Cdr: FC Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid 1-0

SKS-

Atletico are going to be fired up for this one. If they are going to sit back and play on the counter then we must make quick decisions in and around the box and be clinical in front of goal. It would be nice to put pressure on them with an early goal :barca scarf:

doublehh03

These two matches Will most likely be our "finals" this season. If we win - the copa is secured.

In the other tournaments I think we need a lot of luck, we are pretty simple not the best team. In cl teams like Chelsea, Bayern and real and maybe city have the advantage. In la liga Its obviously real.

I am happy for us though, some weeks ago I thought the season was pretty much over. Now we can win a title.

City? LOL. C'mon man.

Chelsea? LOL. PL teams are massively overrated.

Real? We should have been up 2-0 the first meeting, and that was when we were playing poorly. And REal's form is poor right now.

Bayern? This is the only team that "scare" me. We need to play at our best to have a chance v. Bayern. But we're not facing them yet, and hopefully Suarez returns to form by then.

KingLeo10

a quick and semi off topic point.

Bayern isn't the same as it was under jupp's final year. that group was highly motivated plus had ribery and robben in their primes as a serious dual threat from the wings. they also shared the goalscoring burden amazingly and had martinez holding down the fort in the midfield. The current bayern is not as strong but it is still a top team.

superbarca

a quick and semi off topic point.

Bayern isn't the same as it was under jupp's final year. that group was highly motivated plus had ribery and robben in their primes as a serious dual threat from the wings. they also shared the goalscoring burden amazingly and had martinez holding down the fort in the midfield. The current bayern is not as strong but it is still a top team.

I wouldn't be so sure. They have a solid defense and several quality players. It's not for nothing they are front-runners to win the CL in sports betting.

But toward the English teams, even Chelsea, we have nothing to fear. The Premier League is no longer the best league for a while, their teams are very overrated.

CatalinR10

9RZOTci.gif

Innnnnnnnnnnnn on Atletico game thread.

This first leg is so important.....

Hoping for a 2-0 win.

G

Gasgas

City? LOL. C'mon man.

Chelsea? LOL. PL teams are massively overrated.

Real? We should have been up 2-0 the first meeting, and that was when we were playing poorly. And REal's form is poor right now.

Bayern? This is the only team that "scare" me. We need to play at our best to have a chance v. Bayern. But we're not facing them yet, and hopefully Suarez returns to form by then.
That first meeting in the first half we were almost equal, benzema hit the post twice once with a header, and the second with a shot, james rodriguez targeted a free header wide, and benzema missed a few more chances.
I hate to admit it but we were dominated in both halves in such an underwhelming display

G

Gasgas

Hipefully the team brings its A game to this one and performs. My money is on neymar to score

doublehh03

That first meeting in the first half we were almost equal, benzema hit the post twice once with a header, and the second with a shot, james rodriguez targeted a free header wide, and benzema missed a few more chances.
I hate to admit it but we were dominated in both halves in such an underwhelming display

That was 2 months ago. Barca's form is better now, and Real's has slipped. In 2 months time, it could change when they meet again. I expect us to be even better in 2 months time as Suarez's finishing form will return.

Again, if the team continues to improve as it has been, and Messi continues this form, Real isn't our challenge. Their defense is susceptible.

This Barca team absolutely annihilated Atletico in the first half, before lettin up a little bit. The same Atletico team that has dominated Real.

Again, I feel very confident with Barca right now, with Messi leading the way. He's unstoppable right now.

I give Bayern tons of respect simply b/c of Pep, and how consistent they have been all season. I feel we need to play pretty much mistake free to challenge Bayern.

I'm glad we get to face Atletico this often so far. Their level and style of play will force Barca to improve.

Neymessi

Atletico lost 3-1 last time.They won't be coming without some drastic changes to their tactics at the camp nou.We are really good at home and the advantage is that the first leg is at home.Get a win here and all we would need is a draw in the second leg and we are through with 1 trophy for the season(most probably).

dakt

Ufff...I don't want to watch that game. Clueless about what could happen. Lucho, your time to shine.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Our defense hasnt improved at all. Alves? Pique? Masch? Alba? Sorry, but it just isnt a top level defense. Against good opponents they are exposed after a few seconds.

Our midfield was outplayed by real. My biggest disapointment really. Different class. Old xavi, iniesta and busquets - a no go. And rakitic isnt world class.

If you isnt we have a chance against such teams as Bayern and real, well so be it. But it has no rational basis.

We conceded 9 goals in the first half of the league season. It has clearly improved.

Home of Barca Fans