User Tag List

Page 341 of 375 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5622

Thread: 21 - André "Despacito" Gomes

  1. #5101
    reaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    I think it's booing EV's decision than booing the player. But it's still really rare for Camp Nou to boo a player.
    Arda was booed, and now Gomes has been booed a few times. All it shows is that the Catalans know when a player is not good enough for their club. Nightmare for his apologists of course but good to know the Camp Nou still have basic standards.

  2. #5102
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,451
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    I can't blame gomes at all for being shit just like we couldn't blame douglas for that. Ev is the one responsible for playing him and if anything he needs to be criticised. Its amazing how so many people are here criticizing gomes but no one wants to criticize EV for selecting him and anyone who does is claimed a spoiled brat.
    In Gomes' defense, don't think he cost us points this season. He has not proven to be a liability. He doesn't really enhance the team either...owh well.

  3. #5103
    reaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    In Gomes' defense,
    I dont think he needs a defence from a barcelona fan. Gomes is very rich with lots of options when he leaves and we want the best players in the world. I think any type of defence of the indefensible just drags out the process.

  4. #5104
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,451
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    I dont think he needs a defence from a barcelona fan. Gomes is very rich with lots of options when he leaves and we want the best players in the world. I think any type of defence of the indefensible just drags out the process.
    Valverde's defence then.

  5. #5105
    reaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Valverde's defence then.
    Valverde may have been instructed to give Gomes a certain amount of minutes to keep his value high for the summer. Gomes like Arda have been very expensive mistakes and mistakes many normal everyday fans saw from miles away.
    Last edited by reaper; 7th March 2018 at 06:52 PM.

  6. #5106
    Senior Member
    Albo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    Arda was booed, and now Gomes has been booed a few times. All it shows is that the Catalans know when a player is not good enough for their club. Nightmare for his apologists of course but good to know the Camp Nou still have basic standards.
    There is a difference in booing Arda and booing Gomes.

    Booing Arda makes sense since he didn't give a shit and was lazy in general. Booing Gomes is just simply stupid, he tries and tries but it's not just working for him. You don't cut those mistakes from his play by booing him, you are probably even making it worse. Barca players reacted pretty angrily to Gomes getting booed as should any other Barca fan too. The day Gomes stops trying is the day I'll boo him too.

  7. #5107
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't ever boo your own players I don't think. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Gomes here, he's not good enough; but if he plays then that's on Valverde. And he doesn't seem to have a great deal of confidence in any case, can't image booing him is going to help.

  8. #5108
    Senior Member
    ronniecro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lazy arda was still better than hard trying gomes

  9. #5109
    reaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ASordidGod View Post
    Shouldn't ever boo your own players I don't think. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Gomes here, he's not good enough; but if he plays then that's on Valverde. And he doesn't seem to have a great deal of confidence in any case, can't image booing him is going to help.
    We are all agreed - 90% on here. that he should not be at the club. Sadly, players these days are making it harder and harder for a club to remove them when it turns out they were a mistake. Therefore any boos against Arda, Gomes etc can only help the process move along and avoid another season in the wrong club. A new club for Gomes would be good for both parties. Sadly Arda showed how weak Barcelona is in removing dead wood. It is important the millionaire Gomes realises he is not wanted. He has already reached his ceiling at Barcelona and he is not good enough. We thank him and good bye. The boos are important to hurry him on his way and help him decide against giving it another season. The Catalans in the stands are right - once again.

  10. #5110
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,233
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    We are all agreed - 90% on here. that he should not be at the club. Sadly, players these days are making it harder and harder for a club to remove them when it turns out they were a mistake. Therefore any boos against Arda, Gomes etc can only help the process move along and avoid another season in the wrong club. A new club for Gomes would be good for both parties. Sadly Arda showed how weak Barcelona is in removing dead wood. It is important the millionaire Gomes realises he is not wanted. He has already reached his ceiling at Barcelona and he is not good enough. We thank him and good bye. The boos are important to hurry him on his way and help him decide against giving it another season. The Catalans in the stands are right - once again.
    Just a question.
    Gomes and Semedo are both born in 1993.
    WHY is Gomes DONE and has reached his ceiling already, while "a kid" (lol) Semedo: is young, he needs to improve, he needs time etc?

