User Tag List

Page 352 of 416 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 6230

Thread: André "Despacito" Gomes (loaned to Everton)

  1. #5266
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See what happens when you play players like Fellaini in CL

  2. #5267
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    29,020
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    My opinion- Yes suffering from stress/pressure happens. But why the fuck is he brandishing this around in the media? Why doesn't he talk to the club psychologist behind closed doors? Putting this out in the open will only create unnecessary spotlight (doesn't help PR) and reduces our chances of selling him at a good price with big clubs seeing him as a bottler.

    Also no way in hell should he play against Chelsea and should be out the door next transfer window.
    Why? Because it only helps him!

    - plays the victim - gets sympathy
    - goes out publicly about not being happy - instantly lowers his price and opens himself to more clubs

  3. #5268
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you have never been inside the stadium.
    Lol shut the fck up. Pressure and stress doesnt equate to depression. If he had crippling anxiety and severe depression, he wouldn't even be able to kick the ball. There's much more traumatic events and scenarios that can cause this as a one time event, booing in a few seconds is not one of them.
    Last edited by henias; 14th March 2018 at 10:42 AM.

  4. #5269
    Moderator
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,020
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    My opinion- Yes suffering from stress/pressure happens. But why the fuck is he brandishing this around in the media? Why doesn't he talk to the club psychologist behind closed doors? Putting this out in the open will only create unnecessary spotlight (doesn't help PR) and reduces our chances of selling him at a good price with big clubs seeing him as a bottler.

    Also no way in hell should he play against Chelsea and should be out the door next transfer window.
    How do you know he didn't talk to the club? And for all we know maybe club even supported the idea of him going publicly about his issues.

    I think team mates, coaches and the board are standing behind him like they should. And fans at Camp Nou should do the same (I don't really care about "internet heroes" as I think Gomes is smart enough to not read barcaforum and twitteridiots), especially if he'll play tonight or in other important games when whole team needs 1000% backing from the fans. Booing Gomes is at the same time also upseting and negatively influencing other players, you could clearly see that from some of theirs and Valverde's reactions.

  5. #5270
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    No he isnt suffering from depression or anxiety. No one can get severe depression just from the crowd booing him for a few seconds.
    How many times is this going to get repeated?

    He is not saying he is 'depressed due to crowd booing' and anyway depression/anxiety can be caused by any reason for any individual.

    Henias you are talking a lot of shit on a subject you dont seem to have a clue about.

  6. #5271
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    How many times is this going to get repeated?

    He is not saying he is 'depressed due to crowd booing' and anyway depression/anxiety can be caused by any reason for any individual.
    Exactly tats what ppl are implying. So I said it's not and it doesnt work this way.

  7. #5272
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Exactly tats what ppl are implying. So I said it's not.
    But that could cotribute to stress/depression. Not that he is claiming that it could be a contributing factor.

    You cant categorise what the cause cant be for each individual.

  8. #5273
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camp Nou will probably applaud him in the next game because of his comments. Hope it gives some confidence to him.

  9. #5274
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    But that could cotribute to stress/depression. Not that he is claiming that it could be a contributing factor.

    You cant categorise what the cause cant be for each individual.
    It could but we dont know for sure if he was having depression in the first place, if people were talking about whether the incident could have contributed some stress then yes. Looking at the bright side, he doesnt play every match so I dont think it is to the extent that he could take it no more just because crowd is booing him for one instant. Depression isn't feeling like shit for a few days because of one incident, it is the constant darkness of helplessness. Booing isnt that extreme but if he has existing condition then yes.

    But no one knows for sure.

    I'm just correcting people who say the incident is the main contributing factor and the fans are to be blamed for being the main cause of his depression.

    Of course, booing someone is not very classy so I'm not talking shit or trying to bring down Gomes.
    Last edited by henias; 14th March 2018 at 12:28 PM.

  10. #5275
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    It could but we dont know for sure if he was having depression in the first place, if people were talking about whether the incident could have contributed some stress then yes. Looking at the bright side, he doesnt play every match so I dont think it is to the extent that he could take it no more because crowd is booing him for one day. Depression isn't feeling like shit for a few days because of one incident, it is the constant darkness of helplessness. Booing isnt that extreme but if he has existing condition then yes.

    But no one knows for sure.

    I'm just correcting people who say the incident is the contributing factor and the fans are to be blamed for being the main cause of his depression.
    Where did Hamzah say it was down to crowd booing in the comment you responded to?

    Again no one as far as I can see is arguing he is depressed due to the booing. You seem to be arguing against that when not being said.

    How qualified are you to speak on depression and causes of it?

  11. #5276
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Where did Hamzah say it was down to crowd booing in the comment you responded to?

    Again no one as far as I can see is arguing he is depressed due to the booing. You seem to be arguing against that when not being said.

    How qualified are you to speak on depression and causes of it?
    But how can one conclude he has depression just by him saying all these to the press?

    How qualified is Hamzah to make that statement?

  12. #5277
    Senior Member
    Windhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,784
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The low opinion on his footballing skills is hijacked by this media stunt.

    It really doesn't matter at this point. Gomes will still fail even with the crowd backing/applauding/supporting him, he's just mentally not prepared for big matches. Did anyone boo him at the start of the Atletico Madrid game? No. All this negativity is his fault, Camp Nou crowd is more patient than the folks at Bernabeu.

  13. #5278
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    But how can one conclude he has depression just by him saying all these to the press?

    How qualified is Hamzah to make that statement?
    Well obviously can challenge that and to state he 'has depression' is not what Gomes himself has said.

    To then say someone in his position could not possibly have it or cant have it due to crowd booing when no one saying that is no better really.

    Clearly he is struggling a bit mentally and doesnt come across as sympathy ploy to me it comes across as him being honest and admitting not been good enough.

    Folk moaning about this driving down his price are probably same ones that were cheering on the camp nou booing him even if it makes him worse and drives down his price.

  14. #5279
    reaper
    Guest
    What he has said is quite clever actually - makes Barcelona look mean if we ditch him in the summer.

  15. #5280
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    What he has said is quite clever actually - makes Barcelona look mean if we ditch him in the summer.
    No it doesnt.

    Can look like Barca sell him on as best thing for him as an individual if that is how looking at it.