Which RB would you want FC Barcelona to sign?

Which RB would you sign for FC Barcelona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know we have a transfer ban until January 2016, but with Dani Alves possibly leaving this summer and Douglas and Montoya unfortunately not being upto task unless they improve considerably, we'll have to sign a RB in January next year which should be a priority signing!!!!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Also a follow up question to kickstart a discussion, why would you sign exactly that player?

raskolnikov

I hope Alves doesnt leave, 6 months with Montoya/Douglas makes me cringe, I prefer Pedro over them.

Danilo though

Alen

The only one i can think of is Danilo.

IMO we don't need a RB, we need a hybrid that can play on the entire right side as Messi tends to go onside. He needs to be able to defend like a RB and attack like a winger.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Danilo is pretty much the closest thing we can get to a new Alves, so he's my pick. Bellerin is my second priority, if he keeps up his development.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bellerin for me seems the best option. I'm most familiar with him, he's spent years at Barca learning how to play in our type of system (even if we don't play the way we did under Pep). He's very talented, knows how to link up, and has some wicked speed. His youth makes him very malleable as well and he won't have any difficulty acclimatizing. It's easy to see that he's growing in almost every single aspect of his position with maturity. He's a tenacious defender, smart in the final third, great passer, etc. One of the biggest things to mitigate after the loss of Alves is having a passing outlet on the right side for Messi/Rakitic to combine with. Bellerin shows the talent and learning capacity to grow as a sort of 'additional midfielder' on his flank with complex movements.

I don't know as much about Danilo's overall game however. It takes a lot more to sell me than some highlights of nice goals and crosses that manage to find their target, on top of a hyped reputation as 'heir to Alves'. Is he intelligent, can he keep up with passing sequences, can he do more than just bomb up and down in a linear fashion? I'm more concerned with how he can function as an outlet in our system than his ability to thump in a cross or have a shot every now and then. He needs to be a well rounded player, not just a runner with some skill and decent defensive capabilities. Can people confidently vouch for him on these qualities? I'll try to keep up with Porto in the coming months for Danilo and Oliver but I hope that people aren't just committing to Danilo without judging him on his entire offensive game.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Voted for Bellerin. Similar reasons to DonAndres. If Danilo is as good as people say then we should go for him but I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement on whether he is Alves 2.0

Alik

I haven't watched much of any of them, so I can't really vote.

I wonder if the Danilo hype is from people who actually watch his games.

L

linetty

Bellerin for me seems the best option. I'm most familiar with him, he's spent years at Barca learning how to play in our type of system (even if we don't play the way we did under Pep). He's very talented, knows how to link up, and has some wicked speed. His youth makes him very malleable as well and he won't have any difficulty acclimatizing. It's easy to see that he's growing in almost every single aspect of his position with maturity. He's a tenacious defender, smart in the final third, great passer, etc. One of the biggest things to mitigate after the loss of Alves is having a passing outlet on the right side for Messi/Rakitic to combine with. Bellerin shows the talent and learning capacity to grow as a sort of 'additional midfielder' on his flank with complex movements.

I don't know as much about Danilo's overall game however. It takes a lot more to sell me than some highlights of nice goals and crosses that manage to find their target, on top of a hyped reputation as 'heir to Alves'. Is he intelligent, can he keep up with passing sequences, can he do more than just bomb up and down in a linear fashion? I'm more concerned with how he can function as an outlet in our system than his ability to thump in a cross or have a shot every now and then. He needs to be a well rounded player, not just a runner with some skill and decent defensive capabilities. Can people confidently vouch for him on these qualities? I'll try to keep up with Porto in the coming months for Danilo and Oliver but I hope that people aren't just committing to Danilo without judging him on his entire offensive game.
Couldn't have said it better tbh.

I never saw Danilo play so I can't comment on him but Porto is going to bring an astronomical price tag on the table and I doubt he'll be worth it. Portuguese leauge is, with all due respect, piss poor after all.

Also I doubt every one who voted for Danilo watched him at least once throughout a whole game.

F

Flavia

Couldn't have said it better tbh.

I never saw Danilo play so I can't comment on him but Porto is going to bring an astronomical price tag on the table and I doubt he'll be worth it. Portuguese leauge is, with all due respect, piss poor after all.

Also I doubt every one who voted for Danilo watched him at least once throughout a whole game.

You're assuming Bellerin wants to come back. There's a good chance he doesn't, and I don't think he'd be cheap either. Arsenal players also haven't really lit up la liga. I'd stay clear of those.

L

linetty

You're assuming Bellerin wants to come back. There's a good chance he doesn't, and I don't think he'd be cheap either. Arsenal players also haven't really lit up la liga. I'd stay clear of those.
Bellerín: "You never close the door. Barça is a great team. I hope to win titles in years to come, and well, one day, return to this club."

He's bound to return at some point and now he even has a shot to be a starter at Barca. He's Catalan as well.

F

Flavia

Bellerín: "You never close the door. Barça is a great team. I hope to win titles in years to come, and well, one day, return to this club."

He's bound to return at some point and now he even has a shot to be a starter at Barca. He's Catalan as well.

I know he is. Like Cesc 2.0. That's why I hope we never go for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sime Vrsaljko is my choice but since noone heard od him (except Braida), I vote form Danilo

Home of Barca Fans