Lliga: Barca - Villarreal 3-2

draconifire

Score should have been 3-1. That pique fuckup just makes the score a bit tipsy. Our midfield is only my concern right now not suarez, he gives his heart out each game just unlucky.

BerkeleyBernie

Probably the most entertaining match of the season so far. Villarreal is a good attacking team of young players. Looking forward to these Cup games (unlike Elche and Atletico).

raskolnikov

Real? Not now.

Bayern? If they're healthy. They're having injuries issues now.

Chelsea? No.

Again, things can change. I think Barca right now is at a good stage for the season. Only thing missing is Suarez. If he gets back to his form, we can be unbeatable. Yes yes our midfield still is mediocre, but that's not going to change.
Real with Modric back and their counter attacking style will beat us h2h over 2 games unfortanetly, or atleast they would be favourites, our midfield would be to weak.

Bayern are clearly better but also have Pep which give them a real edge over us.

Chelsea will just Park the bus Mourinho style and counter us with Cesc lounching Costa constantly, we wont break them down and most likely will concede so again favourites.

I wish it wasnt the case but nowadays we would need luck to get by h2h, can we win cl? definitely just would not be favourites to do so, first lets get by City.

La liga will be very tough as well, Real are more consistent, have a lead better h2h result, less depending on their keyplayer and have the refs helping them. It feels like 2011/12 all over again in that regard.

Copa is realistically the only price we are favoured to win this season, but nothing is impossible of course, could be 0, could be 3.

doublehh03

Real with Modric back and their counter attacking style will beat us h2h over 2 games unfortanetly, or atleast they would be favourites, our midfield would be to weak.

Bayern are clearly better but also have Pep which give them a real edge over us.

Chelsea will just Park the bus Mourinho style and counter us with Cesc lounching Costa constantly, we wont break them down and most likely will concede so again favourites.

I wish it wasnt the case but nowadays we would need luck to get by h2h, can we win cl? definitely just would not be favourites to do so, first lets get by City.

La liga will be very tough as well, Real are more consistent, have a lead better h2h result, less depending on their keyplayer and have the refs helping them. It feels like 2011/12 all over again in that regard.

Copa is realistically the only price we are favoured to win this season, but nothing is impossible of course, could be 0, could be 3.

Question: do you watch Chelsea?

superbarca

You are quite pessimistic , unrealistic. I agree that Real and Bayern may be considered favorites in a clash in the champions league , but it would be a very small difference in the betting sites.

And among the "top 4" (real, bayern, barca and chelsea), Chelsea is what has, by far, the poorest and ugliest football. They can beat us as well as Atletico beat Real , but will not be favorites .

doublehh03

You are quite pessimistic , unrealistic. I agree that Real and Bayern may be considered favorites in a clash in the champions league , but it would be a very small difference in the betting sites.

And among the "top 4" (real, bayern, barca and chelsea), Chelsea is what has, by far, the poorest and ugliest football. They can beat us as well as Atletico beat Real , but will not be favorites .

Atletico pretty much owns Real. The only loss was the damn CL Finals.

I don't think there are any favorites right now in the CL as a lot of teams have been up and down as expected throughout a long season.

Whoever is at the best form at that time will most likely win. Considering the "peaks" of team, we haven't peaked yet (Suarez regaining his form will be our peak). If we peak, we're just as good as anyone.

And I watch a ton of Chelsea football. They play an ugly style that drags games, but won't win you the CL. Can they win? Sure any team can win. But they surely wont beat Barca unless Messi is injured or something.

raskolnikov

Im not being pessimistic perse, I personaly would favour them over us h2h, its not that far fetched imo. I hope I am wrong of course.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is that team as a whole doesn't look very confident. We will need a lot of luck to win la liga or CL.

Strange. I thought guys looked very confident tonight. They've beaten a team that didn't lose a game in 3 months. And this win should've been with higher margin as Submarino created nothing besides those 2 goals.
And name me one team that doesn't need luck to win CL.
As for La Liga, we should have been in a lead already had certain ref not given a certain team from the capital that late penalty to win a game.
So yeah, either way, luck is what you need.

Even in best of circumstances you'd need plenty to win La Liga in which both Champions League finalists play too.

It's a tall order mate, even if we could turn back clock on Xavi and Iniesta.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Problem is that team as a whole doesn't look very confident.

I don't know how you can say that. We beat Atletico 3 times this month. A team we couldn't beat once last season. They must be full of confidence now.

Either way, with a bit of luck, we can challenge for the UCL title.

beogatts

I thhink barca is playing it right..jjust villareal looked better than atletico. IMO, we r ready for big games.

Autumn

So we beat the league champions 3 times in a row, and then beat a team that hasn't lost in nearly 3 months. What do our "competitors" do lately? Madrid looks horrible nearly every game this month. Chelsea (lol) look terrible throughout the month and topped it off with a home loss to Bradford City 2-4. And Bayern make their long awaited return to get stomped 4-1. And Atletico obviously lost 3 games to us in a row.

What conclusions do we draw from this?... Only on here, :lol:

Anyways, Iniesta I don't think got nearly enough credit for how good he was today. It seems to be becoming the cheap criticism lately to just say "we have no midfield." Well Iniesta and Rafinha were two of our best players today, so I really don't see where that's coming from today in particular.

Alba was the only big disappointment of the day. Terrible game from him. Suarez had a bad game too, but I no longer have any expectations of him so it's hard to consider him disappointing anymore.

We shut down their counterattacks well, they were extremely fortunate to be gifted the two goals they were. We created far more chances and deserved a better scoreline. But 3 points either way so it's hard to complain.

Home of Barca Fans