Barca can buy players this summer, says Fifa

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It will be interesting to see how we handle it. Will players move immediately and train but not play with us for half a season, or will we agree to loan them back until January? I guess it depends on which clubs the players come from because of the potential to be cup-tied, etc. And if they trained with us it would allow them to already be integrated in the team by the time January rolls around, as well as time to learn the language if needed, but they could also be rusty from not having played in a competitive match for months.

We can't loan players unless they are registered to us. What we can do is make an agreement (a binding contract) this summer to complete the transfer of the player in the winter transfer window.

PhilS

Any purchase this summer to join the team next winter would surely be combined with the player being loaned out for the first half of next season. No way either Barca or any player of this magnitude would agree to not playing at all for half of a season.

No, it would not be like Suarez. Suarez was banned from playing anywhere. Not like Valdes, either. Valdes had a major injury, and was not under contract to any team.

If Alves does leave next summer, pre-signing a top-flight RB would be a necessity. This level of player is rarely available for transfer in the winter. This is the only move I would make among the top 20 or so players on this squad. Promote Samper if Xavi retires/leaves.

Kohe321

don't you need to register a player right after you buy him ?

This sentence from the article makes it seem like this isn't necessarily the case:

"there is nothing to stop the Catalans from talking to potential targets or clubs - or even purchasing players - this summer as long as those new recruits are not registered before January 2016."

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
don't you need to register a player right after you buy him ?

No. MATS and Halilovic were "bought," as in we had a total agreement for the transfer, early in 2014 but these transfers weren't completed until the transfer window opened.

You do however, I think, need to register a player before he starts playing official games for you.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This sentence from that news story makes it seem like that isn't the case:

"there is nothing to stop the Catalans from talking to potential targets or clubs - or even purchasing players - this summer as long as those new recruits are not registered before January 2016."

It means we can buy the players. They just can't play official games for us until 2016. Or we can seal an agreement for the player and complete the transfer in Jan. 2016.

JamDav1982

Buy a set of players with a few superstars and put them off on a tour round the world like the Harlem Globe Trotters. Until January 2016.

Job done.

Kohe321

It means we can buy the players. They just can't play official games for us until 2016. Or we can seal an agreement for the player and complete the transfer in Jan. 2016.

Yup, which is very good news in my ears. The challenge will be to sign top players and find a good solution on what they will be doing those first 6 months before they can start playing for us. I guess them staying at their old clubs for half a season is the best option, which makes it no more than just a slightly "delayed" move - the purchase happens in the summer but the move in the winter.

The main obstacle would be that the player can't play in CL and become cup bound with their old club before coming over to us in January, something a lot of big clubs probably will have a problem agreeing upon.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Buy a set of players with a few superstars and put them off on a tour round the world like the Harlem Globe Trotters. Until January 2016.

Job done.

Huh. I don't know if you're serious or not, but we could, theoretically speaking, do that if we buy a set of players for the B team and senior team. Who'd coach them though? Lucho can't be in two places at once.

khaled_a_d

I can't see us making too many signings with that case but our top priority will be securing a RB IMO .in that case we can get over the Alves saga safely ,don't renew an old player with high wage for too long and secure his replacement when it matters most in January ,play Montoya/Adriano in that 6 month and get done with it
May be we should go after Danilo and loan him to a team in Spain

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We can't loan players unless they are registered to us. What we can do is make an agreement (a binding contract) this summer to complete the transfer of the player in the winter transfer window.

By registered, don't FIFA mean included in squad lists? Like for the league and CL e.g. In that case, I think the players can be loaned out.

Gnidrologist

Yup, which is very good news in my ears. The challenge will be to sign top players and find a good solution on what they will be doing those first 6 months before they can start playing for us. I guess them staying at their old clubs for half a season is the best option, which makes it no more than just a slightly "delayed" move - the purchase happens in the summer but the move in the winter.
As far as i understand this dealing is that player would still belongs or rather be ''in dominion'' of the old club until the transfer window. It's just that the deal of selling him later is already sealed prematurely.

Rapha

So, if it's true, we must buy Danilo and Verratti if possible, 2 big players perfect for the Barça play.

L

linetty

Our first signing should be a RB (Danilo/Darmian/Bellerin) and then Verratti is a must. We should do anything to bring him here.

Home of Barca Fans