Emre Can

Empty

Full Name: Emre Can
Nationality: German-born of Turkish descent
Height: 1.84 cm
Weight: 82 kg
Position: Defensive Midfielder, but has played for Liverpool this season as a Center-Back on some occasions, such as today's game vs. Tottenham (video below)., where he started at CB and pushed into midfield once Gerrard was taken off.

2836__4999__can_goal_560_512X287.jpg

An interesting article on Can. In terms of style he actually reminds me of Yaya Toure (a lot more than Pogba, for example, even though people like the comparison since he's black :pep: )

http://eplindex.com/57153/emre-can-best-position.html

And to think we could have gotten him by activating a €12 million release cause... but fear not, we have Lord Vermaelen.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he was seen as a defensive mid. i think most people would have taken vermaelen over him at the time.

who knows how he'll develop but he has a while to go to become barca level.

Empty

he was seen as a defensive mid. i think most people would have taken vermaelen over him at the time.

who knows how he'll develop but he has a while to go to become barca level.

Are you talking about the same Vermaelen who falls apart at the touch of a light breeze?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Are you talking about the same Vermaelen who falls apart at the touch of a light breeze?

Really? Dude's been unfortunate with regard to his injuries (I personally blame Arsenal's medical staff) but that's a bit much, don't you think?

Empty

It's obviously in jest, but Vermaelen has had a lot of injury problems. A fucking lot. I don't even remember the last time he played, it was a long time ago. Injuries add up and take their toll...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's obviously in jest, but Vermaelen has had a lot of injury problems. A fucking lot. I don't even remember the last time he played, it was a long time ago. Injuries add up and take their toll...

He played against Algeria in the World Cup. He was initially injured with this hamstring/thigh (can't remember which) issue in May, but Arsenal's staff didn't want him to get surgery. After surgery, he should be completely fine, with regards to this injury episode. Prior to that he's only had a few weeks off for knee issues and then a fatigue fracture.

Home of Barca Fans