André Gomes

Catta

Real will get 40 mil for Llorente who played 1000 minutes in the last two seasons combined, while we get half of that for Gomes. We are the most pathetic club at selling players.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Real will get 40 mil for Llorente who played 1000 minutes in the last two seasons combined, while we get half of that for Gomes. We are the most pathetic club at selling players.

They are apparently also close to selling Raul de Tomas to Benfica for 20 mil. Meanwhile this club is getting peanuts for Andre gomes and are about to get scammed in the Jasper-Neto swap deal. This just confirms that the Yerry Mina sale was pure miracle and not that the board improved in selling players like we had hoped. Back to pure shithousery.

khaled_a_d

RM also failed to get 40M for James after paying twice the price of Gomes while we sold Mina for 20M profit just after 6 months.
The market is crazy tbh and tough to make those comparisons, 25 is just about the right value for Andre, at least it won't be another loan till his contract expires

messi2140

6racies Xavi
RM also failed to get 40M for James after paying twice the price of Gomes while we sold Mina for 20M profit just after 6 months.
The market is crazy tbh and tough to make those comparisons, 25 is just about the right value for Andre, at least it won't be another loan till his contract expires

And they will get easily get that 40M or even more somewhere else. You think Florentino will accept it if Bayern suddenly started lowballing him ?

Even by the off chance Real wont be able to sell James you are looking at one of the few cases under Florentino where he didnt recoup a "loss" (James is still a WC player) , while when it comes to Barca it's has become a norm (Gomes , Denis , Arda, Munir etc.). So I do find it a bit hilarious how you are just casually are comparing those 2. It's what it is though.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

And they will get easily get that 40M or even more somewhere else. You think Florentino will accept it if Bayern suddenly started lowballing him ?

Even by the off chance Real wont be able to sell James you are looking at one of the few cases under Florentino where he didnt recoup a "loss" (James is still a WC player) , while when it comes to Barca it's has become a norm (Gomes , Denis , Arda, Munir etc.). So I do find it a bit hilarious how you are just casually are comparing those 2. It's what it is though.

But Barca is spending like crazy and overpaying for players.
Of course that then there is a higher chance to lose the money.

Dembele 145m.
Realistic worth 70-80m.
Coutinho 165m.
Worth then 80m.
Worth today: even less.
Gomes overpaid.
Malcom overpaid.
Arda overpaid.

I mean, imagine if we sell Dembele this summer and we get 70m for him.
People would say: we suck at selling.

Lol, a guy was never worth even close to what we paid.
People will say: we got 222m for Neymar.
Lol, new buyers of Dembele or Coutinho won't care about that.
And then if a player fails here, his real price is going down even more.

Not to mention that we are paying crazy wages.
And then a new team has to offer similar wages.
And that means that then they will need to offer less for a transfer fee...
And that's it.

1. Real didn't make too many panic buys or electoral signings like we did
2. And their players have lower wages

So:
1. When they sell players, there is a lower chance for them to lose money (since they are not overpaying in terms if transfer fees as we are in the first place)
2. Plus, due to lower wages, when a player is signing for a new team, they can ask for a higher transfer fee since his wages are low

Yet... we are giving 16m wages to Frenkie and De Ligt and 12m plus bonuses to Dembele.
No wonder that we can't sell our players for a decent fee after that.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
But Barca is spending like crazy and overpaying for players.
Of course that then there is a higher chance to lose the money.

Dembele 145m.
Realistic worth 70-80m.
Coutinho 165m.
Worth then 80m.
Worth today: even less.
Gomes overpaid.
Malcom overpaid.
Arda overpaid.

I mean, imagine if we sell Dembele this summer and we get 70m for him.
People would say: we suck at selling.

Lol, a guy was never worth even close to what we paid.
People will say: we got 222m for Neymar.
Lol, new buyers of Dembele or Coutinho won't care about that.
And then if a player fails here, his real price is going down even more.

Not to mention that we are paying crazy wages.
And then a new team has to offer similar wages.
And that means that then they will need to offer less for a transfer fee...
And that's it.

1. Real didn't make too many panic buys or electoral signings like we did
2. And their players have lower wages

So:
1. When they sell players, there is a lower chance for them to lose money (since they are not overpaying in terms if transfer fees as we are in the first place)
2. Plus, due to lower wages, when a player is signing for a new team, they can ask for a higher transfer fee since his wages are low

Yet... we are giving 16m wages to Frenkie and De Ligt and 12m plus bonuses to Dembele.
No wonder that we can't sell our players for a decent fee after that.

and that's squarely on the board.

khaled_a_d

Bayern lowballing him? They already did successfully
Bayern got him on loan for 2 years on their own terms, and had an option to buy with 40M that they have declined because he isn't worth it.

And not just him, they tried to get rid of Bale for years and failed, and many of their players didn't get them the needed money.

You answered yourself here: James is still a WC player
Gomes isn't
25M for a player like Gomes is more than a fair value, he isn't a loss
We lost when we paid 35M+ for him, not when we sold him.

Sellers can't dictate the price of their flops, our problem is that we have too flops, so yes when you sell them you look like you are selling low, when in fact you just sold them with right price, but have bought them with wrong one.

BBZ actually explained it in more details

MTL_Barca

I think 25M would be decent, i mean from Barca perspective the worst that could happen is actually getting that donkey back so take the money and run :lol:

Arizona Scott

I think 25M would be decent, i mean from Barca perspective the worst that could happen is actually getting that donkey back so take the money and run :lol:

I am with 25 too. 2 years ago seemed like a subsidized loan was the best we could do just keep him away from other players. Take it.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Bayern lowballing him? They already did successfully
Bayern got him on loan for 2 years on their own terms, and had an option to buy with 40M that they have declined because he isn't worth it.

