André Gomes

Andrew M

Regarding football radars... Found this gem.

VhPN30r_d.jpg

This was the season before we signed him...

In what world is this even remotely good enough to play for us? Lol.

I agree that is poor, and I'm not defending Gomes, but scouting is a lot more than just perusing stats.

M

MessiCam

I agree that is poor, and I'm not defending Gomes, but scouting is a lot more than just perusing stats.

I agree but we were using radars in the Thiago thread to compare “controller” contributions. This morning I went through the folder and found that and just had to share it.

Gomes was signed at the behest of Lucho in his more direct system so I get that. But as far as I’m concerned he was always a misfit.

Andrew M

I agree but we were using radars in the Thiago thread to compare “controller” contributions. This morning I went through the folder and found that and just had to share it.

Gomes was signed at the behest of Lucho in his more direct system so I get that. But as far as I’m concerned he was always a misfit.

Yeah he has to move on as far as i'm concerned. I remember watching him a lot in his first season at Valencia and he did look great. But it was poor signing in retrospect

Saladin

So sick of his face, this summers Arda; you can just sense it, dropped for the World Cup and no-one and their grandmother would offer to buy him - We will either see him leave on loan to a Turkish/Italian/English midtable club or miraculously being sold off for 15 mil euros to a club coming in out of nowhere (maybe a Portuguese club or whatever).

Bringing in Arda, Gomes and Paco (all for around 30-50 mil euros) should be our biggest motivation for bringing Thiago back. Quality signings or La Masia; no middle-ground shit that we will be stuck with, we are already stockpiled as it is (Paulinho was a lucky shot but even he will be a nuisance to get rid of in a year or two).

If we manage to get anywhere near 20 mil euros for the likes of Paco and Gomes (which we justifiably should, but ... you know, Pep Segura and the baboon squad) and got rid of Vidal, Santos, D. Suarez, Munir for decent fees.... This would in my opinion be so much bigger an effort than bringing in the likes of Griezmann/Eriksen. We need to reshape the team, and the focus has to be put on both in - and outgoings to keep a strong, dynamic, high-quality team balanced with the right amount of competition, depth and morale.

gregorrin10

So what's going on here? Any news on getting rid of this guy? Since he's not playing the World Cup i would assume this would actually help us wrapping up a deal sooner rather than later and finally sell him, which i really hope we CAN actually do it. Get rid of him, even if we take a 15M or so hit on him, since in best case scenario i can see getting like 20M for him. I really hope this chicken Board finally admits their mistake and take the financial hit, just as long as he's out of our club. Just please not a fucking loan, i'm so tired of us clinging on to shit players, who we know ain't gonna make it here ever, and then having the same problem every summer, when they come back from their loans. Need to offer him to Wolverhampton, they were very interested in him a few weeks ago and their fans were actually super excited at the prospect of getting him, plus he'd fit really well there along with the Portuguese colony they've got going on there, with their manager, who knows and values Gomes from before with Valencia, so that's another plus...and together with Ruben Neves they could be the main midfielders in their team, as they also need some big names for the top flight this season, following Rui Patricio, another Portuguese.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Guess this will drag out longer, i mean who would go for Andre Gomes at the start of the summer? :lol:

We'll probably have to hope somebody buys him later this summer and may end up with loaning him out in August if nobody offers any real money.

Trickykid

Guess this will drag out longer, i mean who would go for Andre Gomes at the start of the summer? :lol:

We'll probably have to hope somebody buys him later this summer and may end up with loaning him out in August if nobody offers any real money.

Nah, not really. Lots of midrange clubs could easily be interested in him, only depending on the fee we're asking.

MTL_Barca

Nah, not really. Lots of midrange clubs could easily be interested in him, only depending on the fee we're asking.

Well yeah but unless it's from the PL no small club can afford his Barca salary and/or pay us more than 10-15M and we probably hope to get more of our money back.

Jombi

Well yeah but unless it's from the PL no small club can afford his Barca salary and/or pay us more than 10-15M and we probably hope to get more of our money back.

We should be happy if we can loan him out and the club he's loaned to pay most of his wage.

clemente

Why do we always have that 1 failure of a player, that we know he wont make it and hes just choking on our money, how could purchase like this ever happen...

Home of Barca Fans