Barca elections 2015

Leo_Messi

You mean like his David Beckham promise? ;)

Haha, that actually ended pretty well with us getting Ronaldinho instead who was twice the player (easily).:rockon:

What I meant with gifts here is a potent candidacy or some attractive promises/deals that could turn any potential doubters in his favor should this season end well. Most club members are conservative and old and most of their information derives from Sport and EMD. Especially the latter. Both of those sports newspapers, especially EMD, are just parroting what the board is saying.

Depending on how the season ends we will see Sport and EMD campaigning for their favorites. Unlike previous elections the run-up to the elections will be short. 4-6 weeks at most. The elections in 2010 stated WAY before in comparison.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He lied in his elections campaign. He only won because he promised Beckham.

And it was no thanx to Laporta that it "turned out well" as Sandro was the one to be thanked for snatching Ronaldinho when he almost signed for ManUtd.

Bottom line: Don't trust anything Laporta might promise.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
There is no way this board gets re-elected, even if we win the treble!

Lucho will stay no matter what happens from now on, and he is to get credit for our performances, not the board, if anything, Zubizareta has more credit than Barto for our season, so no, Barto will be judged for his part, all shady stuff and shity management, and he'll be out.

I can't even imagine him getting more than 10% votes, no one ever elected him in the first place and he has been worst than a waste of space.

Leo_Messi

He lied in his elections campaign. He only won because he promised Beckham.

And it was no thanx to Laporta that it "turned out well" as Sandro was the one to be thanked for snatching Ronaldinho when he almost signed for ManUtd.

Bottom line: Don't trust anything Laporta might promise.

Beckham abandoned ship in the last moment when RM came calling. If I recall then we had already agreed a fee with Man Utd. No, he did not only win because he promised Beckham. Read up on the "Elefant Blau" movement that he was a key member of and several people from his candidacy.

Ronaldinho or not, Laporta was one of the greatest presidents in our club's history. That should not even be questioned.

Being a club member for almost 20 years (pretty much my entire life) and having followed the club intensively for 10+ years should be enough to distinguish between bullshit and genuine news.

One thing is clear. Hell would have to freeze before I will ever consider voting for the current board if Laporta is the alternative.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

There is no way this board gets re-elected, even if we win the treble!

Lucho will stay no matter what happens from now on, and he is to get credit for our performances, not the board, if anything, Zubizareta has more credit than Barto for our season, so no, Barto will be judged for his part, all shady stuff and shity management, and he'll be out.

I can't even imagine him getting more than 10% votes, no one ever elected him in the first place and he has been worst than a waste of space.

I find it unlikely as well as I wrote earlier but don't underestimate the number of conservative and old club members (most are locals or from other parts of Spain) who mostly rely on EMD and Sport solely. Media that are more or less always in the pockets of every given board that runs the club.
Many of those people don't access other media platforms in connection with FCB other than local radio stations that deal with football. They will form a significant percentage of the club members who will actually vote.

There are around 150.000 club members as of today. Around 15.000 or so live abroad. Rosell won the last elections in 2010 by getting almost 2/3 of the 55.000 or so votes that were casted if my memory serves me right. That's a turnout that correspondents to less than 40% of all club members. Logically most people who will vote in July will be locals.

I am afraid that Bartomeu might have a chance if the team ends the season on a high note. He has been positioning himself locally and attending a lot of meetings at various peñas etc. since January. All due to the upcoming elections of course.
Sport and EMD are also praising the board more than usual.

It's unlikely but we can't write it off entirely for the reasons I have mentioned and a few other more minor reasons. A lot really depends on whether Laporta will run or not. If he will then he will likely win as the polls showed months ago. That was before our revival as a team though so they might not be as representative of the ground realities anymore.
Hopefully he will form a potent team like in 2003 so he can be reelected and replace the current clowns.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Beckham abandoned ship in the last moment when RM came calling. If I recall then we had already agreed a fee with Man Utd. No, he did not only win because he promised Beckham. Read up on the "Elefant Blau" movement that he was a key member of and several people from his candidacy.

Ronaldinho or not, Laporta was one of the greatest presidents in our club's history. That should not even be questioned.

Being a club member for almost 20 years (pretty much my entire life) and having followed the club intensively for 10+ years should be enough to distinguish between bullshit and genuine news.

One thing is clear. Hell would have to freeze before I will ever consider voting for the current board if Laporta is the alternative.

Being a member or not doesn't make you or your opinion right.
Rosell was elected by members with a record percentage.
What does that tell you? People are gullible just as they where with Laporta and his failed promises.

Leo_Messi

Being a member or not doesn't make you or your opinion right.
Rosell was elected by members with a record percentage.
What does that tell you? People are gullible just as they where with Laporta and his failed promises.

Who said it does? Your claim of Laporta being elected solely because he promised Beckham is just wrong. I am not sure what that has to do with anything either.

Rosell was elected because he had the best PR campaign, great connections in the local media (Grupo Godó), many well-known faces among his board members, his pedigree and popularity as one of the key elements of our rise as a club as a former sporting director and the man that basically bought us Ronaldinho etc. This was long before all the scandals etc. His main opponents were Benedito, Ingla and Ferrer for God's sake. Hardly world beaters.

People are indeed gullible everywhere and that's exactly why I wrote post 36 and stated that Bartomeu has a chance of being elected which he does not deserve at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You were the one claiming in league thread how trophies are essential so going by that logic Bartomeu (if Barca wins a major trophy) should be in good chance to win.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The thing about this that I'm not liking is the fact that if Laoprta turns up, he wins. That type of election is not a good thing.

Home of Barca Fans