Ronald Koeman - thoughts and opinions

Zincubus

Banned
He's rumoured to be on his way to us , sooner rather than later !

Has done marvellously well this season with Southampton considering he took over AFTER they'd sold 18 first teamers including 90% of the elite players .

This is is current stance :-

@barcastuff: Koeman: "Coaching Barça is my dream? Won't repeat it anymore, I've been saying it for so long... Everyone knows my link with Barça." [elm]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only rumours from England from questionable sources if I'm not wrong.

I'm gonna say NO to Ronald Koeman right now. 6 months shouldn't give him the Barca job especially given his stint with Valencia. If he can do very well for a substantial amount of time then we'll see....

Icarium

Lifestealer
Koeman for first team and Oscar Garcia for B team is not bad. If lucho did not turn this team around i am okay with Koeman, he has very good experience but i fear his lack of experience with big teams might hurt us.

He won the copa with Valencia (but position in the league is very bad) and his stint at Feyenoord was also a very good one. Before that i can't say for sure because i don't the situation of Eredivisie. One thing is for sure, he is better than luis enrique.

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Would be a bold choice but I'm not sure if he could be swayed mid-season to leave Southampton. Of course, he could be this summer but I'm thinking Laporta would have his own choice unless Koeman can leave an impression on him in six months by turning around the toxic situation in Barcelona right now.

Oscar Garcia is still a fine choice with me for right now until the summer, where the new board can reevaluate the situation and either keep Garcia or move forward with a new coach. I suppose the same could be done with Koeman if he can swayed to leave Southampton right now.

Richard.H

Will definitely say no. We have taken huge chances with the past 2 coaches. No need to risk it a 3rd a time

L

linetty

Unless Laporta does have him in his plans there's no point in taking him off the Southampton job for a few months.

khaled_a_d

He is a good coach ,I just don't believe he is good enough
Sort of Schuster signing for RM 7 years ago ,he had the best team so he led them to the 1st place .he isn't gonna get the best of a team like Barca but won't make us play bad

Butaan4barca

luis enrique will finally succeed. and he aint going anywhere till the end of the season, unless messi / enrique rift stories are ture

How did his relationship end with Barca as a player? Or was his problem strictly with Van Gaal?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Would be better for him to finish the season with Southampton first. See where they can manage to finish.

Home of Barca Fans