for giving Alves the chance to go wrong. A team like Malaga will have very few chances against Barca, the keeper providing one is job well done.

Barca will give up some goals, the defense is predicated on single players not messing up, even the best will mess up every once in a while. Being shut out by Malaga should never happen, the offense lost this game.

No more rest for Masch the rest of the year. Since Alves is going to leave, the time to play him less is now, let's see Adriano or Masch in that position. More players have to shoot, and hit the target. Maybe Pedro should be replaced now by a youngster.

Barca is not out of La Liga, neither RM nor Atletico are looking unbeatable, either.

BarcaGirl

Barcelona made 48 crosses against Malaga today, more than in any other Liga game since 2005/06 season #fcblive [via opta]

dear god ...

raskolnikov

48 crosses with 0 leading to real chances, we lack aerial ability, therefore fail against busses, other teams just keep crossing till a player heads one in, or should from distance which we bar Rakitic also cant do.

L

linetty

Well, that winning streak was bound to end sometime. It came in a poor manner and situation though. Hate these matches when we're so hopeless, it was painful to watch. Extremely disappointing performance by Messi as well, funny how he decided to turn shit overnight, how is it possible to have such a bad game while you're absolutely on fire the past weeks? Anyway, I hope he gets shit together for CL because we probably lost La Liga today and I don't wanna to lose Champions Leauge as well in a span of a few days. Ah, and regarding Alves, I see he's on the right path to a renewal!!

JamDav1982

48 crosses with 0 leading to real chances, we lack aerial ability, therefore fail against busses, other teams just keep crossing till a player heads one in, or should from distance which we bar Rakitic also cant do.

Or Barca lacked and creativity whatsoever through midfield and kept going wide to try and open Malaga up.

F

Flavia

Barcelona made 48 crosses against Malaga today, more than in any other Liga game since 2005/06 season #fcblive [via opta]

dear god ...

48 wasted crosses. Alves and Alba are terrible crossers. Both.

Leo_Messi

48 wasted crosses. Alves and Alba are terrible crossers. Both.

Not surprising when 95% of all their crosses are high crosses and not flat and precise crosses. Their crosses really baffle my mind considering the fact that we don't have a single good header in the attack.

L

linetty

Obviously a game to forget but I've never seen a team that well organized, absolutely error free performance for this Malaga side. It was incredible how they closed up the space, was more impressed than whenever I watched Atleti. I don't think we should cry over this game. I reckon it was just an off day, Messi was probably overwhelmed by all this shit that happend to Antonella's parents, the luck wasn't on our side and the refs didn't help either... I think we will come back even stronger as after the Anoeta defeat. It might turn out a good thing in the end, the players won't 'rest on laurels' because they'll have to work their ass off to get their and the fans' confidence back.

JamDav1982

Not surprising when 95% of all their crosses are high crosses and not flat and precise crosses. Their crosses really baffle my mind considering the fact that we don't have a single good header in the attack.

Alba almost always hits his crosses low and finds the first man.

Alves on the other hand over hits his.

I would guess both are hit in a way as they know there are not any real aerial targets. Alba tries to cut his back Alves tried to whip them in too hard.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alves and Dinorah can f... off. Same goes for Iniesta who needs a cane these days and Busquets who's browsing what others are doing.
I can't blame Messi, in few odd games per season he's gonna have a bad game but that's why we have 90 million Neymar and Suárez. Where the hell were they? Former worried more about his haircut and latter is just missing in action.

brockg777

Nothing has been decided. We got that loss out of the way, back to another 11 wins.:p Anyway, the league is not lost yet, for now we have to focus on city.

klc123

I would guess both are hit in a way as they know there are not any real aerial targets. Alba tries to cut his back Alves tried to whip them in too hard.

I've stopped being surprised by alves. He is one of the worst crossers of the ball I've ever seen. The amount of times he just loops it into the middle with loads of height and no pace is astounding. Even lewandowski would struggle to score with that service.

Kohe321

Yeah, Alba hitting the balls straight into the defenders feet is becoming just as frustrating as Alves and his overhit crosses that go out of play.

Alba should be working on looking up to get an overview and hit accurate crosses each and every day in training. He's so fast and works so hard that he gets into these positions where he can whip it in way too often to be this terrible at delivering them.

F

Flavia

4 losses in la liga already. Too much, since it became a 100 point league.

Home of Barca Fans