Barca to re-consider Qatar deal

raki

so this is your argument
Ok.
sorry you did not understand my posts. Btw, if jamdav had issues with my wording, I'm sure he'd let me know

FYI, Spain is ranked 30th in GDP per capita, and Catalunya is a region, not barcelona.

If you think that Catalunya and Spain are not in a serious finantial crisis then you are delusional, with all due respect.

JamDav1982

your numbers are BS, make an effort by yourself to realize this or i won't bother pitching in.
Anyway, what I was referring to was this

Seemed obvious to me .
btw, I know exactly what I would reply, than the gist of your own response, at which point we'll be arguing about hypothetical economics, no thanks.

What numbers are BS?

If you think that Catalunya and Spain are not in a serious finantial crisis then you are delusional, with all due respect.
As delusional as I may be, I don't entirely twist words of a single, short post.
quote me on what you disagree on, should be interesting. Perhaps I don't throw polite formulas around, but at least I don't do that.

Jamdav. Knowing you this will be a very long discussion, I'm not up for it tonight or tomorrow, i'll PM you during the week, k ?

JamDav1982

As delusional as I may be, I don't entirely twist words of a single, short post.
quote me on what you disagree on, should be interesting. Perhaps I don't throw polite formulas around, but at lest I don't do that.

Jamdav. Knowing you this will be a very long discussion, I'm not up for it tonight or tomorrow, i'll PM you during the week, k ?

Im not even sure what you are debating... is it that Barca wouldnt get a shirt sponsor of 50/60m?

Those figures are not just plucked out of thin air. It is what was published this week what a study by Barca suggested the market value of their man shirt sponsor is. More than that potentially with the other shirt deals.

Well, your claim is that it is absolutely necessary to have a main shirt sponsor in order to compete for the top (otherwise we are not in disagreement and I don't know why you responded in the first place)

I couldn't disagree more with this, so I'll make my case, and then we can start arguing about the nuances "necessary" entails, which will probably put us both to sleep.

JamDav1982

Well, your claim is that it is absolutely necessary to have a main shirt sponsor in order to compete for the top (otherwise we are not in disagreement and I don't know why you responded in the first place)

I couldn't disagree more with this, so I'll make my case, and then we can start arguing about the nuances "necessary" entails, which will probably put us both to sleep.

If your case is that the club can get naming rights for stadium etc then I just dont see the point of having any objections to a shirt sponsor.

This idea that the shirt is sacred is out dated an NOT something the socios of Barcelona want. It has been voted on.

Do you care that there is a Nike swoosh when in the past there never was one? Do you care that their is advertising all over the stadium there never used to be?

In the competitive world of clubs and their income in the future will mean Barca need every penny they can so yes I do think it is neccesary to have a shirt sponsor as to not disadvantage the club compared to others.

Let's not digress before we even started talking. I'll just quote myself
Well, your claim is that it is absolutely necessary to have a main shirt sponsor in order to compete for the top (otherwise we are not in disagreement and I don't know why you responded in the first place) I couldn't disagree more with this (line of thought)
In the meantime, good night

JamDav1982

Let's not digress before we even started talking. I'll just quote myself
In the meantime, good night

To compete financially with other clubs and stay ahead of the majority Barca need the shirt sponsorship and potentially other things like stadium naming.

You dont seem to be adding any actual beliefs about why you think Barca would be better off wihout that 50/60m a season but a blank shirt.

pretty insightful when i've said many times over already i won't go into it tonight, and maybe not here as well. And you already changing entirely the scope of what i said, well, -->
you think Barca would be better off wihout that 50/60m a season
isn't exactly encouraging. We'll talk anyway. Not tonight.

JamDav1982

pretty insightful when i've said many times over already i won't go into it tonight, and maybe not here as well. And you already changing entirely the scope of what i said, well, --> isn't exactly encouraging. We'll talk anyway. Not tonight.

Im not changing the scope of what you have said.

You have said that Barca dont need shirt sponsorship to be competitive. Deals which the best estimate recently has been worth around 50/60m a season.

Of course they dont NEED the shirt money to be competitive on the park, just look at Atletico. But the point is having this type of financial deal gives club the BEST chance to compete at top level.

You seem to have made some opinion an then offered absolutely nothing to back it up, then suggested leave debate for a later time.

You then just repeat the same thing over and over and sneer at anyone that questions your opinion that has no real basis to it.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
When exactly did the socios vote on the matter? I asked this question before but it was ignored. I don't remember the socios voting on shirt sponsorship.

JamDav1982

When exactly did the socios vote on the matter? I asked this question before but it was ignored. I don't remember the socios voting on shirt sponsorship.

They approved shirt sponsorship at one of the assemblies years ago I am sure.

Edit: The inclusion of sponsorship on the shirt was agreed at the Assembly of Representatives in August 2003.

Not even sure the make up of that assembly and how exactly socios are represented in it though.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
They approved shirt sponsorship at one of the assemblies years ago I am sure.

I don't remember that. Any link?

I'm pretty sure that Unicef was put on the shirt, then that was used as a stepping stone to full shirt sponsorship.

Altomonte

Chelsea have just signed a £40 a year deal with Yokohama rubber, the worlds leading tyre manufacturer.

We should be looking at getting €50-€60 million a year shirt sponsorship.

Anything under €50 million is bad business.

I think an important factor for sponsors is Barca's strong Social Media position: ~ 150 million people following Barca. Is it known how the following breaks down by country? How many in Spain, in Europe, in the US, Middle East, Africa, Asia ...? Would Barca Board know those numbers and use them in upcoming negotiations?

Home of Barca Fans