Lliga: Barca - Levante 5-0

L

linetty

Not getting consistent playing time will do that to you. I have a feeling he'll improve if he was given a proper run in the team.
Nah, it's not that. He's just not good enough to play at this level. I can't imagine him playing a cl final

Alik

I also think he'd play better if he were given a run of matches. Still wouldn't be good enough to be the long-term RB at Barca though, but I could be wrong.

One just has to look at how Bartra is playing now. If Montoya played at that level, that would be awesome.

Bucky

Penya Member
No, I've actually enjoyed the atmosphere on Camp Nou at once.

Don't know where you were sitting on Sunday but it was full of prawn sarnies. No one except 2 guys behind us knew the El Cant Del Barça and most of the chants. Majority sat down and clapped when Barça scored (which was awkward when I was jumping out my seat!).

The only real noise was coming from the Almogavers.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Don't know where you were sitting on Sunday but it was full of prawn sarnies. No one except 2 guys behind us knew the El Cant Del Barça and most of the chants. Majority sat down and clapped when Barça scored (which was awkward when I was jumping out my seat!).

The only real noise was coming from the Almogavers.

Yeah I remember when I went back in August a similar sort of thing happened. Ended up just sitting in my seat cheering and clapping along rather than standing up. Think I'd be tempted to sit somewhere with a bit more atmosphere next time I go.

L

linetty

Picnic fans, that's what we call them over here. Pretty awkward, indeed, that's why the atmosphere is rather dull at Camp Nou

Need more of those Almogavers guys

Bucky

Penya Member
Yeah exactly, it hurt. I was looking around wondering wtf was going on; contemplating if I was surrounded by actual Barça fans. I didn't want to let it get to me and detract from the evening so just tried to make the best of it and chant along with the guys behind me, clap and yeah, locate better seats next time. Thinking in the south goal tier 2, just behind & above the Almo's. IF I can get tickets. Hoping to go April time next.

*Yup, picnic fans, prawn sarnie brigade. Absolute joke of "fans". Real support right there. Great that they pay but make way for people who will actually make some noise. That's what I'm hoping for from the Penya London if they're a noisy lot then I'll look into joining them & hopefully travel along too.

Quite a few empty seats but I suppose to be expected in "low profile match's", but at the same time we really should be looking to sell out every game. In those kind of games they should just lower the sodding ticket price and fill it up.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Nah, it's not that. He's just not good enough to play at this level. I can't imagine him playing a cl final

We had Oleguer in 2006. Anything is possible.

Seriously though, you are making him worse than he is. He is average at best going forward, but he is good enough defensively. With that said, I don't think he has the quality to be a long term starting RB for us, albeit I can see him do a solid job for us until our transfer ban is over. Bartra has shown promise out there, I agree, but he is still too eager and doesn't have the pace to make up for his mistakes like Montoya does. If I was Lucho, I'd trust Monty with the job.

Asylum15

I also think he'd play better if he were given a run of matches. Still wouldn't be good enough to be the long-term RB at Barca though, but I could be wrong.

One just has to look at how Bartra is playing now. If Montoya played at that level, that would be awesome.

If Marc bulks up a bit, gets quicker and continues to improve his technical ability, he'd be an automatic starter for me.

Last edited:
L

linetty

We had Oleguer in 2006. Anything is possible.

Seriously though, you are making him worse than he is. He is average at best going forward, but he is good enough defensively. With that said, I don't think he has the quality to be a long term starting RB for us, albeit I can see him do a solid job for us until our transfer ban is over. Bartra has shown promise out there, I agree, but he is still too eager and doesn't have the pace to make up for his mistakes like Montoya does. If I was Lucho, I'd trust Monty with the job.
He's not good at all and that's why Adriano, who's LB, would play as RB in the Clasico if Alves was injured.

Home of Barca Fans