Which RB would you want FC Barcelona to sign?

Which RB would you sign for FC Barcelona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamDav1982

Well he is young. We have a ban anyway so his development can be tracked in the meantime. I doubt they'll let him go in jan 2016 though, maybe in the summer.

Thats my whole point - he is a young player that looks good and still has a lot to prove.

He could well be good enough to go back to Barca one day but to sign him now as starting RB would be a huge risk even if possible.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He hasnt looked good ever game for the first team. He looked quite poor in the first few and was highlighted by Gary Nevill etc.

Also he is 19 and started the season as arguably 4th choice RB at the club.

He still has a lot to prove.

I don't expect a 19 year old RB who just started playing with the first team to be anything more than lowest in the pecking order. I also don't expect a 19 year old player to be proven. Would you say that Danilo is actually proven or shown anything that makes him 'worthy' of being a Barca player? I personally don't know and I suspect that not many others actually do. Bellerin is still young and has a ways to go but when I look at potential RB's, he seems like the kind of prospect that Barca are in need of.

I'd still keep Alves for at least a year if he were to come. He's not going to be starting at 19 if that's what you're saying.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He was 4th choice at the start when we still had Jenkinson and thought Chambers was more of a right back than a center back, since then Bellerin has leap-frogged both of them and is starting, if only because Debuchy is injured. And yes, he did have a few bad games, but he improved massively the next time out, and has been brilliant; fast, good at defending and passing. His decision making in the final third still could be better, but for a 19 year old it's excellent, he's definitely a great prospect.

JamDav1982

I don't expect a 19 year old RB who just started playing with the first team to be anything more than lowest in the pecking order. I also don't expect a 19 year old player to be proven. Would you say that Danilo is actually proven or shown anything that makes him 'worthy' of being a Barca player? I personally don't know and I suspect that not many others actually do. Bellerin is still young and has a ways to go but when I look at potential RB's, he seems like the kind of prospect that Barca are in need of.

I'd still keep Alves for at least a year if he were to come. He's not going to be starting at 19 if that's what you're saying.

Plenty of 19 year olds come into a squad and are more than 4th choice.

That comment was a response to you making out Bellerin has been hugely rated at every level and made a seemless transition to the first team. That hasnt been the case and he didnt start all that well with the first team.

I though the debate was about what RB should come in next year. If not why compare Bellerin and Danilo?

JamDav1982

He was 4th choice at the start when we still had Jenkinson and thought Chambers was more of a right back than a center back, since then Bellerin has leap-frogged both of them and is starting, if only because Debuchy is injured. And yes, he did have a few bad games, but he improved massively the next time out, and has been brilliant; fast, good at defending and passing. His decision making in the final third still could be better, but for a 19 year old it's excellent, he's definitely a great prospect.

Agree he has looked good the last few games and may go on to be top class, still too early to be sure though and will be interesting to see how he develops.

XaviMessiGirl

darmian6.jpg

Get shit done, Braida. :coffee:

DrPepper

Would Pedro be willing to play as RB? If yes, I think he would be a good choice.

Nah, no disrespect to Pedro but I don't think he is able to make a Großkreutz-esque transformation.

Danilo or Bellerin seem to be the reasonable choices. Both will be expensive though. I'd prefer Danilo simply because we shouldn't waste money on Arsenal players every single year.

Home of Barca Fans