Barca can buy players this summer, says Fifa

DrPepper

Our first signing should be a RB (Danilo/Darmian/Bellerin) and then Verratti is a must. We should do anything to bring him here.

No love for Gündogan here :(

IMO the more complete player considering we're playing more quick counter attacks. In a pure possession based style Verratti is probably a bit better though.

With PSG so tough to deal with, we could probably even get Gündogan + Kovacic for the same amount of money as Verratti.

L

linetty

No love for Gündogan here :(

IMO the more complete player considering we're playing more quick counter attacks. In a pure possession based style Verratti is probably a bit better though.

With PSG so tough to deal with, we could probably even get Gündogan + Kovacic for the same amount of money as Verratti.
There's rumours Alves might be on his way out to PSG so maybe we could be able to snatch Marco on a little discount... :pep:

Btw I'm not sure if Gundogan is the same after the injury, that's why I'm not mentioning his name.

frog-fcb

There's rumours Alves might be on his way out to PSG so maybe we could be able to snatch Marco on a little discount... :pep:

Btw I'm not sure if Gundogan is the same after the injury, that's why I'm not mentioning his name.

Dani would prob go there on a free transfer at end of his contract so i cant see us getting any discount

frog-fcb

Also will we have much money to spend this summer after the amount we spent last year we will have to stay within the FFP boundaries

khaled_a_d

Also will we have much money to spend this summer after the amount we spent last year we will have to stay within the FFP boundaries

We have spent 67M IIRC once we subtract the money we got from selling players ,If one of the top 4 richest clubs in the world can't spend 67M and be within the FFP I don't know who is .

frog-fcb

Going by soccerbase we spent 118 million an brought in 33 million so.thats about 85 million

Edit these figures dont include the cesc an rakitic deals

ATM, our biggest weakness is our midfield, and the CM position our weakest link. So Gundogan should be our top priority signing, IMO. With him we'll be able to field a double-pivot that can alternate between our current high-tempo style and our old possession game; while still providing greater cover for our defense. And since Dortmund is unlikely to get a CL spot for next season, it should be a win-win situation for both clubs since they would get to have for an extra half a season without being cup tied.

Kohe321

ATM, our biggest weakness is our midfield, and the CM position our weakest link. So Gundogan should be our top priority signing, IMO. With him we'll be able to field a double-pivot that can alternate between our current high-tempo style and our old possession game; while still providing greater cover for our defense. And since Dortmund is unlikely to get a CL spot for next season, it should be a win-win situation for both clubs since they would get to have for an extra half a season without being cup tied.

While I disagree that our biggest weakness is the midfield position (we're weakest at RB), I completely agree about going after Gundogan this summer. As you say, he's unlikely to become cup-tied next season, and if he is planning to leave this summer anyway, Dortmund could enjoy him for half a season longer before he moves to Barcelona if they reach this agreement with us. I think this would place us in a better negotiating position than other clubs, especially if they were to get relegated (something I really, really hope they don't get), it would be good for them to have him for the first half of the season while still having concluded a transfer.

I haven't followed Dortmund too closely this season, does anyone know what the status of Gundogan is right now, has he said anything about wanting to stay?

Last edited:

serghei

A right back and a CM are all we need. I don't even think we need CBs, very few solution on the market in that area anyway. We will have 5 CBs once Vermaelen returns from injury. That's enough. Also, we need to resign Alves for two more seasons and keep Pedro at all costs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A right back and a CM are all we need. I don't even think we need CBs, very few solution on the market in that area anyway. We will have 5 CBs once Vermaelen returns from injury. That's enough. Also, we need to resign Alves for two more seasons and keep Pedro at all costs.

Don't think Vermaelen has a long future at Barcelona, Mathieu might not stay here for more than 2 seasons either. Sooner or later we'll have to sign someone.

khaled_a_d

Don't think Vermaelen has a long future at Barcelona, Mathieu might not stay here for more than 2 seasons either. Sooner or later we'll have to sign someone.

The players we should try to get this summer to play in Jan 2016 should be the top priority positions .I think we are set enough for next year in CB .
tbh RB might be the only urgent position

Home of Barca Fans