Valencia @ home in April

QuickyLFC

I was planning to come over and see this match but I see that the CL games are on 21/22nd of April, so what will happen?

Ajking88

This is something you should be careful about.

Last season I traveled over to watch Barca-Atletic Bilbao which was on the 20th of April.

Now in the weeks building up to this game, with no explanation the game was moved to something like the 7th of May without any warning.

This was in order to give Barca a free weekend before a potential champions league semi-final 1st leg.

As we know Atletico beat Barca in the quarters so therefore the game was subsequently moved back from the 7th of May to the original date of 20th April and I got to see the match.

Atletico played their league game on Friday the 18th of April because they had no midweek game before the weekend. Real Madrid however, they could not play then because they played Barca in the Copa Del Rey final on the 16th of April. Therefore, Real Madrid got given a free weekend and their match with Valladolid got moved back to the 7th of May.

I'm not sure on the date for the Copa Del Rey final this year, but that could also play a part like it did last year.

Sorry for waffling on but I would be very careful about that game from my experience last year. It could get moved to the Friday or a few weeks down the line. Or maybe it will stay the same even with Barca still in Champions League! With the Spanish FA it is a guessing game..

QuickyLFC

This is something you should be careful about.

Last season I traveled over to watch Barca-Atletic Bilbao which was on the 20th of April.

Now in the weeks building up to this game, with no explanation the game was moved to something like the 7th of May without any warning.

This was in order to give Barca a free weekend before a potential champions league semi-final 1st leg.

As we know Atletico beat Barca in the quarters so therefore the game was subsequently moved back from the 7th of May to the original date of 20th April and I got to see the match.

Atletico played their league game on Friday the 18th of April because they had no midweek game before the weekend. Real Madrid however, they could not play then because they played Barca in the Copa Del Rey final on the 16th of April. Therefore, Real Madrid got given a free weekend and their match with Valladolid got moved back to the 7th of May.

I'm not sure on the date for the Copa Del Rey final this year, but that could also play a part like it did last year.

Sorry for waffling on but I would be very careful about that game from my experience last year. It could get moved to the Friday or a few weeks down the line. Or maybe it will stay the same even with Barca still in Champions League! With the Spanish FA it is a guessing game..

I don't know what to do, not many tickets are left :(

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Should be OK. Just bear in mind that the game could be on the Friday.

I remember reading something on footballbreak.co.uk that they offer protection for date changes. Read that section of their site as I might be wrong. Could be an option for you if you are concerned.

QuickyLFC

Should be OK. Just bear in mind that the game could be on the Friday.

I remember reading something on footballbreak.co.uk that they offer protection for date changes. Read that section of their site as I might be wrong. Could be an option for you if you are concerned.

Well I've already booked hotel & flights for the dates that I can go (18th-23rd) so I'm definitely going

I just don't want to throw £120 at a ticket if I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it

pacp_96

hmmm. Then its like the other post said. Purely a guessing game. Should be able to buy tickets as we get closer to the game though. Valencia are decent but its not like the Madrid clubs. Only 67,000 attended the game last season which suggests you could buy tickets on the day at the ticket office if you needed to. If it was me I'd wait because if you spend £120 on a ticket and find you can't go then you'll kick yourself.

QuickyLFC

hmmm. Then its like the other post said. Purely a guessing game. Should be able to buy tickets as we get closer to the game though. Valencia are decent but its not like the Madrid clubs. Only 67,000 attended the game last season which suggests you could buy tickets on the day at the ticket office if you needed to. If it was me I'd wait because if you spend £120 on a ticket and find you can't go then you'll kick yourself.

Maybe I'll wait until closer to the game then!

Ajking88

I received an email for Barcelona last year when the game originally got moved that I would receive a refund if I had bought tickets. So I don't think you will have any issues getting your money back if the game gets rescheduled.

But there is no need to purchase just yet. Tickets free up massively in the buildup to the game. If you look at attendances you will see a lot of the time they are 30-40k under capacity.

If you are going with others then certainly don't buy now as chances are you will be split up. Wait until the day before the game and you will get seats next to each other with no problems.

Ajking88

This is an email I received last year:

"Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for contacting us. We are afraid that the match between FC Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao in the 34th round of Spanish Liga fixtures, which was initially scheduled to be played on the weekend of April 20 is now postponed.

The reason is that by decision and order of the organiser of the competition, the Liga Nacional de Futbol Profesional (LNFP), the game has been postponed until the week of May 7 (and could be played on any of May 6, 7 or 8). The two clubs are obliged to uphold this postponement.

In case you have bought your tickets through FC Barcelona site, you can request the refund of your tickets in case you cannot attend the match or you can use your tickets for the new data. We are afraid that is not possible to change the tickets for other match

Kind regards,

FC Barcelona Supporter Services Office "

QuickyLFC

This is an email I received last year:

"Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for contacting us. We are afraid that the match between FC Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao in the 34th round of Spanish Liga fixtures, which was initially scheduled to be played on the weekend of April 20 is now postponed.

The reason is that by decision and order of the organiser of the competition, the Liga Nacional de Futbol Profesional (LNFP), the game has been postponed until the week of May 7 (and could be played on any of May 6, 7 or 8). The two clubs are obliged to uphold this postponement.

In case you have bought your tickets through FC Barcelona site, you can request the refund of your tickets in case you cannot attend the match or you can use your tickets for the new data. We are afraid that is not possible to change the tickets for other match

Kind regards,

FC Barcelona Supporter Services Office "

Fair enough, think I'll just wait, cheers

Fraser

All ready to book the hotels flights and tickets when we remembered this aswell, I got caught out with the Bilbao game as mentioned above. Has really thrown a spanner in the works now. How can we know If the game will be moved or not?

QuickyLFC

All ready to book the hotels flights and tickets when we remembered this aswell, I got caught out with the Bilbao game as mentioned above. Has really thrown a spanner in the works now. How can we know If the game will be moved or not?

Well the game is scheduled for saturday, with Barca playing either the next tuesday or wednesday IF they go through against City, looks like they'll go through so not sure

pacp_96

Well the game is scheduled for saturday, with Barca playing either the next tuesday or wednesday IF they go through against City, looks like they'll go through so not sure

Should be on the Saturday in the likely event that we go through.

gar295

Hi Im also looking at heading over for the Valencia game, there isn't many tickets left available will there more be made available closer to the game ?

Thanks

Home of Barca Fans