Travel planning: La Liga schedules, Barça fixtures, and tickets

cmsy27

Hi guys. I'm in a bit of a tough planning situation and would really appreciate your help, especially since as seasoned Barça fans some of you might be able to help me narrow down the best possible time to be in Barcelona, which would make things so much easier!

I'm planning to possibly take a trip to Europe for 3 weeks with my family around September - October this year and it would make me the happiest person ever if I were to catch a Barça home match while there. What complicates things is, since we're from Asia, we have to cram in visits to several countries for the trip to be worth it. We also have to book months in advance to get good prices, so I have to fix the schedule pretty precisely.

So my questions are:

1. Around what month do they usually announce the start of a new season (including matches and tentative fixture dates)? I would say around July, is that right?
2. Historically, have Barça home matches most often fallen on Saturday / Sunday nights? Is there a possibility they play on a different day?
3. What other competitions (Champions League, etc.) might alter Barça's schedule and would some rounds be played in the period between mid-September to early October?
4. Assuming I'm lucky enough to be in Barcelona on a night with a match, is it easy to get tickets for a game that is not El Clasico?

And finally, some travel related questions:

I've been to Barcelona before, in 2011 when I was studying in France, but I'd appreciate if any locals would advise me as to which places to go to (apart from tourist destinations like Parc Güell and Sagrada Família) :) Also, I need a little insight on city sequence. Which one is best (most efficient and takes us back east)?

- Prague, Berlin, London, Paris, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Greece
- London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Greece or
- Lisbon, Barcelona, London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Greece

Thanks so much for any help :wub:

Last edited:

moreino

Hi,

1. Yes, the schedule is usually announced in July, it can be either the beginning or the end of the month. The exact kick-off day and time are announced about 1 month before the game.
2. Most of the games are on the weekends, and it could be any day from Friday to Monday. Barça plays mostly on Saturday and Sunday. There are however 1-2 rounds per season scheduled on mid-week, these are from Tuesday to Thursday.
3. There are international games when the national teams play their friendlies/qualifyers and on those days clubs are not playing.
4. You can get tickets either online or from ticket booths just before the game easily to any match except for El Clasico and Champions League advanced stages.

Hope this helps.

cmsy27

Hi,

1. Yes, the schedule is usually announced in July, it can be either the beginning or the end of the month. The exact kick-off day and time are announced about 1 month before the game.
2. Most of the games are on the weekends, and it could be any day from Friday to Monday. Barça plays mostly on Saturday and Sunday. There are however 1-2 rounds per season scheduled on mid-week, these are from Tuesday to Thursday.
3. There are international games when the national teams play their friendlies/qualifyers and on those days clubs are not playing.
4. You can get tickets either online or from ticket booths just before the game easily to any match except for El Clasico and Champions League advanced stages.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! That definitely helps :)

idsocho

There are international games when the national teams play their friendlies/qualifyers and on those days clubs are not playin?

Home of Barca Fans