André Gomes

Sepuldinho

Can't play well in big games, can't play well in easy games, can't play well with our starters, can't play well with our backups...

I wonder when the excuses will finally run out?

no excuses left, he wont fit our midfield. feel sorry for him, shouldnt be here. might fit somewhere else

Neymessi

I wouldn't blame the board or lucho for signing him. Everyone is acting now how he should never be signed in the first place when back he came as a complete surprise signing everyone was optimistic.

What makes me boil is how he keeps getting the starting spot after playing terrible match after match.

People are gonna say he could take time and age is on his side. I will say he will never do shit, he just doesn't fit us at all. We should sell him to liverpool next season for 30m or something.

BarçaBarça

I wouldn't blame the board or lucho for signing him. Everyone is acting now how he should never be signed in the first place when back he came as a complete surprise signing everyone was optimistic.

What makes me boil is how he keeps getting the starting spot after playing terrible match after match.

People are gonna say he could take time and age is on his side. I will say he will never do shit, he just doesn't fit us at all. We should sell him to liverpool next season for 30m or something.

I still think it is fair to blame them for signing him, I don't remember many who knew him who was really excited about him. There were safe-bets like Gundogan on the market who definitely would fit our style, when fit.

But, yeah the most annoying thing is Enriques stubbornness, when he plays him from the start even after being worst man on the pitch last game. That is close to trolling? Denis hasn't been great and Rafinha neither, but at least they have shown in glimpses that they are capable of greatness - Gomes hasn't given any suggestion of such, but he keeps being picked, it is so weird.

We paid 35 M, and he has performed like shit, why would anyone pay 30? If we demand +25M a loan is more realistic, imo.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I still think it is fair to blame them for signing him, I don't remember many who knew him who was really excited about him. There were safe-bets like Gundogan on the market who definitely would fit our style, when fit.

But, yeah the most annoying thing is Enriques stubbornness, when he plays him from the start even after being worst man on the pitch last game. That is close to trolling? Denis hasn't been great and Rafinha neither, but at least they have shown in glimpses that they are capable of greatness - Gomes hasn't given any suggestion of such, but he keeps being picked, it is so weird.

We paid 35 M, and he has performed like shit, why would anyone pay 30? If we demand +25M a loan is more realistic, imo.

When he was signed, most of the people here were very very happy. Even with the high price tag people were not giving much fucks saying he was a proper CM which we have lacked since xavi left and 40m is not much at all in todays market. Even I was optimistic about him and never thought he would be this shit. But right now everyone is blaming lucho and board for signing them as if he was always going to fail.

The right blame should be only on Lucho for still not having understood that he was a failed experiment and who keeps playing him just like he used to keep playing mathieu at LB.

Even arda deserves to start ahead of gomes in midfield right now.

The whole forum will be hallelujahing if gomes doesn't start the next match.

Potroh

The whole forum will be hallelujahing if gomes doesn't start the next match.

I will definitely sing a hallelujah song if he is benched (or even left out from the squad) but I would be satisfied only if he got the same handling from the coach that Rakitic did.
Chances are alas minimal...

raskolnikov

I dont like how he is becoming a scapegoat. Lucho should shoulder the majority of the blame along with some players who lack motivation.
Gomes just doesnt fit our system and cant do better, its not his fault he was bought or put in midfield every week.
Get a coach with proper tactics and see if he fails as badly. If so then he should be sold.

behindbrowneyes

I dont like how he is becoming a scapegoat. Lucho should shoulder the majority of the blame along with some players who lack motivation.
Gomes just doesnt fit our system and cant do better, its not his fault he was bought or put in midfield every week.
Get a coach with proper tactics and see if he fails as badly. If so then he should be sold.

THIS!
Either you let him play a role he fits in (more like an box-to-box midfielder who is allowed to make deep runs) or you sit him onto the bench.
+ he can't fit our system when there is none.
I won't deny that Gomes is playing bad. So do Rakitic, Busquets, Denis and everyone else too. Difficult to perform if there is no plan. Even MSN stopped trusting their midfield and try to do more and more on their own. There is no connection between midfield and attack and none between defense and midfield. I refuse to blame a single player for this.

jamrock

I was against him, Turan and paco from day 1, it doesn't take much to see that a player isn't good enough or in the case of Turan doesn't fit. B

Vilarrubi

Either you let him play a role he fits in (more like an box-to-box midfielder who is allowed to make deep runs)

He will never have chance to play like that here, we don't play like that and the opposition doesn't allow us to do that. They either press us high or park the bus.

ATLBarcaFan

What more can be said, he has no business wearing a Barca shirt, just isn't good enough. He literally provides nothing to this team, that being said, he'll start next week.

Horatio

You're welcome
The biggest giveaway that he wasn't suited for Barca were his looks. He is too pretty for us. Would have fitted better among Real players.

JamDav1982

Tin hat on here but..... I still think he COULD be a good player in a more midfield orientated set up and with more confidence.

Would have more faith that he could be a good player in that system than Denis, Rafinha or Rakitic would be.

So far just seen a player void of any confidence is a system totally unsuited to him.

JamDav1982

Haha yeah should have been us with Modric and Madrid with Gomes... :lol:

Pep didnt want Modric and the midfield was strong at that point. Not getting Kroos and taking in Rakitic was a decision that will hurt Barca for years even accounting for Rakitic being quite good in second half of treble season Kroos is just in a different class.

Home of Barca Fans