André Gomes

ronniecro

is it popular now to defend this guy?wherever i go i see people praising him and hoping he stays next for next season just because he's got "loads of potential"

Co0ter

He's bad and some of us have been saying it the second we saw him play. There are clear deficiencies in his game that were noticable immediately. Despite being tall, almost no physicality whatsoever and is bad in the air. Also very slow. Who cares what his max speed is when his acceleration is awful. He's sluggish and not agile. He's a vulnerability on counters just like Busquets- players run right by him.

Over the course of the season you are able to evaluate that he is perfectly average on the ball and despite scoring 1-2 screamers in the past his shooting is very bad. Every shot is 5 yards to the side or over the crossbar.

And of course the worst part about him is the lack of urgency all season long. He trots around like a donkey, like he belongs there and has no desire to run his ass off and prove himself. No desire, just a fucking passenger. I want him nowhere near my team because while some parts of his game, and it'd have to be A LOT, could improve he'd still be average. Sell while you can.

Last edited:

God Serena

He's bad and some of us have been saying it the second we saw him play. There are clear deficiencies in his game that were noticable immediately. Despite being tall, almost no physicality whatsoever and is bad in the air. Also very slow. Who cares what his max speed is when his acceleration is awful. He's sluggish and not agile. He's a vulnerability on counters just like Busquets- players run right by him.

Over the course of the season you are able to evaluate that he is perfectly average on the ball and despite scoring 1-2 screamers in the past his shooting is very bad. Every shot is 5 yards to the side or over the crossbar.

And of course the worst part about him is the lack of urgency all season long. He trots around like a donkey, like he belongs there and has no desire to run his ass off and prove himself. No desire, just a fucking passenger. I want him nowhere near my team because while some parts of his game, and it'd have to be A LOT, could improve he'd still be average. Sell while you can.

But he has to adapt. I'm sure his physicality, technical qualities, shooting ability, and forward passing will all improve if he just starts to understand that he should be doing those things better.

:lol:

Goat10

Gomes signing was surely based on youtube compilations.Lucho was too busy watching tour de france to read scouting reports.
Worst player on the pitcch tho..😠

Devils

Not even watching the match, nor am I going to.

It's summer, I shouldn't have to torture myself by watching this guy play. That can wait until August.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
With the exception of Suarez during Lucho's tenure here the idea here was always to buy cheap, "good players," save a lot of money, and somehow hope they turn out great.

Apparently someone -Lucho or someone else in our board- thought they were soo smart doing this and had fantastic eye for spotting underrated talents and what they were doing was just pure genius. The truth is they accumulated a bunch average to shitty, or ultimately unsuitable players for our team.

Mathieu, Rakitic, Rafinha, Vermaelen, Douglas, Turan, Vidal, Digne, D. Suarez, Alcacer, and the king himself Andre "lead feet" Gomes. None of them are anything special, and to be honest even the likes of Rakitic who I consider a good player but I still include him cus he was just ultimately a short term solution, our midfield is still shit with him or without him.

Only Umtiti can be rescued as a truly WC signing from this little experiment these idiots had.

clemente

Not sure how to feel about him, everything in the end product ends up giving the ball away, but it felt like he was the most involved player for Portugal, always available for ball, wouldn't be surprised if he covered the most distance, I'm surprised how he managed to get like 10 chances to score, of course he never finished it, I feel like hes just super unconfident.
Feels good to see that woman lose, didn't have Marcelo, Carvajal or Eder to save him

serghei

Not sure how to feel about him, everything in the end product ends up giving the ball away, but it felt like he was the most involved player for Portugal, always available for ball, wouldn't be surprised if he covered the most distance, I'm surprised how he managed to get like 10 chances to score, of course he never finished it, I feel like hes just super unconfident.
Feels good to see that woman lose, didn't have Marcelo, Carvajal or Eder to save him

His shooting was awful in this game, and it needs major improvement overall I'd say. Way too many skied shots for this level. But his passing was good, his work rate good, and first touch was good as well in this match. Found some clever through balls at times too. Not really a horrible game. Won the ball several times, and closed some dangerous channels in defense on time (he struggles with that usually, but this match he was okay).

Last edited:
R

reaper

Gomes was very poor tonight, but it is understandable why. Like with Arda, the better the opposition, the weaker they are - sadly for Barcelona - we have to play many good teams. Gomes looked terrible tonight. Poor touch, poor technique - poor shooting - looked lost. I really hope he goes asap. Like i said at the beginning of last season - that we would not win the league with Arda around (proved correct much to hatred of certain Arda supporters on here who reported me for me trolling!) - this is the same weakness. The player is terrible - and what is more, he is slow.

Home of Barca Fans