The new TV deal for FC Barcelona

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I never understood why they apply that to Spanish games too.

Me neither.

Supposedly its to do with not impacting attendances of lower league games in England. Don't get why it lasts until 5:15 either. All the games are done by then.

Bucky

Penya Member
Yeah that has me raging, when you miss 15mins of the start of the game. That chat they have pregame I thought they said it's something to do with Spanish laws/Spanish TV licensing or some garbage? =S

Seen a few people get fuming at it too on the twitter feed.

Kerrybai

Yeah that has me raging, when you miss 15mins of the start of the game. That chat they have pregame I thought they said it's something to do with Spanish laws/Spanish TV licensing or some garbage? =S

Seen a few people get fuming at it too on the twitter feed.

No it's to do with English laws, i.e. the blackout rule, just strange that the blackout rule then applies to Spanish games, do they feel people will not attend a game in england to watch a spanish game instead?

Ghosting

No it's to do with English laws, i.e. the blackout rule, just strange that the blackout rule then applies to Spanish games, do they feel people will not attend a game in england to watch a spanish game instead?

Not to mention you can't exactly teleport to a ground, it can ages to get to even a local ground, so surely the blackout should be like 2-6 if they are worried a game on tv will stop people going to a live game.

Bucky

Penya Member

Would appear so, I was just getting everything ready, turned the channel over and it's that Gillette Soccer Saturday, checked the 3pm listing and the damn thing doesn't finish til 5! So I'm screwing thinking they've done that bs where they don't actually cover the match & only show an hour long highlights program. It's partly ok as the game is still showing at 5-7pm but annoying as kick off was at 3pm so trying to lay low from hearing the score =/

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
LOL. What a stupid rule.

Those who live far away and want to follow their team would sure as hell not drive a long way.

Bucky

Penya Member
Oh this was brilliant today, 2 hours after kick off and they still, STILL skipped some of the game.

I noticed it was the 50th minute when Bravo was about to take a goal kick and then all of a sudden it skipped to the 55th minute!!

This is on SKY FFS!!

*one other thing, program started at 5pm, didn't start the game until 5:15pm again even though it's not live... what the actual fudge.

Home of Barca Fans