André Gomes

Andrew M

Gomes has no chance with some people .

I'm Rakitics biggest critic , don't think he's good enough for us but after a poor start I am mature enough to say that he had a good game overall ..

100% effort and good closing down , bet he covered more distance than most as well .

What would Rakitic have to do to convince you?

jamrock

I'm Rakitics biggest critic , don't think he's good enough for us but after a poor start I am mature enough to say that he had a good game overall ..

100% effort and good closing down , bet he covered more distance than most as well .

The man who thinks rakitic isn't good enough for us, thinks Gomes is.

That's it I'm done.

jamrock

this is just fantastic,he plays two and a half good games and opinions about him completely change,he's been here 1,5 years but lets keep giving him chances so maybe he will gain confidence,looks like the results are showing now,he had couple of good touches tonight. Just imagine if we give so much opportunities to jeffren or cuenca,they would be balon d'or material now

Exactly he is okish in a few games, but for the minutes he as played over two seasons he as been trash.

If we had given those chances to Alena he would be doing way better I'm sure, even freaking samper & delou.

Vilarrubi

Gomes has had every chance with us. 65 games in fact! Fans are just tired of him being given game time and not showing anything.

Windhook

Fanboy stuff here. I start to think you guys like Andre Gomes for reasons not related to football. Like Japan's obsession with David Beckham 15-20 years ago.:satorra:

raskolnikov

He does really try but even at best he wont be more than a back up. We should sell him in a summer but when he gives his all I dont mind him as a rotation player.

I think he had a great first half, although he still lacking on that final pass. If he can improve that, he might actually become a good player for us.

God Serena

Better than last season but still not anything great. I can tell he's now putting in a lot more effort but he just doesn't seem to be good enough. When both he and Rakitic both put in the work to try and perform well the difference between them is like night and day. Unless Coutinho is the last addition we make to our midfield for the next several seasons I don't see how he'll last longer than another season here.

henias

What on earth are you on about ... it was probably his best game tonight and he was one of the best players in the first hand when we the team as as whole were poor .

The manager had a short word in his ear when play was stopped as managers do ... He wasn't shouting at him all night at all ..

After 1.5 years this is the "best game" he can give? All he did was managed to shield the ball better, and kept possession but overall he still was the worst player on the field compared to the rest. It was nothing special. Rakitic on the other hand is having one of the best games of his life, he converted almost everything crosses, long passes, duels, shots on target, 1 goals, 1 assist. I wasnt a fan of Rakitic but I think he really deserved credit this time. Gomes on the other hand was only average, just a couple of side long passes, was dispossessed 4 times, won only 2 duels out of 11 and that's all.

M

MessiCam

Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch the games. Gomes wasn't ok, he wasn't decent... He was just shit.

Other than carrying the ball for a few runs he was dispossessed a few times, misplaced basic passes which led to turnovers, won nothing when under pressure and when he pressured the opponents they still came away with the ball. He didn't draw much fouls but he was dishing them out like it was Christmas.

To top it all off he offered nothing in the final third as has been the case all season... Didn't create anything, in fact his passes in the final third for the season are only better than Mascherano, Paco, Dembele, Digne and Vermaelen.

Think about that...

He should be put in the shopping window.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He looks like a decent backup for LW now. And when I say decent, decent in terms of we can get by as we have Messi, Busquets, Suarez and co. to pull through.

Thing is, when Coutinho and Iniesta return they will be rotating in that spot and Gomes will probably be shifted to backup for defensive midfielders and I think he'll struggle there.

Best scenario would be to sell him in summer but Valverde is a fan so that's not gonna happen.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I see jamdav is back in here. But no word for a week after his recent bad performances.

As I said. Gomes gets dragged by the team when everyone is playing well but does nothing in tough games.

Home of Barca Fans