André Gomes

Clockwise

Buccaneer
He was shit under Enrique but so was Iniesta in the last season. I'd like to give him another shot under Valverde's management.

I'd give him another chance as well, but considering he kept dropping 2/10s for Portugal as well, I am not sure we are going to get any other result than we have already seen. Some may suggest he is mentally weak, but he gets alot of support from the managers he has had, so the problem is lying elsewhere.

Co0ter

His deficiencies have nothing to do with the manager. He's an average, arguably below average player. In no way, shape or form was he a world beater for Valencia and he has been awful for Portugal. Sell him while we can get at leaSt half of what we paid and move on before we start loaning him and paying wages for the remainder of his contract.

El Barcelona

I'd give him another chance as well, but considering he kept dropping 2/10s for Portugal as well, I am not sure we are going to get any other result than we have already seen. Some may suggest he is mentally weak, but he gets alot of support from the managers he has had, so the problem is lying elsewhere.
Jup agrees, his performance for NT is also abysmal so it's a gamble when we keep him another year. Rather sell him for a good offer and give Alena more chances to shine.

First0

His deficiencies have nothing to do with the manager. He's an average, arguably below average player. In no way, shape or form was he a world beater for Valencia and he has been awful for Portugal. Sell him while we can get at leaSt half of what we paid and move on before we start loaning him and paying wages for the remainder of his contract.

He was at his best in DM and got progressively worse the further up the pitch he was put. Since Valverde like the double pivot he might find him useful.

MIXA

Barcelona is not the club for him. It would be best to take advantage of this crazy market and move on.

I wonder if Gomes himself cannot see that he does not belong here. I can understand if the directors are blind, they just don't want to sell him and embarrass themselves.

Surely Gomes should be smart about this too. He isn't a technically strong player and he must know that he is out of his depth here. If he truly wants his career to progress at a rapid rate, Gomes himself would force a move to United or Chelsea or whoever wants him.

The best part is that Gomes won't even he taking a pay cut. He will probably get a raise and a chance to play in a system which suits him better. It truly is a win win.

Batistuta9

Our board is so shit. I was never impressed by him. We could have bought kovacic for cheaper last year, who would be better in our system.

behindbrowneyes

Our board is so shit. I was never impressed by him. We could have bought kovacic for cheaper last year, who would be better in our system.

Yes, Madrid would sell a player to us. Stop dreaming.

It is obvious why we can't sell Gomes. Our board obviously can't manage to buy a better player for that price.

Garrus

The idea that a player can be scraped and branded a failure after a single one season, Never made sense to me, Specially when it involves a midfielder, And for a team like barca, It's a tricky position, Specially isn't as easy to integrate into as a CB or a full back, And i know what i'm about to show will trigger many, And blow the bubble they've wrapped themselves around.

asdasfa.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/368112/Luka-Modric-tops-poll-as-worst-signing-of-the-year
Oh yeah, That actually happened, He was voted by marca as the worst signing, Followed by alex song!!
And for those ready to start straw-manning me, As if somehow i'm suggesting that every player who under-performs in his first season will somehow turn world class the next, Then no, That's not my point.
But the idea that some how a lack-luster first season condems and reduce a player as a faliure, Just doesn't line up with the real world.
I'll give gomes a second chance this season, It's the sensible thing to do.

blaugrana1987

The idea that a player can be scraped and branded a failure after a single one season, Never made sense to me, Specially when it involves a midfielder, And for a team like barca, It's a tricky position, Specially isn't as easy to integrate into as a CB or a full back, And i know what i'm about to show will trigger many, And blow the bubble they've wrapped themselves around.

asdasfa.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/368112/Luka-Modric-tops-poll-as-worst-signing-of-the-year
Oh yeah, That actually happened, He was voted by marca as the worst signing, Followed by alex song!!
And for those ready to start straw-manning me, As if somehow i'm suggesting that every player who under-performs in his first season will somehow turn world class the next, Then no, That's not my point.
But the idea that some how a lack-luster first season condems and reduce a player as a faliure, Just doesn't line up with the real world.
Garrus fuck of. Dont ever compare Modric (an absolut gem Levy never wanted to sell) to player that came with another two "gems" from 14th placed club in La Liga. Ever.

Gomes didnt look good in portugal shirt and he didnt look great in Valencia shirt. He cant justify the money spent on him because he lacks talent. He just doesnt have what it takes.

Zincubus

Banned
Garrus fuck of. Dont ever compare Modric (an absolut gem Levy never wanted to sell) to player that came with another two "gems" from 14th placed club in La Liga. Ever.

Gomes didnt look good in portugal shirt and he didnt look great in Valencia shirt. He cant justify the money spent on him because he lacks talent. He just doesnt have what it takes.

So why where so many top teams in for him last summer ( and this ) ... Real Madrid were supposedly livid that he chose us over them and he was top of Zidane's shopping list last year apparently .
You're not telling me that Zidane can't tell a talented player when he sees one !?!

I admit to being disappointed with much if Gomes's okay last season but he's not the only player to have struggled in his first season and I'm guessing that Barca may actually be one of THE most difficult places to blend in. ??

blaugrana1987

So why where so many top teams in for him last summer ( and this ) ... Real Madrid were supposedly livid that he chose us over them and he was top of Zidane's shopping list last year apparently .
You're not telling me that Zidane can't tell a talented player when he sees one !?!

I admit to being disappointed with much if Gomes's okay last season but he's not the only player to have struggled in his first season and I'm guessing that Barca may actually be one of THE most difficult places to blend in. ??
They werent for christ sake! Who said it wasnt a ploy by our friend mendes to jack up the price? Guy is not talented enough. He is too big and not agile enough. He is not quick on his feet and doesnt have what it takes, mentally, to dominate midfield.

Therefore he is a failure.

God Serena

asdasfa.jpg

That's the express. I don't know what they're on about but I remember that poll vividly and Alex Song was actually voted as worst signing, with Modric being second. The poll was also conducted in November/December, so Modric had only been playing for Madrid for 3 and a half months or so when results came in. Compared to Gomes, who was an okay at best midfielder for a lower half of the table team who played like utter shit for an entire season for both club and country and didn't even care enough about showing he can improve to cut vacations short and actually attend pre-season...

Butaan4barca

asdasfa.jpg

i am sure, not a single person who voted for that watched him at spurs. Modric was already a star there.

Home of Barca Fans