Barca to re-consider Qatar deal

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Samsung? Considering that they've lost Chelsea to. Turkish Airways now.

Oh no, I would vomit if we get Samsung.

We could ask Intel, who is already featured on the inside of our jersey. :lol: Plus they are one of the world's 20 most valuable brands.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Lets get all the isheep on board :troll:

Seriously though why not something like Tesla or solarcity. Counter Madrid and their oil money :pep:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What's wrong with Samsung?

First off, I am not a fan of Samsung and in my opinion, they are a company that is in decline. Their revenue from their cell phone business has been declining in many markets around the world.

Secondly and more importantly, they used to sponsor Chelsea and their logo is somewhat associated with Chelsea in the football world. I don't want us to get a rehashed logo/sponsor, I want something original for us.

raki

A new sponsor, a new shirt deal (If Nike does not step up with more mone money go to Adidas) and a brand to the stadium.

All money is needed to the stadium and to compete with Madrid, Bayern and English clubs.

Man United deals must be the example. Barça is one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world so let´s take advantage of that to get some monstruous cash.

If Adidas pay 940M for 10 years to United anything less than 800M for the same time will be a disappointment.

Same goes for the Chevrolet deal they made.

Honestly, i dont care if it is Qatar, Turkish Airlines or any other company.

I don´t see arsenal fans angry with the Emirates, or Bayern with the Allianz. And what about the Abu Dabhi Bernabeu?
What fans want is a powerfull team and the times have changed.
Let´s take advantage of the Messi era to wipeout the debt that it´s still in the 200M mark. It´s a golden opportunity.

Altomonte

Terminating Quatar seems like a good idea - unless Quatar Foundation clearly condemns Radical Islam and Shariah Law.
Partnering with a high-tech company would be a good idea. Given RM's association with Microsoft, our club could approach Google, Apple or IBM.
It should be a company with strong Analytics capabilities and strong Research.
My preference would be IBM for 3 reasons:
1. IBM has the strongest Research of all IT companies and strongest Analytics capabilities
2. IBM has over 100 years of history and high Ethical values, compatible with Barcelona's image of clean and fair play
3. IBM has strong presence in Spain (and Switzerland - where FIFA HQ's are located)

Although there have been some recent bad news re. IBM, it's a high quality company with $100B sales revenue and a WW employee base of over 300,000.
Also, IBM may want to look for ways to be more 'hip'.
IBM is a sponsor of Tennis and Golf, may be interested in 'clean soccer'.

Google could be another good option.
Apple probably difficult but another option. Note that Apple and IBM have a strong partnership!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bartomeu already said Barca will re-consider the deal with Qatar. States that fund terrorism shouldn't be associated with FCB.

Bertus

Would be glad if Barca gets Samsung, Intel, Microsoft or any german companies/corporations.

edit: yeah IBM sounds good too.

Bertus

First off, I am not a fan of Samsung and in my opinion, they are a company that is in decline. Their revenue from their cell phone business has been declining in many markets around the world.

Secondly and more importantly, they used to sponsor Chelsea and their logo is somewhat associated with Chelsea in the football world. I don't want us to get a rehashed logo/sponsor, I want something original for us.
Dunno, luft.

You're shortsighted on this IMO.

Samsung or Microsoft would be an excellent choice because they are on the VR scene.

01F4000007801961-photo-samsung-gear-vr.jpg

The Samsung Gear VR is a success: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/gearvr/gearvr_features.html

Imagine that you can pay 5 euros online to watch a Barca game live via Gear VR as if you were in the stadium just like you can now watch Concerts/performances live as if you were in the crowd.

That would be an amazing deal.

I can personally say the Gear VR is awesome for things like i described BTW :)

Altomonte

To my knowledge Samsung is associated with Chelsea, and Microsoft with Real Madrid. German companies (in particular BMW and AUDI, both Bavarian companies) would prefer Bayern Munich.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Sony? They dropped their FIFA sponsorship so they might be open to sponsoring a club? They're also in on the VR scene with Project Morpheus.

slvtn

Bartomeu already said Barca will re-consider the deal with Qatar. States that fund terrorism shouldn't be associated with FCB.

That - in the first place - should have been the first statement from the club to even prevent a sponsorship deal with Qatar. I think that sponsor is a huge contradiction to the club's philosophy and tradition. Not to speak about having Qatar and Unicef on the same shirt. But we have to ask the question if club tradition has a huge value for this board. See the leaks of the new jersey. It's not about wether it's bad or not, but you simply don't use horizontal stripes when the club used verticals oves for ober 100 years.

Let's see if the club can follow Man U's way. Although I heard the Chevrolet manager who made the sponsorhip deal was fired, because the deal was stupidly high.

Home of Barca Fans