Barca can buy players this summer, says Fifa

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona can still sign new players this year as long as they are not registered before January 2016, FIFA have confirmed to Sky Sports News HQ.

Catalan club was banned for 14 months from registering new players in April 2014, after being found guilty of breaking the governing body’s rules on the transfer of players aged under 18.

luis-suarez-barcelona-press-andoni-zubizarreta_3192858.jpg

Barcelona’s appeal was rejected in August but appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) allowed Barca to make a raft of big-money signings before the summer transfer window closed.

However, after CAS also dismissed Barca’s appeal in December, it was believed the club would not be allowed to make any new purchases this year.

Spanish sports daily Mundo Deportivo reported at the weekend that Barcelona were interested in signing both Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata and Porto right-back Danilo for next season.

FIFA say, although it would go against the spirit of the ruling, there is nothing to stop the Catalans from talking to potential targets or clubs - or even purchasing players - this summer as long as those new recruits are not registered before January 2016.

Kohe321

So if we buy a player but have to wait with registering him, is he allowed to train with the team sort of like Suarez did? How does this work?

dakt

Ok, time for Kovacic. Pull him out of that misery of the club. :)

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Ok, time for Kovacic. Pull him out of that misery of the club. :)

Still unproven on the highest level.
He has some random good games and random awesome moves, but he is constantly hot and cold.
Plus, he still doesn't make any bigger impact on matches, even though he has a potential to do that.
He needs to take more responsibility and be active in more actions.

Also, in NT team, he is always very average/poor.
He has a very high footballing IQ, but he has to improve in other factors to be a Barca's level.

Even though, I would take him over Halil+Adama+Deulo at any moment.

Last edited:
L

linetty

'Unproven at the highest level' must be one of the most bullshit arguments. BBZ, you're bombing every young player.

BBZ8800

'Unproven at the highest level' must be one of the most bullshit arguments. BBZ, you're bombing every young player.

We are Barca, best team in the world.
In Inter, club "weaker" than Barca, he was good, but hot and cold, and not ready for Barca yet.
In Croatian NT, people always have high expectations from him, but he extremely rarely delivers anything, for now.

With that logic, that you need to give him a chance, we should buy 20 younger players each Season, and see how will they develop.
But we don't have enough of money, or time to "test" 10-20 young players per Season.

There are some players out there who are already developed and with whom you know what you are "buying".
What you see is what you get.
Kovacic is an enigma for now.
He could end up as Isco, but he could end up as Illaramendi or Song, also.

That was my point.
If we have enough money/time to "test" players, then ok.
If you need results right now, then he is a very risky deal.

But we already have Samper, Rafinha, Denis Suarez on similar positions.
New young player in Barca means less chances for Samper, Rafinha, Suarez.

Last edited:
L

linetty

We are Barca, best team in the world.
In Inter, club "weaker" than Barca, he was good, but hot and cold, and not ready for Barca yet.
In Croatian NT, people always have high expectations from him, but he extremely rarely delivers anything, for now.

With that logic, that you need to give him a chance, we should buy 20 younger players each Season, and see how will they develop.
But we don't have enough of money, or time to "test" 10-20 young players per Season.
Firstly, Isco was also hot and cold at Malaga and now he's great at RM. Not saying we should buy Kovacic at all costs but there's not many talents out there as good as him.

And, no, we shouldn't buy 20 young players per season. Don't know how you came up with that. But if we are to sign Juan Mata or Eriksen from Spuds then I prefer 'risky' Kovacic.

I prefer to take the risk and maybe fail than to deal with mediocre players.

Kohe321

You're both right in a way. This is why good scouts and a good sporting director is extremely important, to sift out the talents who are being held back by their current team, and who can explode if given a better enviroment to grow, and those who mostly stagnate and never reach the next level.

This Kovacic guy, I have no idea. Real Madrid certainly hit the jackpot with Isco.

F

Flavia

So if we buy a player but have to wait with registering him, is he allowed to train with the team sort of like Suarez did? How does this work?

Yes, he'd be allowed to train. I don't think nothing could prevent that. Valdes trained a bit with Man U, before signing for them.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Still unproven on the highest level.
He has some random good games and random awesome moves, but he is constantly hot and cold.
Plus, he still doesn't make any bigger impact on matches, even though he has a potential to do that.
He needs to take more responsibility and be active in more actions.

Also, in NT team, he is always very average/poor.
He has a very high footballing IQ, but he has to improve in other factors to be a Barca's level.

Even though, I would take him over Halil+Adama+Deulo at any moment.

I quite agree. I love Kovacic and all and he's very talented, but still has a long to go. He's been poor in the past matches and Mancini rightfully benched him. But he's most likely gonna start against Celtic this Thursday.

XaviMessiGirl

It will be interesting to see how we handle it. Will players move immediately and train but not play with us for half a season, or will we agree to loan them back until January? I guess it depends on which clubs the players come from because of the potential to be cup-tied, etc. And if they trained with us it would allow them to already be integrated in the team by the time January rolls around, as well as time to learn the language if needed, but they could also be rusty from not having played in a competitive match for months.

Home of Barca Fans