Copa semis: Villarreal-Barca 1-3 (2-6 agg.)

Leo_Messi

All this sudden talk about the treble is bound to disappoint a lot of users here.

It's not a coincidence that only a few handful of top clubs have ever won the treble in their history and that those few that have are yet to repeat this fate.

Leo_Messi

A treble probably not but CdR and one of Liga/CL why not.

A CdR title is definitely possible and so is the league title although I still regard RM as favorites.

You usually need luck to win the CL and regardless of our amazing form for the past 1 month or so I don't consider our team to be superior to that of RM and Bayern München over two legs. Assuming that both those two teams will have relatively healthy squads to their disposition.

Chelsea would give us significant trouble as usual too.

It's better not to expect too much so early in the season. You are bound to get disappointed this way.

For all you know City might kick us out of the CL (not unlikely) and RM might get their shit together and win the league. It only takes 1-2 bad results and a defeat in the El Clásico game at the Camp Nou.

Let's take it one step at a time. I agree that the current situation is looking promising and that's very encouraging but all that talk about the treble (not only on this forum but in the media lately) is damaging.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let us not indulge in this gloryhunting trophy talk.
I hope we don't follow Barca to celebrate trophies.

You always need luck (sometines more, sometimes less) to win knock-out competitions and La Liga looks harder than last year and way harder than last time we won it.

As long as Barca puts up a fight in all competitions and plays this attractive football, I'll be content.
One step at a time..

xavi_the_Boss

tbh i would be very disappointed if we don´t manage to win the CDR.We are clear favourites now and Villarreal,Bilbao or Espanyol shouldn´t stop us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One step at a time indeed, but like xavi_the_boss, I would be very disappointed too if we don't win the Copa.

FC B

The team needs a great game tomorrow that may well get Barca straight into the final.
I'm confident they can do it if they play at their full potential and score as much as possible ( not like vs Bilbao with a ton of clear misses ) ;)

T

Tapiro Perfetto

I hope Barca wins at least 2-0 or, if possible, 3-0 (..or 4-1).
It's better to don't have another "tough game" in the return match (in march)....we have to concentrate on la Liga and Champions League.

F

Flavia

B9hXx2NIQAA0kNe.png

B9hXx0OIIAAc3Zl.png

Home of Barca Fans