Darijo Srna

M

Medo

I think Barca should get Srna as a back-up/contestor for Dani Alves.

He is currently playing for Shaktar Donetsk, but after three years of making a transfer to Western Europa impossible, the Ukrainian club is said to be open for offers.

Srna is a versatile player: originally rightfooted, his left foot is almost as good as his perfect right foot.
He is fast, can attack and defend. good tackle and dribble.
But his best asset is his shooting and passing: his crosses are superb, he scores very easily on free kicks and penalties and can shoot from long distance too.
He also shows an incredible work rate and he can play both on the right and the left flank, midfielder or defender: he is always thinking about going forward and attacking, without struggeling in defence (bit lik Alves).
He has an eye for the balance in the team.

IMHO: He would have been a better option than Alves because he can play more positions, has the same qualities and he's cheaper!

I would love to see this guy in Barca shirt!
one of my favorite players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was named Croatia`s captain few months back. If there`s a player that resembles most to Dani Alves, it`s Srna. The determination, relentlessness, good free kicks... and yes.. occasional diving.
Barca don`t need him though, as we have Dani and Messi on the right and he wouldn`t come cheap. At least 20 mil.

PaulFCB

Banned
I don't think it would cost 20 million, Shaktar usually pays astronomic amounts of money for transfer that are from South America, understandably, how can you motivate a club & player to come to eastern Europe in a lonely industrial city to play in a championship like that except for the thing Shaktar does play each year in the Champions League...

R

Red Devil

I don't think it would cost 20 million, Shaktar usually pays astronomic amounts of money for transfer that are from South America, understandably, how can you motivate a club & player to come to eastern Europe in a lonely industrial city to play in a championship like that except for the thing Shaktar does play each year in the Champions League...

Its called money and greed players go there and want out straight away look at Elano who is at City he wasnt happy there was he .

T

TheLuka

Dario Srna

I started this thread 'cose Srna comes from my county and I wanna know you opinion of him. I think he is one of the best at his position

V

Valon

What's his natural position left back or right back? I know he plays in both sides but which is his natural position. And he's easily one of the best Croatian players.

T

TheLuka

right is natural.... he plays right back in Shakhtar and right wing for Croatia

V

Valon

He's definitely in the top 10 when it comes to RB position imo. He's also the highest scorer of Croatia from current squad and second best all time if I'm not mistaken.

Zqa-

Nice Wiki reading ;)

Haven't seen him much, maybe 4-5 matches every year, where he always plays good. He's the bomb in FM.

JALJM

srna's awesome.

but we have dani alves.

we need a similarly dynamic LB.

Do we? Only if he can attack and defend brilliantly, and those players are rare. Our formation is so attacking and vulnerable to counterattacks, that I don't mind having a defensive LB.
Zhirkov & Lahm, though great going forward, don't quite cut it defensively for me.

Home of Barca Fans