    Also, last season Neymar was 25 years old while he was here.
    People used to reply all the time: he is our future, he is young, he will improve.

    So, some players are DEAD aged 24, while others have years of learning, improving and developing infront of them?

    What is worse, attackers like Neymar or fullbacks like Semedo rely more on pace and physical skills and a prime of those players is usually earlier than a prime of midfielders, who don't rely on pace that much, but more on technical skills and more important (later in their career) they rely on a huge experience and a reading of a game.

    For example, Mina is only 1 year younger than Gomes.
    And Samper is a year and a half younger than Gomes.

    Does that mean that in 12 Months, we are allowed to say: Mina has reached his ceiling, what you see is what you get.
    The same about Samper=what he learns in the next 18 Months, that's it? After the age 24-25, it is all downhill?

  11. #5111
    reaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Just a question.
    Gomes and Semedo are both born in 1993.
    WHY is Gomes DONE and has reached his ceiling already, while "a kid" (lol) Semedo: is young, he needs to improve, he needs time etc?

    Also, last season Neymar was 25 years old while he was here.
    People used to reply all the time: he is our future, he is young, he will improve.

    So, some players are DEAD aged 24, while others have years of learning, improving and developing infront of them?

    What is worse, attackers like Neymar or fullbacks like Semedo rely more on pace and physical skills and a prime of those players is usually earlier than a prime of midfielders, who don't rely on pace that much, but more on technical skills and more important (later in their career) they rely on a huge experience and a reading of a game.

    For example, Mina is only 1 year younger than Gomes.
    And Samper is a year and a half younger than Gomes.

    Does that mean that in 12 Months, we are allowed to say: Mina has reached his ceiling, what you see is what you get.
    The same about Samper=what he learns in the next 18 Months, that's it? After the age 24-25, it is all downhill?
    I think the problem is like communists believe all humans must live and thrive in an identical system that benefits everyone equally - you believe all players have the same talent at the same age headed for the same outcome.

    Neymar - from his worst games to his best showed he has raw ability. He showed he can win a game on his own at times. that is what was expected of him. Gomes.. well now Gomes has looked below average most the time - with his best moments lifting him to the average category. Therefore ideologue apologies for him based on his age compared to other players are null and void. Not all players develop equally and not all players have the same levels of natural ability, speed and quality on the ball. We have seen around 3600 minutes of Gomes at Barcelona. We know the type of player he is by now.

    The Catalans were correct to boo him. I hope - like all the Catalans who booed him and Arda - that he finds a new club soon and is hugely successful there. He is just not Balrcelona quality - never was.
    Last edited by reaper; 9th March 2018 at 10:51 AM.

  12. #5112
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    8,270
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CBs usually hit their prime older than midfielders and last longer too BBZ

  13. #5113
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    28,314
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fans have every right to express their opinion. Players are here for the fans and their entertainment and not other way around and if they are not happy they are entitled to boo, cheer or sing.

    There is something disgusting in modern millionaire "athletes" and their sense of entitlement when they are stacking their feelings against an average Joe who is sweating 8-16 and many of them actually supporting the club financially too via tickets, shirts, membership.

  14. #5114
    Danger Ahead
    Ghostmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    We are all agreed - 90% on here. that he should not be at the club. Sadly, players these days are making it harder and harder for a club to remove them when it turns out they were a mistake. Therefore any boos against Arda, Gomes etc can only help the process move along and avoid another season in the wrong club. A new club for Gomes would be good for both parties. Sadly Arda showed how weak Barcelona is in removing dead wood. It is important the millionaire Gomes realises he is not wanted. He has already reached his ceiling at Barcelona and he is not good enough. We thank him and good bye. The boos are important to hurry him on his way and help him decide against giving it another season. The Catalans in the stands are right - once again.
    Arda is at the end of his career and he didn't really care if he plays or not, I am pretty sure Gomes won't stay even if he asked to because he don't want play once or twice a month. Also Valverde already got rid of Arda, Deulofeu, Rafinha and banished Denis, so he knows what players are not good enough and are slowly moving away from them, but he can't sell/banish all of them at the same time because he won't have any players left on the bench. And now we are in situation where we might need to rely on Gomes to play against Chelsea because alternatives (Paulinho/Vidal) aren't exactly perfect. So booing a player doesn't really help the team, then you actually might need to rely on that player in one of the toughest matches of the season.

