Lliga: Barca - Levante 5-0

Barcadub

We are going to win obviously.

So rest a few players and get a clean sheet. That is all I'm looking for.

Bigger tests are ahead.

Alen

You see, imo, this is an example of a wrong lineup and too many changes.
If a standard defense is:
-- Alba-Pique-Masch-Alves
-- then, if you play Bartra as a Dc, you usually need Alves and Pique/Masch along him to cover his possible mistakes or any problems
-- Bartra paired with Montoya is asking for troubles
-- especially if even the 3rd guy is a new guy, Adriano

You have 3 new players in defense.
They didn't play together, they won't be synchronized, they will make some mistakes, they will be slightly confused during corners.

So, you have 3 changes in defense, Xavi in midfield as "a new guy", and Pedro in attack.
So, 5 new players, and with Pedro, Messi, Suarez, Messi needs to play in the middle, right?
If Messi plays on the right, he don't have Rakitic and Alves to link up with him, but only Rakitic. Also, he don't have Suaraz to drag the opponents away.
On the left, Neymar don't have Iniesta, but Xavi or Rakitic.

Montoya and Adriano are less useful in attack than Alves and Alba.
Xavi and Rakitic are two Cms, none of them is Amc like Iniesta or Rafinha.
In attack, we miss at least 1 from Msn trio, plus we need to change the system (Messi to the middle probably).
Too many changes, imo.
And most of the changes are "asking" from us to play the sterile, possession game, and this system is potentially asking for troubles.

So, Levante is an easy opponent, but imo, no need for 5 new players and for huge changes in out formation and tactics, since we have 6 days of rest after that match.

I get what you're saying but i look at it this way: we're playing a relatively weak levante at home and Alves, Pique, Alba, Iniesta and MSN need rest. But Messi won't be benched and Neymar needs his confidence back.

L

linetty

Perfect game to rest some key players, good timing in between some really important games.

F

Flavia

I get what you're saying but i look at it this way: we're playing a relatively weak levante at home and Alves, Pique, Alba, Iniesta and MSN need rest. But Messi won't be benched and Neymar needs his confidence back.

Alves is suspended, so he'll rest regardless. Iniesta doesn't need rest, he was rested against Athletic Bilbao. Neymar is the only player really seeming to need a rest. Suarez and Messi are fine. But there's no game midweek after Levante, so there's plenty of time for everyone to rest too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alba has to be rested. He runs every game like there's no tomorrow and only Messi played more minutes than him, I think.

I

instinct

Bravo
Montoya Bartra Mascherano Adriano
Busquets
Rakitic Xavi/Rafinha
Messi Suarez Pedro

hardyboy

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 4m4 minutes ago
Iniesta has the flu and is not training this morning #fcblive

Home of Barca Fans