Lliga: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 3-1

FC B

CB - Alves, Bartra, Mathieu, Alba - Rakitic , Mascherano, Iniesta - Messi , Suarez, Neymar

Bench : TS, Pique, Adriano, Busi, Rafinha, Pedro, Munir

Don't expect a win but hope won't lose. If by any chance Lucho will start that lineup there is a glimpse of hope also considering our key players all perform in a way or another.

Alik

I doubt it. Anyhow it would make no sense to play Mathieu as LB against a team that will be playing defensively.

F

Flavia

I'm not confident for this match. I think Masch should play as dm, but I don't think it'll happen. Unless he is played paired with Busi again, but that didn't work before.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I am expecting a loss, tbh. I really can't see us winning this one. Other than the brilliance of our front trio, we don't have an answer for their tactics. Let's just hope Atleti have an off day on Sunday.

hardyboy

---------------Ter Stegen--------------------

Alves--------Bartra------Mathieu--------Alba

Rakitic--------Mascharano-------Iniesta

Messi---------Suarez----------Neymar

Last edited:
I

instinct

My ideal line-up would be

ter-Stegen

Alves Pique Masche Alba
Busquets
Iniesta Rakitic
Messi Suarez Neymar

Neymessi

Enrique must know that athletico will not be attacking too much.Certainly not from open play.They parked the bus on their home vs real.They are going to park an airbus at camp nou and attack on counters and most of their attacks will be crosses etc

Last season tata did extremely well against manc.He was asked as to what his plans were for manc's set pieces.He said the best way to deal with them would be to avoid them and we hardly conceded any set piece or corner from manc at etihad.If I remember some positives from tata then its this.Outclassed pelligrini with his tactics.

We really need 2 tall players as CB.I would pick pique and mathieu.

Ursegor

World Champion
Why do so many people want Rakitic to start? It's like 10000000000 % clear he won't after yesterday's "performance". :lol:

Mascherano-Busquets-Iniesta. Quote me on it, bet your house and wife on it.

F

Flavia

Why do so many people want Rakitic to start? It's like 10000000000 % clear he won't after yesterday's "performance". :lol:

Probably. But we are already struggling a lot to create, and these 2 together against Valencia didn't help with that.

Alik

Mascherano -Busquets also haven't performed well together either. Rakitic, is the least of the evils, that's why I want him to start.

Ursegor

World Champion
Probably. But we are already struggling a lot to create, and these 2 together against Valencia didn't help with that.

Against Valencia it was Xavi alongside Busquets and Mascherano. With Iniesta it's a bit different, he suits the most advanced role ahead of Busquets and Mascherano much better. Suarez still missed a 1 on 1, was wrongly called offside when he was 1 on 1 and scored a wrongly disallowed goal so it wasn't that bad for an away game at Mestalla.

Also I don't see what Rakitic will solve in terms of creativity. Mascherano shows more creativity with his accurate long balls (started Messi's goal against PSG). Rakitic hasn't shown anything.

Mascherano is one of the few who can match Atletico's intensity. No way he will be left out and I don't think he'll play CB against the best set piece team in the history of football.

Neymar Suarez Messi
Iniesta Busquets
Mascherano
Alba Mathieu Pique Alves
Bravo

Home of Barca Fans