André Gomes

henias

How many times is this going to get repeated?

He is not saying he is 'depressed due to crowd booing' and anyway depression/anxiety can be caused by any reason for any individual.

Exactly tats what ppl are implying. So I said it's not and it doesnt work this way.

henias

But that could cotribute to stress/depression. Not that he is claiming that it could be a contributing factor.

You cant categorise what the cause cant be for each individual.

It could but we dont know for sure if he was having depression in the first place, if people were talking about whether the incident could have contributed some stress then yes. Looking at the bright side, he doesnt play every match so I dont think it is to the extent that he could take it no more just because crowd is booing him for one instant. Depression isn't feeling like shit for a few days because of one incident, it is the constant darkness of helplessness. Booing isnt that extreme but if he has existing condition then yes.

But no one knows for sure.

I'm just correcting people who say the incident is the main contributing factor and the fans are to be blamed for being the main cause of his depression.

Of course, booing someone is not very classy so I'm not talking shit or trying to bring down Gomes.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It could but we dont know for sure if he was having depression in the first place, if people were talking about whether the incident could have contributed some stress then yes. Looking at the bright side, he doesnt play every match so I dont think it is to the extent that he could take it no more because crowd is booing him for one day. Depression isn't feeling like shit for a few days because of one incident, it is the constant darkness of helplessness. Booing isnt that extreme but if he has existing condition then yes.

But no one knows for sure.

I'm just correcting people who say the incident is the contributing factor and the fans are to be blamed for being the main cause of his depression.

Where did Hamzah say it was down to crowd booing in the comment you responded to?

Again no one as far as I can see is arguing he is depressed due to the booing. You seem to be arguing against that when not being said.

How qualified are you to speak on depression and causes of it?

henias

Where did Hamzah say it was down to crowd booing in the comment you responded to?

Again no one as far as I can see is arguing he is depressed due to the booing. You seem to be arguing against that when not being said.

How qualified are you to speak on depression and causes of it?

But how can one conclude he has depression just by him saying all these to the press?

How qualified is Hamzah to make that statement?

Windhook

The low opinion on his footballing skills is hijacked by this media stunt.

It really doesn't matter at this point. Gomes will still fail even with the crowd backing/applauding/supporting him, he's just mentally not prepared for big matches. Did anyone boo him at the start of the Atletico Madrid game? No. All this negativity is his fault, Camp Nou crowd is more patient than the folks at Bernabeu.

JamDav1982

But how can one conclude he has depression just by him saying all these to the press?

How qualified is Hamzah to make that statement?

Well obviously can challenge that and to state he 'has depression' is not what Gomes himself has said.

To then say someone in his position could not possibly have it or cant have it due to crowd booing when no one saying that is no better really.

Clearly he is struggling a bit mentally and doesnt come across as sympathy ploy to me it comes across as him being honest and admitting not been good enough.

Folk moaning about this driving down his price are probably same ones that were cheering on the camp nou booing him even if it makes him worse and drives down his price.

R

reaper

What he has said is quite clever actually - makes Barcelona look mean if we ditch him in the summer.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Oh shut the fuck up, you don't know the first thing about mental illness you god damned twat. I do, though. Not feeling good at work because you suck at your job isn't depression. Fighting off thoughts of suicide months after fully recovering from your third surgery and feeling like absolute shit all day long for no explainable reason is what depression is. You and Gomes both can take your fucking first world problems and shove them up your asses.

I have suffered from anxiety although it has improved recently. Thankfully I don't have depression.

Ok, I am not sure if andre gomes meets the official diagnosis for these conditions, although some of what he said are indicators of these problems. My point still stands about people being insensitive after he has opened up about his personal issues.

henias

Well obviously can challenge that and to state he 'has depression' is not what Gomes himself has said.

To then say someone in his position could not possibly have it or cant have it due to crowd booing when no one saying that is no better really.

Clearly he is struggling a bit mentally and doesnt come across as sympathy ploy to me it comes across as him being honest and admitting not been good enough.

Folk moaning about this driving down his price are probably same ones that were cheering on the camp nou booing him even if it makes him worse and drives down his price.

One side says he has depression, the other says no.

If u said I'm not qualified, that how qualified is someone who says he has? How can he challenge that when he himself dont know for sure. If u say I'm wrong than Hamzah cant be right either. Unless he is a qualified doctor, who has spoken to him one to one.

JamDav1982

One side says he has depression, the other says no.

If u said I'm not qualified, that how qualified is someone who says he has? How can he challenge that when he himself dont know for sure. If u say I'm wrong than Hamzah cant be right either. Unless he is a qualified doctor, who has spoken to him one to one.

I just said that anyone claiming he is depressed is not going on what Gomes said. Although Hamzah did not say it is due to crowd booing in way you responded as if did.

Just as bad as folk making up all these reasons why he couldnt be or should not be having any of those anxious feelings.

Anyone for any reason can get depression/anxiety.

This idea of 'he cant feel like that I know what it really is' is more attention seeking than anything Gomes has said.

Horatio

You're welcome
My stance is he could have depression and anxiety but at this point we don't know. Being in a slump is what everyone goes through from time to time. Too early to assume his issue is depression and anxiety from this interview.

Neymar cried at a conference because he was hurt by what people were saying. I won't conclude he has munchausen syndrome solely from that.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

It's the opposite, he's saying that thanks to his depression he can't show on the pitch what he's capable of.

He isn't admitting he's not good enough to play for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans