FC Barcelona CEOs

Wouterinho

Hi, I am writing my masters thesis on football CEOs and I was wondering (just out of interest) who is actually considered the current CEO? I know all the board members but because terminology differs so much, I don't really know who to consider CEO.

The above was just out of interest. If, however, someone knows who Barca's CEOs over the last 10-15 years have been, then feel free to post that as well because that would be useful for my thesis :D

Kohe321

This guy :messi:

Jokes aside, I guess that would be Bartomeu who is the current president. You might want to write quickly though, because Barca is going to get a new president in the summer!

:barca scarf:

Last edited:

Wouterinho

I know, but that doesn't really have any implications for my research luckily :D
The distinction between presidents and CEOs seems to differ a lot between clubs, it's really annoying in my case.
Anyway, I should just use Messi as CEO and hope either nobody notices or those who notice appreciate the humour :p

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good luck for your thesis :)

I think the Director General of the club is what could be perceived as the CEO, which was Antoni Rossich, but he was sacked in late December. Ignacio Mestre took over his position I believe.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, it seems like the Director General is the CEO which is Ignacio Mestre now after Rossich was sacked.

barca1899

Hi, I am writing my masters thesis on football CEOs and I was wondering (just out of interest) who is actually considered the current CEO? I know all the board members but because terminology differs so much, I don't really know who to consider CEO.

The above was just out of interest. If, however, someone knows who Barca's CEOs over the last 10-15 years have been, then feel free to post that as well because that would be useful for my thesis :D

Ignacio Mestre is the CEO.

https://es.linkedin.com/pub/ignacio-mestre/5/661/a5a

EDIT: Didn't notice that Rossich got sacked :facepalm:

Last edited:

Wouterinho

Thanks!
'Director general' is indeed the closest to the CEO and I've been using the 'director general' for the other Spanish clubs but for Barca, I wanted to be extra-sure :D

Home of Barca Fans