Enrique plays down win in Bilbao

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca coach Luis Enrique has warned Barca 'not to take heart' from their 5-2 victory over Athletic Bilbao in La Liga on Sunday.

The Catalans' attacking triumvirate of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar all got on the scoresheet at San Mames as the side closed the gap on leaders Real Madrid to a single point.

enrique-pointing490epa.jpg

"I was left with the feeling that the team respond to adversity by trying to score goals."

"It was a good game and a great night, but there's a lot [of the season to go] and there'll be surprises for everyone."

"When a team like Athletic presses you high, it's [an opportunity] you can't refuse. I like to attack the space, even if it means that team has to run at their maximum."

"You must also control the tempo. Matches can be won in many ways. We're very comfortable with the ball, and we've also started to feel very comfortable without it."

"Throughout the season, all teams have ups and downs. This tournament is won by the most consistent team, but it won't be decided until the last day, so we can't take heart yet."

"We must be prepared for any [adverse] circumstances. Barca have been the same from day one. The players aren't machines."

"We all make mistakes. I always want us to give our best account of ourselves, but it's not possible."

"It's a great privilege to have a player like [Lionel] Messi, but recognition must go to the whole team, when they play at a level like [on Sunday]."

cmsy27

I'm glad he has this attitude. We can never be complacent, not when there are titles to be won! If we want to win the league we pretty much need to win all of the remaining games, since RM and Atleti won't drop points just like that either. RM especially will be working hard to up their game after that humiliating 4-0 defeat, and we're still 1 point away from them.

I'm very confident in our team though, and I hope Lucho keeps up the good work!

Altomonte

What is perhaps most important is the health of our players. Real Madrid has suffered several injuries that have had great impact on their recent performance. The team that is most successful avoiding injuries to key players will probably win La Liga.

frog-fcb

Now is were luchos early season rotations will start paying off big style madrid is already getting tired due to keepin same 11.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What is perhaps most important is the health of our players. Real Madrid has suffered several injuries that have had great impact on their recent performance. The team that is most successful avoiding injuries to key players will probably win La Liga.

I was wondering about that the other day.
We certainly have been lucky to avoid injuries this season.

Alik

We certainly have been lucky to avoid injuries this season.

True, season after season we've had horrible injury problems. I hope everyone stays fit, because right now almost everyone is crucial in our starting 11.

Home of Barca Fans