André Gomes

Adversus

As I said in the chat, we didn`t have anyone on the wings trying to do something. Our wingers were basically Alba and Gomes so 1vs1 play on the wings was non-existent, they were just trying to pass the ball into the middle, which was congested. A pretty stupid idea by Valverde to cripple our other wing, when we already have the left wing crippled with only Alba there. When Deulofeu came on, he actually ran at the defenders with the ball, so they had to give him more attention and leave more space in the central part, resulting in us playing much better.

Valverde, enough with your fucking 442.

Gomes was pretty solid, IMO.

I think he's playing a 442 to get Iniesta into the team. Iniesta can't defend and can't play on the wing so Barca are left having to play this lopsided formation. Even when Dembele is back I suspect he will still play a 442 in the big games.

Windhook

It's not 4-4-2. I don't know where you get that idea. If we played in such formation that would make Iniesta left midfielder, which he clearly is not. To me it is still the fluid Cruyff total football 4-3-3 system. Check this video
[youtube]7NZ0byEyeOA[/youtube]

qQZiA6Yh.png

iup6Z8Nh.png

DyEXGLHh.png

M

MessiCam

It's not 4-4-2. I don't know where you get that idea. If we played in such formation that would make Iniesta left midfielder, which he clearly is not. To me it is still the fluid Cruyff total football 4-3-3 system. Check this video
[youtube]7NZ0byEyeOA[/youtube]
It's all good and well using screen shots in an attacking transition but they clearly played 4-4-2.

49% of Iniesta's touches were on the left flank and 51% in the half space... 54% of the touches in the final third. That's a lot of touches out wide on the left for a central midfielder.

Gomes on the other hand had 35% of his touches on the right flank. Thats 35% of touches in 90 minutes which included a formation change compared to Iniesta's 49% in 60 minutes.... 56% of those touches were in the final third.

The forwards Suarez and Messi had 75 and 65% of their touches in the final third respectively... Deulofeu who came on as a wing had 70% of his touches in the final third.

So a clear 4-4-2 system employed.

Windhook

So a clear 4-4-2 system employed.

Yeah, sure. Sometimes it's clear 1-7-2 when Pique rushes forward to collect the ball after Rakitic and Andre Gomes fuck up.

Iniesta is playing at the same old position that he's been playing for a long time now. He is roaming the very same space when Neymar used to play for the club, but the media didn't call it 4-4-2 back then. What happened when Deulofeu replaced Iniesta. Was he a RM or RW?

M

MessiCam

Yeah, sure. Sometimes it's clear 1-7-2 when Pique rushes forward to collect the ball after Rakitic and Andre Gomes fuck up.

Iniesta is playing at the same old position that he's been playing for a long time now. He is roaming the very same space when Neymar used to play for the club, but the media didn't call it 4-4-2 back then. What happened when Deulofeu replaced Iniesta. Was he a RM or RW?

Deulofeu came on as RW. Valverde would be crazy to play Gomes as a RW.

Anyway, Valverde's 4-4-2 stems from his defensive pragmatism and he has employed it in 4 straight games now the worst of it against Sporting and Las Palmas.

iPhone 1586.jpg iPhone 1591.jpg

These are the average positions of the players in those games... Bare in mind that Denis moved from LM to RW in the second half against Las Palmas and hence his average position is a little skewed.

It's pretty clear for all to see that he's settled on a 4-4-2 system since Dembele's injury.

clemente

Everything is fucking rigged here, how does he get minutes and Denis don't? He is so fucking unagile, Xavi could turn 360 5 times while Gomes can just tilt his head to the left, Suarez at 40 years old will move faster than him, why is he still here and how does he get minutes??

FCBfan22

21022016114426165120013-1000x0.jpg

"I'm gonna vote for that Portugese lad, he won a lot last year... What's his name? Fuck I forgot... Bring me a picture of the Portugese team. (an assistant brings him the picture of the Portugal national team). My wife said he is a good looking lad. Should be this one. What is his name? Andre Gomes."

Home of Barca Fans