Lliga: Barca - Villarreal 3-2

L

linetty

Please, Lucho, no rotations, against Atletico they were just moving the ball around like in training in the second half, there is no game in midweek and Villareal is a tough opponent.
This. Lucky 1-0 last time around, can't afford to lose points now as we might catch up with RM soon with Sevilla and Atleti and the likes coming up for them.

Only Pique and Alves should be left out as they're 1 card from suspension ahead of Bilbao game at San Mames.

I

instinct

Bravo
Montoya Pique Bartra Alba
Mascherano
Rakitic Xavi
Messi Suarez Neymar

Neymar, Messi and Pique are in god-mode. Benching them would probably kill their momentum.
Suarez rested vs Elche and should be at 100% (fitness wise)
Bartra deserves to start a game again.
Xavi needs to play 90 minutes and Rakitic should come off for Rafinha in the 2nd half
Mascherano was taken out in the 2nd half vs Atleti so he'll certainly start vs Villareal. Great weapon against their fast attacks (better than Busquets in this regard)

We have no game in mid-week and our players rested in the 2nd half vs Atletico and Villareal is in very good form. There is no need to bench key players other than Iniesta, Busquets and Alves (because of his yellow card)

Might consider replacing Pique with Mathieu but as I've said before, I don't want his momentum gone. Difficult.

Leo_Messi

I really like Villarreal as a club. Games against them are mostly always hard. I expect this one to follow the tradition regardless of the team being in a very good form.

Piqué and Alves should be rested due to the possibility of them getting a suspension. FCB is after all playing against Athletic next week at San Mamés.

---------------Bravo---------------

Montoya-Bartra-Mascherano-Alba

-------------Busquets--------------

-----------Xavi-Rafinha------------

-------Messi-Suárez-Pedro---------

Neymar, despite his amazing form of late, could do with some rest.

anguy

-------------------------Bravo-------------------------

Mont ---------Bartra---------Mathieu--------Alba

------------------------Masch------------------------

----Rak ----------------------------Ini---------------

Messi ---------------Suarez ----------Neymar---

CatalinR10

aqpe1wd-460sa-v1.gif

Innnnnnnnnn on Villarreal game thread

MSN to have a great game once again :tito:

gatsu

I see that everyone is overly optimistic, we are facing Villarreal one of the best teams in la liga not so no names, I saw their last game against Getafe and they completely destroyed them in every aspect, they play a very attractive and solid football, their only weak point is maybe set pieces, they won their last 4 games in a pretty convincing manner, so I'm expecting a hard one.

I don't want to take unconsidered risks by proceeding to a large rotation, we can do that after securing the game.

___________Bravo____________
Alves___ Pique___ Bartra___Alba
________Mascherano__________
______Rakitic_____ Xavi_______
Messi_______Suarez______Neymar

BerkeleyBernie

Villarreal just picked up Joel Campbell from Arsenal on loan. Good player, just crowded out from playing at Arsenal. Played in their Copa win over Getafe.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
But they no longer have Paulista, who I've heard was crucial in their defense. And last I saw from Campbell he was pretty rusty, I doubt he'll be too big of a threat against us

Icarium

Lifestealer
The scary February is back. I would make us title favorites if we don't lose any points this month. This is very crucial month for this season, and we always perform badly in this month.

Home of Barca Fans