Barca elections 2015

Tomchin

It's better to give foreigners who care about the club genuinely membership instead of these lazy socios. But sadly "Catalunya fuck yeah" lobby would be outraged at the suggestion.
That's what Laporta did (under his reign we went from 100.000 socis to 180.000 or so?), and Rosell/Bartomeu put a halt on that.

From a Barcelona soci point of view, I think it makes sense that they're in favor of restricting the foreign soci-membership. It's already very difficult to get a season-ticket nowadays (I think the waiting-list is 10 year or so), and of course, the more socis, the harder it gets to get a season-ticket.

Neimax

The election of Barto is very bad news for all of us Barcelonistas. But I have to admit that if Laporta had won it, I wouldn't be very optimistic either. It was obvious, that the outcome of this election would only have one loser: FC Barcelona.

As long as there is no peace between this two parties, Barcelona continues to be an explosive barrel. With every action they take, they want to harm the other party, but as a matter of fact they only harm Barcelona. They destroy all the good reputation and all the hard worked success with their childish and studpid behaviour.

We can only hope that Bartomeu (and Rosell) and Laporta not completely destroy our beloved club and we can hope that the day will come when all the Barcelonistas stop to fight eachother and start to move into the same direction. The interests of the club have to be more important than their own interests.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would be the best for Barcelona if someone else is elected next time. Victor Font has indicated he'll stand in 2021, but you never know.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hopefully Pique in 6 years with some massive backing from the players and former players.

Tomchin

Would be the best for Barcelona if someone else is elected next time. Victor Font has indicated he'll stand in 2021, but you never know.
True, it's a shame that Victor Font didn't run this time, he seemed to have very clear ideas for the future. I thought initially he planned to participate, but then afterwards he said that he wasn't ready, but I don't remember the reason anymore.

Tomchin

Hopefully Pique in 6 years with some massive backing from the players and former players.
I'd prefer someone more experienced to lead Barca ;) Sure, Pique is really intelligent, and I can see him become a Barca-president one day, but let him first gain some experience in a company-environment.

DonAK

True, it's a shame that Victor Font didn't run this time, he seemed to have very clear ideas for the future. I thought initially he planned to participate, but then afterwards he said that he wasn't ready, but I don't remember the reason anymore.

Said he was busy with his business apparently. But yes, clear plan and vision for the club. I hope he mobilizes the socis in the next 6 years.

DonAK

Can Barto run in 2021?

Well, he wasn't elected in 2010, but I believe his year and a half as President after Rosell stepped down does count as a term according to the statutes. IF that's the case then he won't be able to run in 2021 or whenever the elections are held the next time.

frog-fcb

That's what Laporta did (under his reign we went from 100.000 socis to 180.000 or so?), and Rosell/Bartomeu put a halt on that.

From a Barcelona soci point of view, I think it makes sense that they're in favor of restricting the foreign soci-membership. It's already very difficult to get a season-ticket nowadays (I think the waiting-list is 10 year or so), and of course, the more socis, the harder it gets to get a season-ticket.

How many season ticket holders only turn up for the really big games though a lot of foreign fans most likely attend more games than some season ticket holders

Drexl

Bartomeu and his team did prevent Neymar and Suarez from going to Real Madrid. Chose Rakitic over Kroos.

Lucho turned out to be a very good manager.

Treble won, record profits.

Bartomeu played the cards he had very well in the campaign. They moved swiftly for Turan and got the deal done while Laporta was left talking about UNICEF and La Masia, while Benedito was talking about an impossible deal for Verratti and some sports energy drink that nobody had ever heard of. BARTOMEU RAN THE BETTER CAMPAIGN.

Back to business, we have a sextuple to win!

The voice of reason.
Funny how politics makes people's brains turn into jelly. Come on, enjoy football, not this bullshit!
And it looked like Laporta didn't give a crap about these elections.

MessiDinho10

Restricting membership will only slightly affect how hard it is to get a season ticket, which it already is. Most new members are foreign, which means they live too far away to attend the amount of games that makes a season ticket worth their money.

Stric

By the way, we can forget about Xavi coming back (and our other legends) as long as Bartomeu is in charge.

Well, he wasn't elected in 2010, but I believe his year and a half as President after Rosell stepped down does count as a term according to the statutes. IF that's the case then he won't be able to run in 2021 or whenever the elections are held the next time.

That's an interesting question. In some presidential systems you can run for a second term after your first and the one in which you took over from a resigning president, as long as the previous president you took over from resigned in the second half of his term. So basically, you can have a maximum of 2 and a half terms. If this is the case at FCB, with the early elections and all, I don't think Barto's past year counts.

MessiDinho10

By the way, we can forget about Xavi coming back (and our other legends) as long as Bartomeu is in charge.

That's an interesting question. In some presidential systems you can run for a second term after your first and the one in which you took over from a resigning president, as long as the previous president you took over from resigned in the second half of his term. So basically, you can have a maximum of 2 and a half terms. If this is the case at FCB, with the early elections and all, I don't think Barto's past year counts.

Bartomeu 2027 it is then :bartomeu:

Home of Barca Fans