And not just him, they tried to get rid of Bale for years and failed, and many of their players didn't get them the needed money.

Nah they didnt. They had a deal where they they could have bought James for 40 mil back when the market wasnt as ridiculous as it is now ( But for a player like James , I do feel they should have asked more). And now they will get 40 or easily more somewhere else if they were to sell him. One more thing regarding that James deal : Real got 5 million each season he played under Bayern.
And as I said , those are one offs compared that what is the norm at Barca.

You answered yourself here: James is still a WC player
Gomes isn't
25M for a player like Gomes is more than a fair value, he isn't a loss
We lost when we paid 35M+ for him, not when we sold him.

Sellers can't dictate the price of their flops, our problem is that we have too flops, so yes when you sell them you look like you are selling low, when in fact you just sold them with right price, but have bought them with wrong one.

BBZ actually explained it in more details

Yh Gomes isnt a as good as James clearly , but Gomes played fairly well for Everton and for them to just offer 25 mil in the current state of this market where English clubs are throwing money is hilarious. Actual flops Barca couldnt offload are just the worst cases , there have been more examples where the player at Barca played well and the club still got peanuts for them ( Sanchez , Cesc , Mathieu , etc.) while in that time Real sold their players for a killing (Higuain , Ozil , Di Maria etc).

Or is Jasper also such a fucking flop that a straight swap deal for Neto is such a good piece of business , because you seem to love that deal.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Nah they didnt. They had a deal where they they could have bought James for 40 mil back when the market wasnt as ridiculous as it is now ( But for a player like James , I do feel they should have asked more). And now they will get 40 or easily more somewhere else if they were to sell him.

Rumours of James going to Napoli for 50 mil. :lol: :lol: :lol: please tell me more how both Real and Barcelona have these "bad deals.

khaled_a_d

Nah they didnt. They had a deal where they they could have bought James for 40 mil back when the market wasnt as ridiculous as it is now ( But for a player like James , I do feel they should have asked more). And now they will get 40 or easily more somewhere else if they were to sell him. One more thing regarding that James deal : Real got 5 million each season he played under Bayern.
And as I said , those are one offs compared that what is the norm at Barca.

Yh Gomes isnt a as good as James clearly , but Gomes played fairly well for Everton and for them to just offer 25 mil in the current state of this market where English clubs are throwing money is hilarious. Actual flops Barca couldnt offload are just the worst cases , there have been more examples where the player at Barca played well and the club still got peanuts for them ( Sanchez , Cesc , Mathieu , etc.) while in that time Real sold their players for a killing (Higuain , Ozil , Di Maria etc).

Or is Jasper also such a fucking flop that a straight swap deal for Neto is such a good piece of business , because you seem to love that deal.

-James was bought for over 70M, even if they get "50M" for him they lose same amount of money we lost in Gomes.
-Bayern surely low balled them, I am not sure how you can argue against that, a loan with an option to buy for a star caliber player like James is the worst possible deal, a 2 year loan is even worse. James is now 28 and Bayern decided he isn't worth it. If that isn't a text book low ball I am not sure what it is. RM fans reaction to this deal was even worse than us.

-Gomes was average with Everton, he wasn't good. Average players for 25M in this market is good deal.

-Higuain/Ozil/Di Maria? Are you serious? all of them were starters/border line starters and star players in Madrid when they were sold. Not sure how is that relevant to a flop like Gomes, keep your argument in context

-As for Jasper, I've already explained it, in current market he is worth 15M at best. He is 30 years old GK who played 32 games in past 3 years. Look at the list of most expensive GKs since 2001 most expensive GK who was 30 or more was Bravo for 18M and he was staring GK in Liga. Market value for older GK is slim.
Neto is very good GK btw, people are underrating him

messi2140

6racies Xavi
-James was bought for over 70M, even if they get "50M" for him they lose same amount of money we lost in Gomes.
-Bayern surely low balled them, I am not sure how you can argue against that, a loan with an option to buy for a star caliber player like James is the worst possible deal, a 2 year loan is even worse. James is now 28 and Bayern decided he isn't worth it. If that isn't a text book low ball I am not sure what it is. RM fans reaction to this deal was even worse than us.

-Gomes was average with Everton, he wasn't good. Average players for 25M in this market is good deal.

-Higuain/Ozil/Di Maria? Are you serious? all of them were starters/border line starters and star players in Madrid when they were sold. Not sure how is that relevant to a flop like Gomes, keep your argument in context

-As for Jasper, I've already explained it, in current market he is worth 15M at best. He is 30 years old GK who played 32 games in past 3 years. Look at the list of most expensive GKs since 2001 most expensive GK who was 30 or more was Bravo for 18M and he was staring GK in Liga. Market value for older GK is slim.
Neto is very good GK btw, people are underrating him

-They already got 10 mil for James fromp Bayern and are about to get potentially 50 from Napoli while at the same time they got a few years of good football out him while losing just 20 percent of their investment. While Barca is about to lose almost 50 percent of what they paid for Gomes. You cant just say both teams just lost 20 mil , thats not how it works. At worst it was a meh deal but it wasnt a lowball. Getting lowballed is whats happening now with Jasper and Gomes or what happened with Rafinha (which Barca luckily rejected).

-Average players in for 25 mil in this market isnt fine , especially when it comes to these English clubs who throw away money for shitty players.

-The reason why I mentioned Higuain/Ozil/Di Maria was because you are making it sound like Real and Barcelona both have the same amount of shitty deals (when its absolutely not the case) when it comes to selling players so my argument is in context just fine.

-And his the starter for the Dutch national team. 15 mil for Jasper is a good deal if were we back in 2014.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans