Cdr: FC Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid 1-0

i_bleed_blaugrana

Which teams would that be? Atletico is still one of the best teams around. Ask rm. And while we can obviously improve even more, these last 2 games against them showed a much better Barça.

Yes, we've improved but how? We've been a much better Barça? It's Messi going beast mode while everyone tries to keep up. Flukey and Messi can't win the CL for us on his own. The only improvement I see is Messi pissed off and lashing out on his opponents. The passing still lacks precision, we don't move as a team, no triangles.

And as far who the other teams are, I'm not convinced City will be so easy this time. I think City, Chelsea, Arsenal, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund could all give us a game. At this point it is extremely arrogant to assume that after two games against Atletico that we suddenly turned into world beaters.

I will say that our defense does look impressive. Piqué is finally back to his best after a couple seasons in LaLa land.

All I'm saying is this team went from total global nuclear meltdown mode to world beaters in two weeks. Nonsense.

I'm reserving judgement till City but I'm not sipping the "we turned the corner" kool-aid yet.

ATLBarcaFan

Yes, we've improved but how? We've been a much better Barça? It's Messi going beast mode while everyone tries to keep up. Flukey and Messi can't win the CL for us on his own. The only improvement I see is Messi pissed off and lashing out on his opponents. The passing still lacks precision, we don't move as a team, no triangles.

And as far who the other teams are, I'm not convinced City will be so easy this time. I think City, Chelsea, Arsenal, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund could all give us a game. At this point it is extremely arrogant to assume that after two games against Atletico that we suddenly turned into world beaters.

I will say that our defense does look impressive. Piqué is finally back to his best after a couple seasons in LaLa land.

All I'm saying is this team went from total global nuclear meltdown mode to world beaters in two weeks. Nonsense.

I'm reserving judgement till City but I'm not sipping the "we turned the corner" kool-aid yet.

Great post, I agree. It is wonderful to get 2 wins against Atletico, but if we go to Madrid next week and wet the bed those wins will be meaningless. City will be extremely tough in the UCL and unfortunately I think Real Madrid are still the best team in the world. So having to get past them to win La Liga will not be easy.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Yes these wins should be taken with caution, but there are few very positive developments:
  • Insane rotations seem to have stopped for now;
  • Rakitic is taking more risks and that pays off;
  • Alves has stopped crossing and is linking up with Messi nicely;
  • And most importantly players seem to be motivated and fight for every ball.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, Atleti needs to move to epl and get oil owners as it's clearly not enough to win these days.
Really pathetic to consider City or Arsenal ( who are getting mangled in CL by Barca or others) stronger than Atleti. Or Chelsea who were taken to school by Atleti.

Rich owner + Big names + epl still don't make you a big team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On one hand people here go apeshit about Real Madrid and how we can not beat them and at the same thing they play down Atletico Madrid - a team which still dominates RM this season and has looked very good.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Only 3 Atletico players completed more passes in the first half of the game than Barcellona goalkeeper Ter Stegen (17).

LEL. And people were saying Atleti didn't park the bus.

F

Flavia

Who is saying anything about "world beaters"? I have not seen anyone claiming that. Just that the team improved, and they did. It's not just Messi going on his god mode. Everyone is playing well, and they're looking like a team on the pitch now, instead of the looking lost and not knowing what to do. I don't think city is a better team than atletico either, btw.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
On one hand people here go apeshit about Real Madrid and how we can not beat them and at the same thing they play down Atletico Madrid - a team which still dominates RM this season and has looked very good.

People also don't seem to realize that Atleti dominated RM a few weeks ago with what was basically a B team.

KingLeo10

some of you guys are eternal pessimists from the looks of it. atletico has real's number this season (3 W, 2 D, 0 L ) head to head. and to the guy who mentioned arsenal, dortmund, and city as potential teams that can beat barcelona, you really are underestimating the team...dortmund is 17th place in bundesliga and arsenal are allergic to winning away games. city will be tougher than last year but let's not forget we blew them out last year.

Autumn

Where were we before, during, and after the crisis? Alive in all cups and 1 point behind Madrid.

I'm not saying this is some big turn-around. I'm saying there was never anything to turn-around from. It was all a fabricated narrative manufactured by the media and fueled by fans' constant pessimism and search for something to complain about.

We've been great all season with the exception of the Malaga and Real Madrid games.

Our results simply have not matched our performance. Even in this last game they didn't. 1-0 was not a justified result.

I only hope our results can begin to reflect our clear superiority over our opponents :)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Honestly, everything only went to shit (media wise) because Enrique decided to rest Neymar and Messi against Sociedad (understandable because he didn't want them injured after just returning from vacation). And then media created the image of a "Barca in Crisis" which it really wasn't. The only good that came of this supposed crisis was that Bartomeu was forced to call elections in the summer.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
some of you guys are eternal pessimists from the looks of it. atletico has real's number this season (3 W, 2 D, 0 L ) head to head. and to the guy who mentioned arsenal, dortmund, and city as potential teams that can beat barcelona, you really are underestimating the team...dortmund is 17th place in bundesliga and arsenal are allergic to winning away games. city will be tougher than last year but let's not forget we blew them out last year.

Might I add that City got blown away at home by an Arsenal.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Honestly, everything only went to shit (media wise) because Enrique decided to rest Neymar and Messi against Sociedad (understandable because he didn't want them injured after just returning from vacation). And then media created the image of a "Barca in Crisis" which it really wasn't. The only good that came of this supposed crisis was that Bartomeu was forced to call elections in the summer.

Lucho forced Barto to call early elections. :lucho: :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans