Messi breaks assist record

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Leo Messi's hattrick against Levante moved him to 26 La Liga goals for the season.
The Argentine also broke the known La Liga record for assists with the 106th of his career, when his cross was slightly fortunately converted by Neymar for the game's opening goal.

i

Tonight Camp Nou witnessed Messi's 5th hat-trick this season, (four in La Liga and one in Europe). Argentinian now has 31 hat-tricks in his glittering career. Today was his 300th league appearance, and his all-time Liga goalscoring record, now at 269, just doesn’t stop growing.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Isn't it worth noting that he broke the record for assists in LL as far as the stats go back (i.e. 25 years)?

raskolnikov

This record for some reason doesn't get anywhere near it's deserved recognition.
Yup, barely mentioned. If it were Ronaldo we would here a shitload of people praising him for it the next few days, type of pr like that won him the ballon d'or.

I do feel its fairer to add known record as well, assists are difficult to track regardless.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This record for some reason doesn't get anywhere near it's deserved recognition.

Definitely.
Barca usually sucks in marketing anything so no wonder they can't
make this seen as valuable is it really is.

I've been reading for 2 days about some amazing Ronaldo's dribble vs.Depor. Perez can make shit turn to gold.

L

linetty

It's just the madrid media being more powerful. I can't say I care about this, I feel good just knowing that we're doing so well and Madrid with Ronaldo struggles :). Good feeling you know,.

Ghosting

Not seen this record even slightly mentioned in any match report. Ridiculous not even seen the Barca website acknowledge it.

Of course it is. But assist accounting varies over time (and countries) and official records can't be trusted over more than twenty years. These reasons + the fact that assists are widely disregarded in hyping up attacking players

Home of Barca Fans