  15. #5115
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,233
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    I think the problem is like communists believe all humans must live and thrive in an identical system that benefits everyone equally - you believe all players have the same talent at the same age headed for the same outcome.

    Neymar - from his worst games to his best showed he has raw ability. He showed he can win a game on his own at times. that is what was expected of him. Gomes.. well now Gomes has looked below average most the time - with his best moments lifting him to the average category. Therefore ideologue apologies for him based on his age compared to other players are null and void. Not all players develop equally and not all players have the same levels of natural ability, speed and quality on the ball. We have seen around 3600 minutes of Gomes at Barcelona. We know the type of player he is by now.

    The Catalans were correct to boo him. I hope - like all the Catalans who booed him and Arda - that he finds a new club soon and is hugely successful there. He is just not Balrcelona quality - never was.
    Ok, I get you now.
    It is not about the AGE, but about "potential", we are moving into a subjective opinion now.
    Also, when we say "potential", people usually mean about technical skills.

    But one more thing which is bothering me for some time regarding posts from a lot of topics where people say: we should sell Denis, Rafinha, Paulinho, Gomes. (And some would sell even Rakitic).
    Are you guys looking at a situation from an objective way (or from EV's eyes) or are you looking at the situation from your own eyes?

    I am trying to say: till now we have learned that EV is a somewhat defensive coach.
    In previous clubs and at Barca also.
    At Barca we have learned that he likes 442 more than 433 and that he likes to play with 1-2 or even 3 workhorses in midfield.

    Now, if EV will win La Liga and CDR (which is 90% sure), he will surely stay.
    That means that he will probably continue with his idea, or, at best, he will turn into a SLIGHTLY more attacking coach, due to having Cotuinho and Dembele.
    But, imo, there is NOT a chance that he will suddenly turn from a defensive coach into a coach who will play Messi-Dembele-Suarez, Coutinho-Alena behind them.

    I guess that people who are saying: sell both Paulinho and Gomes are expecting that we will go back to a 433.
    But not ONLY to a 433, but also to a 433 with Pep's type of players like Coutinho-Alena/Arthur.

    I mean, ok, there is always a chance for that.
    But it is more realistic to expect the same EV, or only slightly more attacking.

    Imagine next season's CL knockout rounds and we play against Atletico.
    And we have sold Paulinho and Gomes.
    How do you think that EV will play against them?
    With Messi-Dembele-Suarez, Coutinho-Rakitic-Busquets, lol?
    He is not Pep, lol.
    And this is not 2009 anymore.
    Our 3 attackers don't defend, Coutinho is weak in defense and Raki+Busi are 30+ and slow.
    This lineup sounds promising...

    Or even worse, if we'll have only Rakitic from workhorses, what if he gets injured?
    Who will play then since our only midfielders will be:
    Coutinho, light and short
    Iniesta, light and short
    Alena, lighter
    Arthur, short and who knows when he will come and how will he play
    Busquets

    So, what, if Raki gets injured, do you think that EV will play: Messi-Dembele-Suarez, Coutinho-Alena?

    Look, if we would hire Pep this summer, I would agree with you, and I would say: feel free to sell Gomes and Paulinho, since they weren't good enough, plus they won't fit into Pep's style.
    But we aren't hiring Pep.
    We will have EV.
    And he likes workhorses, at least 2 of them in a lineup.

    So, my point is: since EV is a coach and he will STAY here, it would be quite dumb (for EV's ideas and for his style of football) to sell both Gomes and Paulinho.
    And currently it seems that Gomes is a slight better on a ball than Paulinho, right?
    So, if you sell Gomes, that means that we will have only Rakitic-Paulinho as workhorses.
    And that means that Paulinho will play almost every match, as a starter or as a sub.
    And if Raki gets injured, Paulinho will play ALL THE TIME.
    Do you guys want that?

    My point: I don't believe that we will sell Gomes.
    That type of a player is quite important in EV's plans.