André Gomes

Arizona Scott

how is real doing selling james, isco, bale and kovavic?

they do well sometimes in transfers and sometimes not. dont think their transfer savvy compares with liverpool or spurs or lyon or juve or atletico.

Arizona Scott

as far as gomes, who thought last summer someone would pay us 25 to take him? looked more like best case scenario was a loan we subsidized. i am glad he is off the books and we got anything. we got more than we paid for vidal--massive upgrade in the quality of substitute all around midfielder. remember we also turned a nice profit on mina.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Good luck to him. Never understood signing him in the first place. Another waste of money just like Coutinho and Dembele deals, but at least he's gone for good.

BarçaBarça

To be fair Llorente is better than Samper. People are unhappy about the price Barca sell their La Masia flops for but the truth is that our Masia doesn’t produce many good talents and most of them are overrated by Barca fans.

That being said the way Barca are handling Jasper is awful and Gomes could have gone for more.

What is wrong with Jaspers departure to Valencia, from his perspective? I think that is very much what he wants, and it is settled before the transfer window opens - how much more can you ask for as a player?
From club perspective I hope they committed to buy Rafinha/Denis for more than market value, to make the swap happen.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(

Good luck Andre.

I've heard one of the variables is B'dor win = 50M€, so it is a win-win in the end: he can fulfil his potential and we get loaded, haha ;)

clemente

At least he showed up in Everton to compensate those 22m for us, unlike Arda who nobody even wants to take him for free.

mia7007

how is real doing selling james, isco, bale and kovavic?

they do well sometimes in transfers and sometimes not. dont think their transfer savvy compares with liverpool or spurs or lyon or juve or atletico.
They will not find a team with Bale, too lazy player with high salary.
They bought first this year, and every team knows they want to sell so they are trying to offer lower amount or get players on loan

Adversus

This is what Adversus who is an Everton fan and watches their games has to say about Gomes

Now combine that with the fact that English clubs love to throw money left right and center and imo it's just a bad deal and we could have gotten 10m more as abbbs mentioned.

Perhaps I shouldn't get involved but we think we got a bargain however you also have to take into consideration Gomes wanted to come to us and I don't think we have a great deal of money to spend this summer plus I'm not sure Barca wanted to wait till the end of the summer which I'm sure Brands was willing to do.

We probably overpaid for Mina and probably underpaid for both Digne and Gomes. Win some you lose some.

Arizona Scott

Perhaps I shouldn't get involved but we think we got a bargain however you also have to take into consideration Gomes wanted to come to us and I don't think we have a great deal of money to spend this summer plus I'm not sure Barca wanted to wait till the end of the summer which I'm sure Brands was willing to do.

We probably overpaid for Mina and probably underpaid for both Digne and Gomes. Win some you lose some.

Yep, good reading of it. However I am not sure you really underpaid for Gomes--that will take years to sort out. I am just glad he isn't a matter for us to deal with. We also have a nice player named Denis for you, 15 and he is yours.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

Yes you did get a bargain. We're still looking for a left back to help Alba....jeeez we are thick.

Adversus

Yes you did get a bargain. We're still looking for a left back to help Alba....jeeez we are thick.

Not really. Digne is too good to sit on the bench and after a couple of seasons seeing him lose his place in the French squad etc it was time for him to go. Frankly it was a mistake for his career to join Barca.

Now you could try and keep an unhappy player but when does that ever work?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Was he that unhappy? I don't remember him ever complaining? Ernesto would have rotated him a lot more in his second( or third, I can't recall) season.

Home of Barca Fans